Good news for Lefties.....Low interest to stay!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
For the Lefty AE conga line enjoy! !lol ...........What happened to the proposed doom and gloom of high interest rates?

Stable rates we can bank on

By MATHEW CHARLES and IAN LOVETT

June 9, 2005

HOMEOWNERS can sleep easier after the Reserve Bank's decision to keep interest rates stable provoked forecasts they are unlikely to move north this year.

Experts are even suggesting the next change could be downwards, either later this year or early next year.

Under that scenario the RBA would drop rates to breathe life into a slowing economy and help combat rising unemployment.

While the RBA never explains why it keeps rates unchanged, AMP Capital Investors chief economist Shane Oliver said there was no reason to support a rise.

"On all fronts, the case for raising interest rates has dried up," he said.

But a raft of tepid economic data had few tipping the RBA would increase rates from the four-year high of 5.5 per cent the bank pushed them to in March.

"breathe life into a slowing economy and help combat rising unemployment"
"raft of tepid economic data "
Where does that come from? House prices in a slump, every retailer has a sale on, billions pumped into a war no one wants to know about etc. Yep, the RBA kept them on hold because to raise them would affect a fragile economy guided by the grinning PMwannabe. We still don't see the national infrastructure projects that would lift employment and assist business - instead we get handouts to individuals who don't need them.

Doesn't mean I believe that the other mob would do a better job, just that the encumbants are very uninspiring.

youprobably used them all up thinking of Howard!

Very good zap.

I would say low interest rates are good for everyone byso, not just the "Lefties" you refer to

Your right champ but I thought the Lefties would be happy considering the Doom and gloom that they've bantered around. j/k

daniel, one of my mates at work has the nickname Sorbent. The sook just cries about everything. Its quite a cleaver name too if I do say so myself.

daniel, one of my mates at work has the nickname Sorbent. The sook just cries about everything. Its quite a cleaver name too if I do say so myself.

I wsnt talking about Crying!

Byso needs the kleenex for something else when he thinks of Howard :D

I need a bucket when I see a photo of you in my photo gallery here! :twisted:

talk your self up champ!

:blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4