• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ConcernedSupporter

Reserve Grader
Anyone else think the boys look a lot fitter this season than they have in the past few years?

Rose has slimmed down since the All Stars game.

Snake doesn't seem to have lost much in the way of pace or timing from what he showed the other night.

Also, I nearly didn't recognise Jason King! He looks super fit but it's kinda scary that he's channeling Cliffy (think about it, the hair, the mo')

Hopefully this means the off season was brutal and that whole second half slump we were having last year is gone.

ConcernedSupporter link said:
Anyone else think the boys look a lot fitter this season than they have in the past few years?

Rose has slimmed down since the All Stars game.

Snake doesn't seem to have lost much in the way of pace or timing from what he showed the other night.

Also, I nearly didn't recognise Jason King! He looks super fit but it's kinda scary that he's channeling Cliffy (think about it, the hair, the mo')

Hopefully this means the off season was brutal and that whole second half slump we were having last year is gone.

If they are so much fitter than last season then how come we didn't score a point in the second half on Saturday.  2010 ground hog day again.

Not much impact from rose on the weekend and he still looks 8 kilos overweight. 

Yeah he's fat as ****. He should spent more time breathing and eating footy and less time designing ridiculous ****en hairstyles. I don't think fitness was one of the issues that let us down on the weekend though.

I agree I think we were fitter and given we had barely any bench left at the end of teh game and had so many injuries. we did well to stay in it as longs as we did.

Sure they eventually scored but we defended 4 sets in a row on our own line and looked to still be going strong.

I am not concerned with that part of our game at all

Fonz link said:
Yeah he's fat as s**t. He should spent more time breathing and eating footy and less time designing ridiculous f**ken hairstyles. I don't think fitness was one of the issues that let us down on the weekend though.

What he said.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186856.msg323152#msg323152 date=1300077785]
We did well to stay in it as longs as we did.

When was that, till they got off the team bus before the game :)
[/quote]

18 - 6 was still a fairly close game. The score didnt blow out at all. We had a scrambled attack because of the players we had to shift. At half time we went in 6 - 6 which was a great effort given the intensity of the game and the amount of troops we had in the sick bay.

It was a grinding game - last year we actually got out the blocks with massive linespeed that subsequently slowed the players up when possession turned around. Sat night was just 1 paced throughout so it was more a marathon with no sprints in between - was waiting for the boys to step it up with a couple of big defensive sets to take control but it didn't happen. Hard to judge fitness on that game - the Rooters will test the fitness big time.

we held smith, slater and cronker out for 22 tackles in a row before a dodgie miss by poor old trex

That shows fitness and a bit of ticker

The game didn't really have a lot of pace and Storm were pretty bad so I don't think our fitness was really tested.  We may indeed be a bit fitter across the board than last year but I don't think it was really tested on Saturday night.

I was impressed with the boys defence and fitness, sure we only scored once but it's round one and things were scratchy but the 9,7 and 1 for the storm are lethal once they are in opposition red zone it's hard to keep them out and we did a good job except for one sloppy mistake and a freakinsh ball from Widdop.

Dave link said:
I was impressed with the boys defence and fitness, sure we only scored once but it's round one and things were scratchy but the 9,7 and 1 for the storm are lethal once they are in opposition red zone it's hard to keep them out and we did a good job except for one sloppy mistake and a freakinsh ball from Widdop.

It was a good ball, but a defensive mistake by Foran.  He made the decision to come up too late.  He either needed to stay out and back his inside man to get Widdop or go early enough so his winger would have enough time to follow him.

Fitness?  hard to judge on that run.  I thought Princess, Kite and Rose still were ponderous.  The on-line defense was excellent, bar the one T-Rex mistake.

DSM5 link said:
Fitness?  hard to judge on that run.  I thought Princess, Kite and Rose still were ponderous.  The on-line defense was excellent, bar the one T-Rex mistake.
it reminded me alot of round 1 2008 against the sharks

Fitness was no issue in this game, it was the ball handling and penalties conceded in crucial times, let us not be consistent in these things and we will be ok !

Two words....Donny Singe

Fitness wasn't the issue, their hands were the problem 35% completion rate is unacceptable and we'll never win a game if that keeps up!!

I found this article from Yahoo sports, something that could really help out with any fitness issues we might have. We should get these for our team for sure.

Tottenham's stars are set to wear space-age shirts next season that will tell their manager when he needs to substitute them.

Spurs recently signed a new kit deal with American firm Under Armour, who are planning to include a computer embedded in each shirt which will detect when players are getting too tired to carry on, according to the Sunday Telegraph.

The shirts contain a series of sensors which send second-by-second updates about the player's heart rate, core body temperature, breathing rate and acceleration.

That data is fed to the coaching team in the dugout, who can monitor each of the men on the pitch and make decisions about who should be replaced.

The information won't just help the Spurs squad, however: plans are afoot to share the information with broadcasters so that fans can see how individual players are faring, raising intriguing prospects such as being able to see a striker's heartbeat change as he approaches the ball to take a penalty.

"You can watch his heart rate as he waits to take the kick," says Under Armour's Mark Dowley. "For the first time you can see inside an athlete as they perform. It adds to the drama."

Pretty intersting Jersey's eh? Could at least tell Dessie when to switch players.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7