Good cheap mobile phone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
Hey guys,

Last monday I went and got a new phone as the one I had was on it's last legs.

I walked out of the shop happy as larry with my new phone I changed everything over to this new phone... all good.

Then on thursday some arsehole decided to steal my wallet and brand new phone out of my work lunch box. So, after heading down to telstra to tell them and hoping they would replace my phone they tell me it would cost me about $1000 to buy out my now new contract to get a new phone.

I obviously told them to whop that up their arse.

So, now I'm back to square one. I am back to my old ****ty phone that takes forever to do anything and I'm down a wallet (i'm slowly getting all my cards re-issued etc)

My question is does anybody have a decent phone I could buy off you??? It will need to last me another 2 years (when my now new contract is up).

I'll be willing to negotiate a price depending on the model and condition of it but yeah I don't know how much longer I could put up with this old ****heap.

Thanks guys.

my old phone is no good. Speaker is out so can barely hear anything, not to mention that it switches itself off every now and then. You can have it if you want.

Did you take out insurance? If not ask if you can put it on now, wait a month and then report it stolen. Otherwise ring telstra and explain the situation and ask if you can get a new if cheaper phone

yeah good thinking on the second option Dan.

Telstra have screwed me hard for a long while now it's about time I got something back.

Nutz Id go to a different Telstra shop if I was you.

They should be able to give you a new handset on the existing plan for a little extra per month. I did it a few years back when I lost my mobile at Melba's. Think it cost me another $15-20 a month.

clontaago link said:

They should be able to give you a new handset on the existing plan for a little extra per month. I did it a few years back when I lost my mobile at Melba's. Think it cost me another $15-20 a month.

C'mon mate we all know you lost it at that all-male strip joint next to bar 20.  Is that a phone in your pocket or are you pleased to see me?

Nutz, if you get stuck & cant afford Clon's suggestion, let me know.

You can have my phone (Nokia 2100) & I will go buy a new one.

yeah, i'm not too keen on paying one off. It's another way they keep you locked into a contract. I've done it before. i'm more keen to just buy one outright.

Jatz, I wouldn't wanna get it off you if you means you have to buy a new one hahaha

Matabele link said:
I suspect Jatz is out of contract and looking for an excuse to get an iPhone???

:) Mata, the iphone sounds a lot like me having to go back to being busy again. Not sure im ready to do that.

Nutz, mate if your doing it tough & need a phone, you can have mine. I would be happy to help you out. 

Iphone doesnt make you busy but it lets you have Silvertails pretty much everywhere, and you have the 3g network down there in the sunny coast too!

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=177988.msg191327#msg191327 date=1217211091]

C'mon mate we all know you lost it at that all-male strip joint next to bar 20.  Is that a phone in your pocket or are you pleased to see me?
[/quote]

I thought we were keeping that night to ourselves

I lost my phone a while back and got a new Nokia from ebay.  To buy from a Telstra shop it was $600, I got it on ebay for $200 new with warrantly and all the stuff that goes with them.  Otherwise just get a $150 prepaid, or a ex demo from ebay.

Nutzcraw link said:
ex demo phones are the go are they garts??

Cant find a PM function on this site if indeed there is one, (i am certain there was one in days gone past) so Nutz, if you want my phone let me know.

On the front page. The forum one is gone due to javascript errors I haven't had time to get around to fixing

Go to the home page login and you will see PM there

I'm just holding off at this moment Jatz as my birthday is less than a month off and a birdie tells me I may have one coming.

Thanks for the offer I appreciate it and if nothing comes on my birthday i'll be sure to hit you up.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6