Goldman back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kimox

As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, Goldman is back. Brookie wasn't the same without him!!

Granted a comeback
RUGBY LEAGUE
20 DEC 11 @ 05:32PM BY JON GEDDES
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/granted-a-comeback/
AFTER winning the biggest battle of his life, Grant Goldman has promised he won’t change a thing when he makes a triumphant return to his spiritual home at Brookvale Oval next season.

The veteran radio announcer and Sea Eagles tragic will be back as the ground announcer at Brookvale in 2012, a position he previously held for 30 years.

Goldman left the job in March 2010 when the decision was made to move in a new direction.

His re-appointment now has extra meaning for Goldman, who has courageously come through the most difficult period of his life after being diagnosed with bowel cancer in May.

The subsequent chemotherapy and radiation therapy only reinforced his determination to see his two-year-old daughter Alexandria grow up.

“I have bounced back beautifully, everything is in recovery mode,” Goldman told the Manly Daily. And now he can’t wait to get behind the microphone again after two seasons away following a meeting with Sea Eagles chief operating officer David Perry.

“It was like an arm missing because you had been here so long it is part of your life,” Goldman said. “It is surging through your maroon and white blood.”

Goldman said the job provided him a huge adrenaline rush.

“And that is why I get over-excited sometimes during a game because your team is winning or they are fighting back,” he said.

“Then you hear the crowd reacting to you and you think ‘I have got them going too’. I still can’t get over that - with a microphone you can get people roaring.

“And I will be the same person. Nothing beats Brookvale Oval, nothing beats a supporter in another jumper giving you the finger or trying to scream at you to shut up because you know you are doing your job.”

Perry said the club reviewed the game-day experience and listened to the fans who wanted Goldman back.

“Grant has enormous passion for the Sea Eagles and a great ability to engage the Brookvale crowd and he brings a unique energy to the games,” Perry said.

Goldman is positive about the side’s chances next year.

Welcome back Grant, your passion for the Manly players, supporters & Brookie can't be faked!!

The best ground announcer in the game. Brookie wasn't the same without you. Welcome back Grant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4