Golden Boot!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
I realise that this maybe the wrong place to sing the praises of anthony minichiello and believe me i am a manly fan through and through. But every game i watch this bloke play he is consistently in the top 5 or maybe even top 3 players on the field.

The bloke is just a freak and i pose the question could he be the best fullback thats graced the field (remembering he could still player another 7 - 8 years). I know it's a giant call but find me a game where he is out and out had a shocker, game 2 this year (from memory) he was found dropping the ball a fair bit but still when the match was done he would have been one of the best on ground (although it was daylight after johns that night).

So, i say congratulations to anthony minichello on winning the golden boot award and surely a dally m is on it's way one day. I just hope the not so great games are against manly :lol:

Lol I went to college with his cousin Bert.

I remember when he didn't getpicked for State of origin, my mate was saying..it is because he is a choc, deadset man chocos never get anything.

They are great guys though or at least his cousin and their group of friends is

Nutcraw - Credit where it is due big fella. Minichello is absolute class, and his selection as the best player in the world at present is a fair call. It would be HEAVEN to have him play for Manly. I'd put Stewart on the wing or something.
He is extremely safe, yet ruthless, and his defence is second to none.

I agree with Stuey Davis' Socks. Lockyer offered more in attack when at fullback than Minicello does.

Also, I wouldn't swap Stewart for Minicello.

true that, minicello wasnt even a consideration for australian selection (at fullback) when lockyer was at fullback, lets see if ricky decides to throw mini into 5/8, then everyone could overrate him like they do lockyer.
p.s. minicello did not deserve man of the series in 2005 origin. i will fight anyone who disagrees.

by fight u mean argue... right??

i would agree that his player of the series was maybe not deserved but you would have to agree he would have been in the top 3 or 5 candidates for it. Which is what i said about him always being in the top ranked players whenever he takes the field.

I agree that lockyer offered a bit more in attack but what i would like to see is a comparison of workloads at fullback between the 2 of them. I know that lockyer could cut them down with the best of them, but don't think he got involved in the play i.e did the dirty work, like the count does.

It is a debate that could go on forever, but fact is bennett has now taken the world's best fulback at the time and thrown him into a position that like it or lump it he can't handle. He gets by the games ok, but he has already been found wanting in defence which has in turned increased his workload and made him less potent in attack. Making him into a more average player than he once was.

In my opinion minichiello is a better rugby league player and will probably go down as a better rugby league player than lockyer because once you've retired all you have is your statistics. I believe minichiello's will make for better reading when they both retire. As for if lockyer had of played fullback all his career it may be the other way around but mr bennett has made tha decision and the decision has in turn, i believe, sacrificed lockyer the chance of going down in history as one of the top calibre of players.

He WILL forever be known as the best fullback to play an average 5/8!!

If minichello could learn how to pass he would be much better. Almost everytime he runs in attack he gets to the line, throws a dummy and goes himself, on the occasion that he does try to pass it is often wayward or forward.

There is no way i would swap stewart for him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4