Gold Coast Holiday Accomodation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Can anyone recommend a great place to stay on the Gold Coast? I am planning to go there with my wife & 3 boys at the beginning of November for a couple of weeks.
We are looking for something that is self contained, not in a high rise apartment & has child friendly amenities.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

the iluka hotel on caville parade is pretty good and fairly cheap

Can I suggest that the Sunshine Coast is far more kid friendly?

Especially as it is Schoolies at that time. Nothing like Schoolies to give 3 boys an early sex education.

I know the perfect place to stay that fits that description. My wife and 3 boys stayed there earlier this year.

its a high rise but tis self contained, just ask for something on the lower floors, Its the best and most reasonably priced one up there

Mata is right. You'll get a lot of trouble on the GC appartments that time of year. Sunshine Coast is nice too. Not as busy that time of year and may be more available.

Not to mention that they jack the price up for Schoolies weeks.

And you have Toolies like sue and vegas roaming the place.......

Thanks for all your advice. The Sunshine Coast may be a better option for that time of year. The problem is that my boys want to go to all the Theme Parks & they seem closer to the Gold Coast.
We will be flying up from Canberra & don't want to have to rent a car the whole time we are there!

Not to mention that they jack the price up for Schoolies weeks.

And you have Toolies like sue and vegas roaming the place.......
hahahahahah

my tip would be avoid surfers as far as accomdation is concerned and try southport or broadbeach or perhaps even further south.

Mata theres nothing wrong with hitting the clubs and checking out the fresh meat schoolies time :blaugh:

Thanks Cliffy - we are looking North or South of Surfers as we don't need to be at Party Central. My kids will probably just spend their time in a pool or at the beach (apart from me spending my $ at the theme parks...)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2