Going to Vegas

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On another note. How crap is this?

latrell looks like he's taking a crap. Tuilagi might not even be with us come next year. Ezra mam? Really. Pretty boy Walsh should be representing the Donkeys and just to top it off the forward from the rooters who I know but can't remember his name.
Lots of diversity in the pic as well.

How about Latrell, Tommy, Walsh and JWH( I know he's suspended) to add the **** you element.
View attachment 24842
I agree that CT is not the person to be putting there representing Manly. I reckon some action shots might have been more appealing. People flying through the air, big hits etc etc.

T
I am surprised that Canberra wasn't one of the teams that put their hand up given where they will be playing is the home of the NFL's Las Vegas Raiders. You have already got a fan base that is already nuts for "football".
They'll probably be one of the next clubs to go.

Playing on a NFL field with reduced width. When the Kangaroos did that a while back they successfully spent the game shooting grubbers into touch at every kickoff and dropout to get possession. A fairly weak tactic imo to use to beat a team like the USA in a game meant to advertise the code, but anyway that's beside the point.

Watch this link to Kangaroos kickoff

Playing on a NFL field with reduced width. When the Kangaroos did that a while back they successfully spent the game shooting grubbers into touch at every kickoff and dropout to get possession. A fairly weak tactic imo to use to beat a team like the USA in a game meant to advertise the code, but anyway that's beside the point.

Watch this link to Kangaroos kickoff

I may have missed this point earlier but will the game be on a full-size pitch? No way they should even entertain the idea of an NFL-sized field.

Th
I may have missed this point earlier but will the game be on a full-size pitch? No way they should even entertain the idea of an NFL-sized field.
They have already advised that it will a decent reduction in field size.

The dimensions of Allegiant Stadium means the field will be almost 800 square metres smaller than those at the likes of Accor Stadium, Allianz Stadium, Suncorp Stadium and AAMI Park. Instead of having 68 metres from sideline to sideline, there will be only 63 metres.

Th

They have already advised that it will a decent reduction in field size.

The dimensions of Allegiant Stadium means the field will be almost 800 square metres smaller than those at the likes of Accor Stadium, Allianz Stadium, Suncorp Stadium and AAMI Park. Instead of having 68 metres from sideline to sideline, there will be only 63 metres.
this is really silly.

Today's game is so Defence orientated that taking 5m away from the attack may really hurt the product.

All of a sudden all the amazing sweeping plays will dry up and it will be 80 min of bash up.

How long will the injury list get after they play their games on an NFL surface. I believe they are made of synthetic are they not, like a cricket pitch. Correct me if I wrong. Astroturf.

There would be no way I would risk playing Turbo on such a surface.

How long will the injury list get after they play their games on an NFL surface. I believe they are made of synthetic are they not, like a cricket pitch. Correct me if I wrong. Astroturf.

There would be no way I would risk playing Turbo on such a surface.
Actually their surface is state of art, can have both natural turf and synthetic. It's roll out so they will be playing on natural couch turf.
Unless they fk it up and put the wrong field in play, then OUCH !

Actually their surface is state of art, can have both natural turf and synthetic. It's roll out so they will be playing on natural couch turf.
Unless they fk it up and put the wrong field in play, then OUCH !
I read that they use both turf and natural grass...it depends on the stadium.
If they are playing at Allegiant stadium, they have both types of surfaces.

I read that they use both turf and natural grass...it depends on the stadium.
If they are playing at Allegiant stadium, they have both types of surfaces.
Artificial surface is always evolving.
I hadnt seen or felt it in 15 years ,but this year I stood out on a canadian Football field (Calgary Stampeders) and it was amazing.
Felt so real ,so many layers up close .And I bet the American NFL fields would be even 1000 x better.

this is really silly.

Today's game is so Defence orientated that taking 5m away from the attack may really hurt the product.

All of a sudden all the amazing sweeping plays will dry up and it will be 80 min of bash up.
Looking at photos of the field, it looks like they have room to widen if they can do it.

I have no doubt it isn't a coincidence the marketing geniuses have gone with the exotic, intimidating, indigenous look, to help promote fear, excitement, the unknown and peak American curiosity. NRL trying to come off as a more brutal spectacle than their football, so it is being assumed that US audiences would look at Tommy, DCE, Murray, Cook, Munster, Grant, Keary, Tedesco etc as less striking/exciting. You just can't ignore the racist undertones, but have to chuckle at corporate think tanks

Last edited:
Artificial surface is always evolving.
I hadnt seen or felt it in 15 years ,but this year I stood out on a canadian Football field (Calgary Stampeders) and it was amazing.
Felt so real ,so many layers up close .And I bet the American NFL fields would be even 1000 x better.

I saw the Socceroos played Mexico in Dallas, at the Cowboys AT&T stadium. Completely different sports I know but they weren't happy.
Locked article but you get the picture.

Playing exhibition matches in other parts of the world is nothing new by high profile sports , can ' t see too much wrong with this exercise .
In terms of promoting the game , no doubt most of the R L activity or comps are still based more on the U S east coast but obviously and for a while now , U S sporting audiences in general have the opportunity to watch League games on their various T V networks .
Would continue to be a heap of home based athletic type sportsmen there who could be suited to doing quite well in League with the right opportunities but still in the limited situation no doubt .
Then the number of prominent League types who are already making their mark for instance in Gridiron there or have attempted to .
Sure that the head body has done some form of proper due diligence on the matter , something different , certainly a different type of experience for the sides and associated team officials going over there .
Just have to wait and see how well it may or may not go and whether it can become a repeated event .
Not too sure how the A F L went with their China games experiment , just vaguely remember Manly playing an exhibition game in Japan after the 1996 season . Something different again and just have to see if this can be a success all round and whatever benefit it can manage .

Playing exhibition matches in other parts of the world is nothing new by high profile sports , can ' t see too much wrong with this exercise .
In terms of promoting the game , no doubt most of the R L activity or comps are still based more on the U S east coast but obviously and for a while now , U S sporting audiences in general have the opportunity to watch League games on their various T V networks .
Would continue to be a heap of home based athletic type sportsmen there who could be suited to doing quite well in League with the right opportunities but still in the limited situation no doubt .
Then the number of prominent League types who are already making their mark for instance in Gridiron there or have attempted to .
Sure that the head body has done some form of proper due diligence on the matter , something different , certainly a different type of experience for the sides and associated team officials going over there .
Just have to wait and see how well it may or may not go and whether it can become a repeated event .
Not too sure how the A F L went with their China games experiment , just vaguely remember Manly playing an exhibition game in Japan after the 1996 season . Something different again and just have to see if this can be a success all round and whatever benefit it can manage .
it's only a benefit if the product shown is good. Im all for taking on Vegas or anywhere else 100% however if we end up playing on a smaller field that ruins the spectacle then it's all for Nauot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8