God's Country

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lived in dee why most of my life was always a ghetto and now its even more populated ghetto. A bit more polished now i will admit but as the saying goes Polished turd ect ect. Living in Forestville now and i must say one of the most underrated suburbs. Such a beautiful place.
And yes i have been to dee why lately where else would i get my kebabs from??

Mate living the forest part of the beaches is fantastic. Short drive to the beach, away from the scummy parts, nice and quiet.

DY does have Kebab World and Girdlers Grind though!

In God's Country, a couple of whales breaching at DY as I drink my coffee this morning :angel:

Followed by a mighty Manly victory tonight! :)

Totally disagree about the negative DY posts.
Have had the joy of living on the Lagoon reserve side for 21 years and it is a glorious haven.
The beach walk, the dolphins and whales, the amazing surf, the walk to Long Reef Headland, the great quality Restaurants and the many friendly locals make DY :heart:
http://www.gusha.com.au/Photos/Australia/New%20South%20Wales/Sydney/Northern%20Beaches/Dee%20Why%20Beach/SYD0884/Standard

Lifestyle has always been a big draw card for the club but then again some people enjoy Panthers Club on the banks of the Nepean or Ambervale Inn on a saturday night , each to their own.

yes, the northern beaches are beautiful. Looks like that stretch as you head towards the gold coast from coolangatta

It is indeed beautiful.
I live in Brookvale and enjoy nothing more than a stroll down Mitchell road on my way to Chardy.

Truly awe inspiring.

Duff said:
It is indeed beautiful.
I live in Brookvale and enjoy nothing more than a stroll down Mitchell road on my way to Chardy.

Truly awe inspiring.

Brilliant sir brilliant. Number 18 by any chance??

Blake said:
I went up to west head lookout last weekend. I've been up there plenty of times in my life but that views takes my breath away every time I see it.
Sunrise at West head is a view that's hard to beat. I used to ride my bike up there in the early morning years ago. Just beautiful.

WHY DON'T YOU ALL SHUTUP!!!!!

cjNlSo6.jpg

Phantar said:
Kevinward777 said:
I had never really understood the Northern Beaches always being referred to as God's Country. I mean Manly's nice and Brookvale seemed okay, but I live in the Blue Mountains and thought the tag was a tad overated. However last week I worked on site at the Anzac Village on Veterans Parade in Collaroy. I took one look out from the third floor balcony and I saw the light. F$$kin wow!

My mum lives there in Cutler Village. she has a nice view out across Narrabeen Lakes towards Turrimetta.

Both of my grandparents on my father's side died there but back in the days when it was just called the War Veterans Nursing Home & Retirement Village. :-/

Jethro said:
Phantar said:
Kevinward777 said:
I had never really understood the Northern Beaches always being referred to as God's Country. I mean Manly's nice and Brookvale seemed okay, but I live in the Blue Mountains and thought the tag was a tad overated. However last week I worked on site at the Anzac Village on Veterans Parade in Collaroy. I took one look out from the third floor balcony and I saw the light. F$$kin wow!

My mum lives there in Cutler Village. she has a nice view out across Narrabeen Lakes towards Turrimetta.

Both of my grandparents on my father's side died there but back in the days when it was just called the War Veterans Nursing Home & Retirement Village. :-/
It's changed a lot no doubt. They now have one building there that's about 5 or 6 stories high. Col Crawford has a penthouse on the top floor of the building that Kevin may been referring to. He was in the Navy at the end of the War.

If you're game, you head north over the Harbour Bridge.... towards God's Country.
If you're really game, you cross the Spit Bridge to get into God's country.

If you're really, really game, you pass the Bilgola Bends to see where God lives!

I don't know if I'm game enough to pass Bilgola bends. Something lives there, I didn't know it was god.
I thought god lived in the old groundskeepers shack at the north end of Brookie oval.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4