Goals for 2006

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Based on the gains of 2005 I think these are realistic:

To further improve defensive record to less than 500 points in the season. To be able to defend consecutive sets without conceding soft tries. To make it hard for teams to ruck it out from their line.

To defend the kick more effectively by supporting the ball taker and more effective positioning. To concede many fewer tries to the chip behind the line.

To develop a more expansive attacking game in order to make better use of our speed out wide and to be a threat outside the opposition quarter.

To win six of our away games - instead of 3. (First game, last game and one other in the middle)

To win 75% of our games at Brookie.

To improve on our power game with a dominant rotation of props.

To benefit from effective offloads and second phase play, other than relying on BK to Stuart. To improve the skill level of our forwards.

To use second man plays and dummy runners/inside passes in an attempt to confuse the opposition rather than easy settles and hit ups. To use Beaver, Choc and Stuart running wide and picking up quality ball from inside men.

To switch the point of attack away from the ruck and be less predictable.

To develop an effective kicking game.

To contest 50% of possession in most halves of football, cutting down errors and silly mistakes.

To cut out the constant fighting with refs/sledging and play footy.

Minimise penalties and win the penalty counts in 70% of games.

I could go on but these would be part of my aims for next season. All we need to do now is find some players who can actually do it.

2 changes.

We should still aim for a 100% record at brookie and the defence needs to aim for less than 400 points scored against us.

Another good one would be, put a record win on instead of record loss!

Unless Dessie is going for the 3-peat :)

Great work CW.

(All goals need to be as quantifiable as possible).

I agree - Defensively @ < 500 pts is a good goal. Only 4 teams (eels, storm, broncos & rorters) have achieved that this year.

Kicks in play.
85% of kicks from within own half not to be taken on the full by the opposition.
85% of kicks in opposition half not to go over the deadball line.
50% of bombs to result in repossession.
80% of opposition bombs to result in gaining possession.

Top 6 finish.

For & against > +100 pts

Full completion rate of sets > 80%

$200 fine for every penalty conceded (unless as a professional foul to stop a try)

75+% win @ brookie + 6 away = 15 wins. I would be happy with 14 but 15 should be the goal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4