Goal kicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Lyon is kicking at 64% this year. Previous he is going around 80%. Dead set he must have hit the posts more than any other I can remember.
Should we look at giving the duties back to DCE or someone else to give Lyon a rest from it? I'd like to see him going better but he is not missing badly and the question is: is his replacement kicker better?

stoodamire said:
DCE 28/46 (60.87%)

I'd stick with Lyon. Although I wouldn't complain if Lyon slotted a few more.

That's the reason that Killer took over the goal kicking duties from DCE and now Killer is suffering from the same problem. He just doesn't seem to have much luck kicking goals from the sideline.

Who else do we have in our team who can kick goals other than DCE, Killer and Matai?

The conversions from the side line are a legacy of our style of play.

We burn most teams on the flanks due to Lyon and Matai brilliance, which results in plenty of try's scored out wide.

I am more than happy with JL kicking, he is hitting them super.

This could come back and bite us in the arse. 6 more points would of been handy.

Matai was a handy goal kicker he used to put them over from the sideline with ease.

stoodamire said:
DCE 28/46 (60.87%)

I'd stick with Lyon. Although I wouldn't complain if Lyon slotted a few more.

DCE is a lot more settled now then when he came in and would maybe handle it better now.

Bob's correct, it's a product of the sweeping plays. I know six is better than four, but were doing OK. Our for and against is good, so stop the worrying.

Killer will never go down as one of the NRL sharp shooters. He's handy enough, but in tight games it'd be nice to have someone who is slotting them at over 80%. Goal kicking has already cost us one match this year, which is a little unfortunate.

Still he makes up for missed goals by saving points with his defence and setting up and/or scoring tries in attack, so we can't really complain. Until someone better comes along we just have to wear it..... or score closer to the posts.

This same question has come up in the last few years whenever Jamie has had an off game with the boot. And the consensus has always been that Jamie is the best we have and there's no need to change things. He's doing an admirable job and should stick with it. Most of his misses have been from close to the sidelines which are difficult for the best of them.

I have raised doubts in the past about Lyon's ability from out wide. I generally got howled down each time. I still maintain that I have no confidence whenever he lines one up from out there. Each one he lands from there is a bonus. Good kickers from other clubs seem to have a better success rate. It would be interesting to see the stats from all kickers within 5-10 meters of the sideline.

Having said that I'm not sure there is anyone more qualified at the club. DCE would have to be our next option.

Rodo said:
Most of his misses have been from close to the sidelines which are difficult for the best of them.
If that makes it harder for a, b, and c to get near them, all the better I say.

As Manlyfan76 said, it's not like he ever has a shocker, the misses aren't by much.
Maybe a way to get more from the sideline is to give a non-regular kicker a go as they always seem to land them!

He has two weeks now to give the old kicking leg a good work out. I hope he improves so it doesn't cost us in a close contest.

I actually rate him as a goal kicker and aside from the Titans game I can't remember him letting us down. In fact I think he thrives when the pressure is on and he has always slotted the over in the big end of season games.

Sheikheagle said:
I actually rate him as a goal kicker and aside from the Titans game I can't remember him letting us down. In fact I think he thrives when the pressure is on and he has always slotted the over in the big end of season games.

He was pretty accurate when he took over the goal kicking from DCE but last year and this year, I don't think that he has a good record for kicking them from close to the sidelines and I wish that in some cases that the try scorer would try to promote the ball closer to the posts if they could to give him a better chance.

MATAI should be given goal kicking.. never seen him miss and drills them from sideline... thinking back to tigers game in Gosford a few years back, was very impressed how easy it seemed to be for him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6