• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really hope Gifty is right for next week. I don't think there was much to it, and he has a pretty clean record, with the exception of the Manly v Melbourne 2011 game.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

How tough is he!!! After that hit in the first tackle of the game I thought he was gone for sure. He must have had some serious doubts going through his head at the time. He looked to be in a massive amount of trouble. 60 seconds later he's up & running around. Unbelievable amount of toughness shown.

g'day all,As i mentioned in another thread why he came in on moa who was covered leaving williams to offload to maloney cost us as much as any other poor decision by ref or player.I know its sacrilege to criticise him to many on here but for a player of his experience it was a poor read and apart from the odd moment typified a pretty poor year by him and in my opinion he was far inferior to horo,symonds or buhrer and with some young talent as well in the mix for next year his position as much as anyones should be under pressure,
cheers mike

mike walker said:
g'day all,As i mentioned in another thread why he came in on moa who was covered leaving williams to offload to maloney cost us as much as any other poor decision by ref or player.I know its sacrilege to criticise him to many on here but for a player of his experience it was a poor read and apart from the odd moment typified a pretty poor year by him and in my opinion he was far inferior to horo,symonds or buhrer and with some young talent as well in the mix for next year his position as much as anyones should be under pressure,
cheers mike

You mention Horo, yet he let Guerra in for a much softer try, why no criticism of that?
As good as Horo and Symonds have been, Gift and Choc will again be the first two forwards chosen wach week next year.

bones said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike

You mention Horo, yet he let Guerra in for a much softer try, why no criticism of that?
As good as Horo and Symonds have been, Gift and Choc will again be the first two forwards chosen wach week next year.
g'day all,Well bones i don't suggest that wasn't a bad decision either although with two players swooping out the back and your defence shot to pieces 10 metres from your tryline unless you're lucky and guess right you're going to look silly.Anyway rather than pointing the finger at anyone i merely make the point that it was as critical a decision as any in the match.
cheers mike

mike walker said:
bones said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike

g'day all,Well bones i don't suggest that wasn't a bad decision either although with two players swooping out the back and your defence shot to pieces 10 metres from your tryline unless you're lucky and guess right you're going to look silly.Anyway rather than pointing the finger at anyone i merely make the point that it was as critical a decision as any in the match.
cheers mike

In other words, rather than point the finger at Horo, lets point it at Glenn because that suits your agenda better.

bones said:
mike walker said:
bones said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike

cheers mike

In other words, rather than point the finger at Horo, lets point it at Glenn because that suits my agenda better.
Sounds ok to me but what is your agenda?
This whole time I've been blaming King and Joe for pushing their bodies past breaking point.

manlyfan76 said:
bones said:
mike walker said:
bones said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike

cheers mike

In other words, rather than point the finger at Horo, lets point it at Glenn because that suits my agenda better.
Sounds ok to me but what is your agenda?
This whole time I've been blaming King and Joe for pushing their bodies past breaking point.

Oops. Fixed :p

bones said:
mike walker said:
bones said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike

cheers mike

In other words, rather than point the finger at Horo, lets point it at Glenn because that suits your agenda better.
g'day all,No particular agenda bones just making an observation that i noticed and believe, just as others have suggested we should hang the wolfman,or that keirans knock on or horos misread or the numerous refereeing errors were critical moments in the match.As to whether one was more critical than another i guess is subjective,and as much as we would like to solely blame ref incompetence for our defeat i maintain that we still could have overcome that but for some errors by our players.Thats the reality as i see it and while i may point out particular points i might also say that though i am disappointed by the result i thought that overall it was a tremendous effort by our team.
cheers mike

mike walker said:
bones said:
mike walker said:
bones said:
mike walker said:
cheers mike

cheers mike

g'day all,No particular agenda bones just making an observation that i noticed and believe, just as others have suggested we should hang the wolfman,or that keirans knock on or horos misread or the numerous refereeing errors were critical moments in the match.As to whether one was more critical than another i guess is subjective,and as much as we would like to solely blame ref incompetence for our defeat i maintain that we still could have overcome that but for some errors by our players.Thats the reality as i see it and while i may point out particular points i might also say that though i am disappointed by the result i thought that overall it was a tremendous effort by our team.
cheers mike

Fair enough. Glenn Stewart is a champion though and it would be not only dangerous, but foolish to move him on.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2