Glenn Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lamph1

Don't get me wrong here, I'm a massive fan of Glenn and the things he has helped the club achieve.
I do wonder tho, since his the return the right side looks a little disjointed. My point is, when tom symonds was in on that side, he just plays the ballrunner allowing DCE full control off the edge of the ruck.
I'd love to see Glenn in the middle during chocs origin absence, even if it's only temporary it could be a good spark for him.

The problem with Glenn is he's carrying about five extra kilos in my opinion. That's why he's missing a few tackles and crabbing across the park. Gets a little tired throughout the game. All he needs is match fitness.

Glenn has crabbed a Ross the field for years now, Tom symonds ran the line a d hit gaps at speed, gift doesn't do that.

Two completely different style of locks

- Gifty -> ball playing lock (like Anasta, only a decent ball player)
- Tom Symonds, tight in angle and ball runner, more like Beaver off of Lyons.

bennyeagle said:
Glenn has crabbed a Ross the field for years now, Tom symonds ran the line a d hit gaps at speed, gift doesn't do that.

Windshuttle?

I thought at times in the Souths game the players were a little guilty of expecting too much from Gift. They seemed to throw him the ball expecting him to create something. The Dragons game was much better but Glenn needs some match fitness to catch up to the pack (excuse the pun).

I'd be happy if he ran straight and hard at least a few times early in each half, pick a small player to run at and go! Sideways and slow balls to Lyon are ok occasionally but not every time. Run back on the angle and have DCE pop up on his outside to put a play on with Lyon/Wolf.

manlyfan76 said:
I'd be happy if he ran straight and hard at least a few times early in each half, pick a small player to run at and go! Sideways and slow balls to Lyon are ok occasionally but not every time. Run back on the angle and have DCE pop up on his outside to put a play on with Lyon/Wolf.

every team knows and expects the slow balls to Lyon and they have it very easily covered, need to change it up

Central Coast Eagle said:
I think in the Dragons game Gift did a much better job of balancing when to run hard and when to be a ball player.

Agreed. Gift will go up another notch this Monday night.

Never doubt a champion :D

I'd like to see gifty put on another 5>10 kegs and go to the front row....Gallen style.

He is too busy polishing his Clive Churchill Medal to read the undeserved criticism being thrown about after two games back on here.

No criticism from me, but I think he needs to start taking it to the line a bit more frequently to leave the opposition in doubt. He very rarely takes the hit up now, which means we're essentially playing with one fewer forward.

Clint said:
bennyeagle said:

Windshuttle?
aka sooty a good player in his day wonder where he is ? the last time I saw him was at the goldcoast 20 years ago

MWSE said:
He is too busy polishing his Clive Churchill Medal to read the undeserved criticism being thrown about after two games back on here.

People are not being critical of his performances but are becoming more educated in the intricacies of style, structure and how it affects the overall attack.

Glenn is not really doing much different to what he has been doing for many years(not including his more sharp playing in his early years) and he will still be a handful against most defences. It's a tired structure that technically has many flaws and will struggle more and more to make an impact in attack.

The old days it was good enough to be slow and make it up with ball playing now you have to be mobile and sharp so you are a danger with the ball at the line or ballplaying.

I've been critical for years and when i first mentioned his issues not one person agreed with me so i'm not judging his performances based on his two games back that would be disrespectful to one of our finest forwards.

Oh can we drop the use of "prop, lock" etc we have forwards and backs with a little size difference for "front rowers and back rowers".

Very true T.C the forward rotation is just player on/player off not prop for prop. Lawerence plays much like a 2nc rower with his speed and line breaks. And would people say Joe is a prop or 2nd rower?

Glenn is a great player and he will step up in the next few weeks. Yes, obviously too much side ways crabbing is an issue but the staff will be watching this and working on different structures. He is a former test rep and will get going soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6