Glenn Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So effectively 60 odd points.

Tbh Glenn didn't throw a punch in the first fight he went in to break it up and came out in a hug.

Second fight sure but first one he had no right being sent for 10

Daniel said:

Tbh Glenn didn't throw a punch in the first fight he went in to break it up and came out in a hug.

If commonsense prevails Gavin Badger should be dropped for dobbing Glenn into Hayne for something he never done, and should not of been sin binned in the first place.

Glenn was bemused to of been sin binned in the first place, wrongly accused and wrongly convicted.

I also dont get why others are going off about Brett, he did nothing more than Foran and co.

bob dylan said:
I cant see why he would even get suspended.

But Gallop will stick his nose in.

I blame the refs that punch up, caused by their stupidity in my opinion. If they had waited 15 more seconds before sending Blair there is no blow up.

Fair dinkum?

You cannot blame the refs for that one! they gave G.stewart plentyof time to get off the field before Blair followed.

G.Stewart waited and Blair obliged. Good stuff.

They both missed.

Bob Fulton and Steve Roach agreed with my opinion today so excuse me if I go with them over you and Fro.

Fulton directly blamed Bill Harrigan, which is pretty much 100% correct for the reasons he explained.

I will stick with the no suspension for Glenn because he was sin binned in error by Hayne because Badger made incorrect accusations about his initial involvement. I know this wont happen but it should.

If Blair didn't catch up to Glenn.... (And he certainly could have simply pulled up a few yards short) and then kept his mouth shut, the second fight never happens. Simple.

It could have been COMPLETELY avoided if Blair had simply followed him off.

Of course, Glenn need not have responded to whatever he said.... I know I would have reacted the same way!

Given the news reports etc, the NRL will most definitely make an example of the players involved.... And you can bet your ass they will enjoy rubbing out some of Manly's strongest assets. Storm may well lose a few, but I doubt it will have the same impact as losing Snake, Gift and Lussick.

I just hope we can get them back for the second week of the finals...

bob dylan said:
Daniel said:

If commonsense prevails Gavin Badger should be dropped for dobbing Glenn into Hayne for something he never done, and should not of been sin binned in the first place.

Glenn was bemused to of been sin binned in the first place, wrongly accused and wrongly convicted.

I also dont get why others are going off about Brett, he did nothing more than Foran and co.
Having watched it several times, these are exactly my thoughts. Glenn only went in to help stop it and was wrongly accused by Badger. Not only should he have not been sin binned, but he should not have been sin binned FIRST as Blair 'transgressed' with the upper cuts before him. Badger should be punished for incorrect dobbing and Glenn should (but probably won't) be given dispensation for incorrect sin binning.

Yes, I also can't see what the drama's about with Brett, he didn't connect with his leg and he was no worse than anyone else.

But,if you're convicted of a crime,are incarcerated,and are awaiting an appeal,and kill someone while you are in jail,you don't get off the murder charge because you shouldn't have been there in the first place.Basically,saying Glenn shouldn't have even been in the 2nd fight,because he was incorrectly adjudged in the first,does not exonerate him!

Not saying Glenn should be exonerated - Badger should be punished (dropped) and Glenn should still be punished for the 2nd brawl but have a lesser penalty for incorrect accusation for 1st brawl.

ayjay007 said:
But,if you're convicted of a crime,are incarcerated,and are awaiting an appeal,and kill someone while you are in jail,you don't get off the murder charge because you shouldn't have been there in the first place.Basically,saying Glenn shouldn't have even been in the 2nd fight,because he was incorrectly adjudged in the first,does not exonerate him!

We don't need words of wisdom like this, the longer we stay in the dark and uneducated the better. Wait! Am i on Blair' side, or Glenn's ? Hold on a sec, i forgot where we were.

TokyoEagle said:
ayjay007 said:

We don't need words of wisdom like this, the longer we stay in the dark and uneducated the better. Wait! Am i on Blair' side, or Glenn's ? Hold on a sec, i forgot where we were.

Well,I know where I am!I'm on a FORUM,where I can have an opinion,or challenge another opinion.Wisdom/not wisdom-who knows?It's my take on things!

KE, doubt Kaspersky, Penn, Des and co are joining in with you this morning with applause after the aftermath of what is going to happen. :dodgy:
There goes our season with multiple suspensions! All that effort, training and money down the gurgler because of the few moments of madness. The way we played showed we were very close to winning 2011!

Anyone who seriously thinks the Glen does not have some serious questions to answer from management is kidding themselves.Regardless of the bull**** suspensions etc to come up with crap like this in week 25 two years in a row is absolutely ridiculous.As said above ask the coach,sponsors and owners what they think.

We can all get caught up in an orgy of self congratulation when one of our blokes gets it on with the enemy but in the cold light of day everyone loses.As sad as it is we all know what a bull**** nanny state we live in and to tempt fate 2 years in a roow is a big mistake.

No winners out of this except Broncos,Tigers and co.

Rumor is that Adam Blair told Glenn Stewart that his brother is a 'rapist'. Bringing the game into disrepute? Dirty dog PURPOSEFULLY caught up to Glenn on way to bin to get in his face.

Hope the jnr ref that reported Glenn for next-man-in throwing punches actually did see him throw a punch, cuz it sounds like he didnt - that really SUCKS.

And yea, Glenn needed to show restraint regardless.
Easier said than done with adrenaline coursing through you.

susan said:
Anyone who seriously thinks the Glen does not have some serious questions to answer from management is kidding themselves.Regardless of the bull**** suspensions etc to come up with crap like this in week 25 two years in a row is absolutely ridiculous.As said above ask the coach,sponsors and owners what they think.

We can all get caught up in an orgy of self congratulation when one of our blokes gets it on with the enemy but in the cold light of day everyone loses.As sad as it is we all know what a bull**** nanny state we live in and to tempt fate 2 years in a roow is a big mistake.

No winners out of this except Broncos,Tigers and co.

Mate you have made 500 comments all the same in nearly every thread. Take a breath-ffs

Geez Susan u haven't missed Gifty! He got sin binned for no reason- he didn't throw any punches just grabbed that grub Blair who had just whacked our rookie prop.
Then Blair gets in his face and grabs him. What the fuk do you want him 2 do? Blair was the antagonist on both occasions not Gifty.
Why don't you get off your high horse, and stop giving it to Gifty! What happened Friday has nothing to do with Gallop, don't know how uv come up with that .

As far as I can see Glen was guilty of throwing the first punch in the second fight, and in essence starting the second all in brawl.

The fact that Blair had baited him won't be a legal defence.

In the first brawl he's in pulling players away and then becomes tangled up with Blair, I am not even sure why it was Glen and perhaps not Darcy who should have been sin binned in the first instance.

Anyway regardless he's about to be crucified by the NRL and will play no further part in our 2011 season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6