Glenn Stewart/Jarryd Hayne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where’s the usual warning from staff about being personally liable for anything written here ? I said the NRL runs a corrupt competition and get warned and shouted down - it seems calling Greenberg every name under the sun is ok .
I believe I am still “on staff” though I have not been here much recently. Why do you think you are so important and worthy of our attention?

Good to see Kent has the balls to call it as we all see it and not be a NRL puppet!! It appears everybody is sick of the NRL applying rules inconsistently. Enough is Enough it’s time for consistency and a real rather than illusionary level playing field! The NRL have a lot of explaining to do and arrogantly thinking they can do whatever they like will ultimately be their demise unless they kill off the game first.

I hate to burst your bubble GE but i really dont see Kent as the type of journo who goes through message boards looking for scoops. He is intelligent and has enough contacts in league not to need the thoughts of us here...

We all know he has had beef with Hayne this year so me thinks he would have been analyzing this move closely and looking for anything close to morally wrong with it.

It was a nice post yesterday though, i give you that!

Its not about impressions Frank. Its about the value set on a player. The NRL have played favourites...again
Sure. And in my opinion Hayne isn't worth $600K.

I guess his value is hard to gauge since he didn't go out to an open market. But again, I don't think he's worth 600K.

Sure. And in my opinion Hayne isn't worth $600K.

I guess his value is hard to gauge since he didn't go out to an open market. But again, I don't think he's worth 600K.

Frank. Its not a question of what you or I consider Hayne is worth. Was Glenn Stewart a couple of year ago (given value increase though cap) worth a somewhat similar figure to the 500,000 on Hayne? It doesnt matter what we assess his worth. Its what his market value had been and he was coming off a $1000000 plus per year contract. That's where the disparity lies

I used to have zero time for Kent and I swear going back 5 or 6 years he had a massive axe to grind with us......but I started to change several years back, not just because of this article. He is one of the few who calls people out as he sees it. He'll take a shot at anyone.

I'm generally the last person to go along with the hysteria of the " NRL has agenda blah blah blah " but the more that you see with Greenburg and the way Parramatta is treated as opposed to the way we or others are treated, it's getting harder and harder to argue. Even that salary cap "penalty" the Eels got was as soft as butter.

And not accepting Manly's Mitchell Pearce pre contract agreement etc for god knows why...then allowing this Hayne thing. FFS.

Frank. Its not a question of what you or I consider Hayne is worth. Was Glenn Stewart a couple of year ago (given value increase though cap) worth a somewhat similar figure to the 500,000 on Hayne? It doesnt matter what we assess his worth. Its what his market value had been and he was coming off a $1000000 plus per year contract. That's where the disparity lies
I understand exactly where you're coming from. Hayne is giving up a 1.2m contract. Do you think if the Titans were renegotiating with him that they would offer him 1.2m? I think the Titans are happy to be rid of him and reclaim that cap space. Like I said, it's hard to determine his "real" value unless it's tested on the open market. It may be more than what he's signed to the Eels for but I can't imagine it would be anywhere near the 1.2m he is giving up.

Great grab from Paul Kent’s piece in tomorrow’s paper. Shows the NRL’s inconsistency until they are called on it.

Late in the 2016 season Manly’s Bob Fulton tried to sign Frank Winterstein but was told, sorry, it was after the June 30 deadline.

Then in August 2016 Hayne announced he was returning to league. The NRL gladly ushered him in.

Fulton picked up the phone to headquarters.

“Send in the paperwork again,” he was told. At least they had the courtesy to blush.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6