Glenn Stewart Jack Wighton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
major difference is the quality of CEO at the time. Really poor management .

jarrad hayne was lured back to the titans by the CEO, if my memory serves for mega bucks, was almost the biggest star in the game before NFL and then signs for the eels at half price next season

se can not underestimate the negative impact the game suffered while they were part of it
On Hayne being lured back to the Titans (on a $1m contract I recall) - I’m pretty sure that was when the Titans were in receivership & being propped up financially by the NRL, so it really was scandalous, what Greenberg did there.

Might be different if the Raiders were set to resign him at a hefty discount, given his off to another club for less and it’s his choice, can’t see the similarities to GS.

Sound move for South’s, only issue I can see for Jack, he may be a season too late and might have to be part of a back to back effort to get that premiership victory. Can you imagine Whighton in last nights side, he would add nothing right!
I think Ezra Mam's defence and extra threat when Reynolds over played those Harbour bridge balls, and his combination with Walsh,

And the Avocado of Hurt running all night and making Cook and Murray a little less potent in attack brings the Vermin back a bit, but they do look good.

Theyve managed to fill a squad full of footballers and not athletes which the better teams are now.

Firstly,his contract is yet to be approved by the NRL.Secondly,his contract figure is based purely on speculation at this point and we don’t know the finer details and there is rumours his contract increases each year.Thirdly,just because the Raiders were offering ridiculous overs for Wighton,doesn’t mean other clubs have to blindly match that offer.$1.1 million a yr for Wighton is outrageous.The rumoured price Souths are paying seems about right for a 31 yr old who’ll play centre
As for the Glenn Stewart side of the argument,I’ll get back to you
And it’s difficult to use an example from nearly a decade ago, when the rules might have since changed.

What is the point of a salary cap if the clubs and players determine the value of the player. The whole foundation upon which the cap is based is completely undermined. The cap is now having the opposite effect to that it was intended if rich clubs can buy the best players for less than anybody else. It’s not rocket science and rhetoric does not change logic. Come on NRL wake up and do something about it and earn your money.

Id say the Turbos will be off to the Chooks any time soon if Wightons thought process is typical of the modern player.

Really who could blame them.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8