[Resurrected] Glen Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Has shown enough imo to stay in 1st grade this week,
51 tackles
3 miss tackles
13 runs for 61 metres
1 offload
1 error

i think he ads a little more spark than luke W IMO. just a bit more variation, ive noticed Des uses him as a bit of a ball player out wide sometimes to.

That's fine in theory, but he averaged less than 5 metres per hitup. That's not very impressive.

I'd still have him in the top 17, but want to see him develop his running game a lot more.

That's fine in theory, but he averaged less than 5 metres per hitup. That's not very impressive.

The question is what is it in comparison to Williamson's?

I think he has shown enough to suggets he should be in the Top 17.

[quote author=willstyles]

The question is what is it in comparison to Williamson's?

I think he has shown enough to suggets he should be in the Top 17.

[/quote]

I daresay they'd be very similar.

As an example, on Friday Willows stats were - 6 runs for 37 metres. So, averaging 6 metres a run that night, but he made half as many runs as Glenn, so that aids him a bit.

Against the storm Stewart averaged a little over 6 metres every run, and Willow about 6.2. Not a huge difference, especially when Glenn made more runs in that game as well.

I think Glenn provides more than enough foil for our full-strength backrow - and is a better player than Willow, who I believe should be in PL.

But it still doesn't hide the fact that Glenn is averaging 6 metres per game at best. He doesn't have any bite to his runs, and people say he is too small.....not sure what he can do about it - but either by bulking up more, or by changing the angles he runs or something, he needs to start making more metres to go along with the tackles if he is going to secure a spot in the top 17.

One other player that should be thought of imo with BK going is Cuthbo - he plays second row in PL and is more effective there running a bit wider - has good speed for his size. I think his niche is a willie mason style wider running game with a few prop style hitups, not as a prop

Based on the games he played in the top grade this year, Cuthbo needs a lot of work on his lateral defence. He was made to look very very slow by Dean Widders especially during the Eels game and has been caught other times as well.

It looks as if he has bulked up considerably recently, and perhaps his body is still adjusting to the new weight/size, and his mobility and speed might take a bit of time to come back. Hopefully by next year at least.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4