Glen Stewart not BOS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
This bloke is a proven key player for the Seaeagles & on Wed night showed he is right up there in elite company. I must confess early in his career i labelled him BOS (brother of Snake) but now he is simply Glen the Gift Stewart. Built like a keg on legs he has suprising strength & fitness, great vision & ball skills & an attribute really noticable is the sting in his defence - really dominates when he hits. His leadership qualities are as valuable to the Seaeagles 2011 premiership hopes as anyone.

To tell the truth when Manly were looking for a new Captain a few seasons ago I was one that was pushing his case on various forums

have to admit how well he stepped up. You can see the stuff with Brett really affected him and he is playing so well. Gees, he worked so hars in origin 3!! Backrow looks awesome with choc, glenn, joe, tony and now Rodney. And still Buhrer and Lussick waiting!!

eagles2win said:
To tell the truth when Manly were looking for a new Captain a few seasons ago I was one that was pushing his case on various forums

Likewise & I still believe he will wear the armband after Lyon leaves us (with Snake remaining VC).

He has been a key member of our team for so long now, it's hard imagining life without Gift.

A big fan, but I don't think he wasn't at his best at the start of this season. His last month though has been exceptional. If we get our good players firing then look out the rest of the comp.

Not to mention he is great bloke to talk to off field as well. Very grounded and has very close family ties which is a great attribute to have. Definitely a future leader of the club.

Wolfpack said:
eagles2win said:

Likewise & I still believe he will wear the armband after Lyon leaves us (with Snake remaining VC).

And wouldn't that be something to look forward to with the Stewart brothers co captains in 2012 or 2013!

And in my recent experience highly regarded by supporters of other teams. Often a player's attributes are 'downgraded' if he plays for MWSE.

B.F.O - Born for Origin and next year both of them should be playing for NSW. Gift and Snake at their best they are both state and test quality players and a huge part of this club.

mickqld said:
B.F.O - Born for Origin and next year both of them should be playing for NSW. Gift and Snake at their best they are both state and test quality players and a huge part of this club.

That'd be BOT BFO then mick

eagles2win said:

Totally agree has all the inspirational qualities required for Captain & Wolfpacks suggestion with Snake VC has merit also.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
MK Eagle said:
eagles2win said:

Totally agree has all the inspirational qualities required for Captain & Wolfpacks suggestion with Snake VC has merit also.

Can't agree. BOS or Gift is all pure personality - he speaks well, carries a conversation and is obviously a leader. Snake is a great player - one that fans admire and players adore. I know he's been captain on one occasion this year but I think he's more of a star player, not wearing the VC band.
Glenn's the Captain material!

true phantar, but sometimes we overrate on here, world's best 5/8 after a few games and robbo for Australian wing spot :D:dodgy:

Aaron Groom will be a superstar ;)
Darcy Lussick needs to score more tries:p

Digging all the Gifty love on the forums right now, so much respect for the big man.

He's like super BK without the diving.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8