Gift is in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess better having Gift than Gower, but hard game for Gift to come back in...i guess you don't wait with a player like Gift. Would rather see him come back against a softer side.

Seems like a fantasy - have a great pack of forwards, a sensational bench and then have to include arguably the best forward in the game!

Go Gifty!

team sheet up yet? i reckon he'll come off the bench, let the others go through the first 20 minute bash, then he'll probably play the rest. So who suffers most time wise? Horo or Symonds? Tough call, I think Symonds will be good bouncing off the big forwards possibly breaking the line, while horo would be more straight up the middle metres. will be interesting. A luxury many teams will be wishing they had!

He was in a lot of doubt for this game and was 50/50 a week ago

You and Jace must be heading this way in a few months to make things official

2 Stewarts on the field = good news for Manly. Rather a Stewie than a Burgess any day. Go Manly!

niccipops said:
2 Stewarts on the field = good news for Manly. Rather a Stewie than a Burgess any day. Go Manly!

Tom Symonds has proven a much more influential player tonight, I dare to say that Glen was very ordinary in attack tonight...

I say Tom to run on...

Jado said:
niccipops said:

Tom Symonds has proven a much more influential player tonight, I dare to say that Glen was very ordinary in attack tonight...

I say Tom to run on...

To the average observer in most games Glens ball playing is a positive and beautiful to watch----it will look great against average and sub standard defensive lines but against the top 3 or 4 defensive outfits it lacks sharpness it lacks hard tough running lines and does not commit the defensive line enough----it is so 2007 2008.

He plays too deep he lacks speed too much prodding dancing dummying and it increases our sideways movement allowing for easy defensive reads----this is why we kick in field a lot on that side of the field as a result of technical attacking flaws.

Great effort though to play 80mins but for years he has been playing overweight and should not have started.

You can talk all about needing and getting "match fitness" etc etc but that is crap, pre season is when you build your fitness levels and you don't need game time then. Match fitness is mental and physical toughness absorbing the week to week battle not weight issues.

Great player Gifty but the last two seasons he always gets us crabbing on the right and killer and wolf lack room.We do look better with Horo and Symonds straightening the attack off the halves.It was pretty obvious again tonight and Im sure Tooves will address it.

As per usual injuries and suspensions will cruel us while the scum trot the same 17 on each week. Saints away(which we never win for some reason and Roosters and Storm next. We need to get one out of three to stay in touch with top 2 which is so vital at end of year.

susan said:
Great player Gifty but the last two seasons he always gets us crabbing on the right and killer and wolf lack room.We do look better with Horo and Symonds straightening the attack off the halves.It was pretty obvious again tonight and Im sure Tooves will address it.

I was thinking the same thing but i did not want to post it on here right after the loss.

Maybe he should have come off the bench, maybe not. It didn't cost us the game though. Ill discipline cost us this one, not just the penalties and reports but the defensive lapses after half time and the poor options when tries were on.

Sheikheagle said:
Give him a break 1st game since October he will be better for the run

I think the comments are fair Sheik, it is not really about his performance or effort in the game it is about noticing the slowness and less direct nature of our attack with his style of play.

It is nothing personal and i admire the effort he put in tonight he was running on empty for most of the game but just toughed it out anyone else would have put their hand up to be replaced.

I've been knocked here for years for having this view on our attack so it is nothing new or just a knee jerk reaction to a loss.

62mins for a near international level team to score their first try is not good enough even against the best defensive outfits.

Glen is far too good a player not to learn from tonight.Even though he has been too sideways for a while it was so obvious tonight against a crackerjack defence that i''m sure it will change.

The fact it was so blatantly obvious may be a blessing for later in the season.Plenty of time to work on it.Players with his natural skill will adjust,he is not headless robot like many who can only play one way.

susan said:

As per usual injuries and suspensions will cruel us while the scum trot the same 17 on each week. Saints away(which we never win for some reason and Roosters and Storm next. We need to get one out of three to stay in touch with top 2 which is so vital at end of year.

Could be Melbourne play smarter not harder resulting in less injuries to key players....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2