Gift Horses

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Shouldn't look them in the mouth, but fair dinkum we were lucky to get away with that. Orford was very poor tonight, we had enough opportunity to score another 6 tries except he couldn't run a choko vine over a back fence let alone run an NRL attack in the opposition 20.

I hope Watmough was injured in the first half because his defence at times was diabolical. The God botherer made up for his early indiscretions with some good defence at the end. How come everyone was pointing at a short kickoff but no one thought to actually catch it. Not pretty but I'll take it.

On a final note, how does Joey get away with calling the touchy an "effin cee". It's his second offence this year of this nature. Simpkins was crap tonight and too gutless to put Johns in the bin or on report.

I am glad you thought Manly were ****e C&C. I didn't see it that way and it was a deserved win. Out-muscled Drugcastle in the forwards by a small margin and controlled the game better. For a team playing almost first time together with so many players coming back it was a gutsy effort with a stunning result in front of hugely parochial crowd. Outstanding win!!!

Watmough did his shoulder in and missed a few tackles after. I loved the scene of the trainer telling Willow "Go go go!" as soon as Watmough came off. Reminded me of being in the pits at car races.

But he was inspirational coming back on after Kennedy came off for the first time. Apparently, as soon as he saw he was injured, despite his own injury, he rushed back onto the match and did very well, including a try saver on Thaiday at the end.

Would I be right in saying we made only one error in the second half, and that when we were going for the try?

You might be right. Only 6 errors in total, great stuff in such a tight game. Whoever worked on that aspect of our game is a legend.

I am glad you thought Manly were ****e C&C. I didn't see it that way and it was a deserved win. Out-muscled Drugcastle in the forwards by a small margin and controlled the game better. For a team playing almost first time together with so many players coming back it was a gutsy effort with a stunning result in front of hugely patriochial crowd. Outstanding win!!!
I'm with you MB great win in enemy territiory. Anyone who blows up about the last minute controversy shoulld look at the incident where Gidley knoked over Matai and Carney took out Robo with a try beckoning and we did not even get a penalty let alone a penalty try.

I didn't say we were ****e, I just said we were fairly lucky to get away with a win.

Did anyone think Orford had a good game ??

Orford did some good things and some ordinary things as well. Hopefullly the team will grow from the experience. Much better teams have gone to Newcastle and lost in similar circumstances. We soaked up a lot of pressure and parts of our game were very good. It was semi final footy and we learned a bit - without BK for the second half. Can only help.

What? I thought Orford was awesome !!! He scored that solo try for example. He made crucial coverring tackles. He had a hand in almost all of our points. He kicked that sideline conversion to win us the game !!! Man...you guys are tough.

win away at newcasle against andrrew johns at a venue that is a hoodoo and all you can talk about is orford being poor.he scored a solo try that probably wins us the game in a match of extreme semi final intensity and thats your call.shutup is my call.last year we get beat by 20.wake up sunshine.

i thought we would get rolled with tentative players coming back.totally wrong.awsome efort from everyone.jason king was real good tonight and desreves credit..onwards and upwards.every chance we may be third in 48hrs.

get a life.enjoy it.

he was not a world beater but he was easily in my tip 5 him and burns worked very well together our halves were at least at semi final standard. That game showed me we have thr grit to get there this year

win away at newcasle against andrrew johns at a venue that is a hoodoo and all you can talk about is orford being poor.he scored a solo try that probably wins us the game in a match of extreme semi final intensity and thats your call.shutup is my call.last year we get beat by 20.wake up sunshine.

i thought we would get rolled with tentative players coming back.totally wrong.awsome efort from everyone.jason king was real good tonight and desreves credit..onwards and upwards.every chance we may be third in 48hrs.

get a life.enjoy it.

Dare I say the voice of reason. The atmosphere & pressure at the ground last night was intense, and it was directed one way. There were 25,000 there last night and 23,000 of those wanted nothing less than a fleet of ambulances to carry away 17 Manly bodies, plus the referee.

This was a game played between 3 & 4 and both sides were under pressure. As Ms Ridgepipe has so correctly pointed out ANY win at Newcastle is a great win, particulary when they take the field with the worlds greatest player.

I am not under the delusion that we played great football last night, far from it. But that win was probably our best win in over 2 years, not because of how we played but in the manner in which we won.

We played without BK for much of the second half when we only led by 2 points. If you were given that scenario before kickoff yesterday would you have put your hard earned on a Manly victory?

Manly played as a team, they played for each other & it was there for all to see in that last 5 minutes, if they were going to lose it was was not going to be due to a lack of committement & passion.

Stop trying to find the negatives when there are so many positives that came from this game.

Think about it. Who had a greater impact on the game, Orford or Johns? Orford- Through his solo try, sideline conversions, bombs to Thaiday and work to gain several repeat sets. This in itself speaks volumes about the the great, although not imperfect performance of Matt Orford. It seems Andrew Johns is developing the Fittler like habit of dissapearing when the chips are down. After being everywhere in the first 20 minutes hew went missing as Manly began to show promise, at a time when the great players supposedly stand up. I think commentators are kidding themselves if they think Johns is back to his best. Good game Orford, outplayed an albeit uninspiring Johns.

Erm,look at all of the heros coming out of the woodwork now to laud the team effort.

I didn't see them earlier in the week putting their head in the noose in the appropriately titled thread.

Erm,look at all of the heros coming out of the woodwork now to laud the team effort.

I didn't see them earlier in the week putting their head in the noose in the appropriately titled thread.

Seeing that you did not have the gonads to actually name any particular person I will reiterate my "negative" comments which I believe still hold true.

Our attack, within the 20m zone is poor and I commented that most top 4 teams will score at least 3 tries against I doubted we could score 4 tries to win a match against top 4 opposition.

Again on Friday night our attack within the 20m zone was unimpressive although we had a try from a kick disallowed by the video ref.

Our first try was from a midfield bomb (although it went horribly wrong off Orfords boot) Try 2 by Orford was a straight defensive miss by Thaiday and the third started by Travis Burns on about the 50m line.

Before I consider ourselves a geniune contender for this years title we need to be much more creative within the attacking 20m zone.

ps: If you are going to make statements like you have above at least have the decency to name your accused.

You contradict yourself Pete. In one thread you are lauding the bravery of the team and in another bagging Orford!

You make very good points about our attack, but the bottom line is - we took our opportunities and then staunchly defended our line.

Premierships are not generally won by the side with the most scintillating attack (2005 maybe the exception). They are won by sides with grit and character. I think we all agree Manly showed plenty of that at the right end of the season on Friday.

IF our attack clicks into place over the next two months we will be up there.

The win just goes to show that you can't win tight games without a standout fullback, ergo Cronulla on Sat night. We would have beaten the Slime with Stewart two weeks ao. And Matai still gives me heart attacks everytime the ball goes his way. Why doesn't someone in the coaching ranks teach him where and when to tackle and where to stand in the defensive line? Orford had a reasonable game but 400K should give us more attacking options in the 20. I think mom Burns deserved it as would of Hicks who was fantastic. Why didn't George get more time on the paddock? any answers to that?

You contradict yourself Pete. In one thread you are lauding the bravery of the team and in another bagging Orford!

I was in no way critical of Orford, the first try came off what was a poor kick. That is simply calling a spade a spade.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4