Get the Season Back on Track Boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Despite the gloom that has decended over ManlyWorld, that temporary state of happiness experienced by surprised Manly fans everywhere, it is still not too late for the boys to arrest the alarming slump and at least do more than fizzle out completely after appearing dead certs to be in the top four a few weeks ago.

However it needs to start this weekend against the Dragons. To do this the following needs to happen:

1. We need to show guts and determination.
2. Our front row needs to stand up and be counted against a State of Origin opposition. Kite, King and Kylie need to lift and get stuck in! Ryles, Bailey and Simms and Poore need to be put on their bums.
3. Our halves need to show some composure, control and play the percentages, kicking deep and steadying the ship. We must play patience and not panic!
4. Our kick-chase game has to be enthusiastic and solid. Their fullback is elusive but not quick. We must play them in their own half.
5. Our back three have to be confident under the high kicks and alert to the grubbers.
6. Our defence on the fringes has to solid, with BK and Beaver cutting them down. We must limit the offloads of the big men and concentrate defensively.
7. The outside men must shut down Cooper and Gasnier - easier said than done. Their opportunities must be limited by good field position.
8. We must make good ground up the middle and then smartly apply the wide ball. St G were very susceptible to the Parra speed men and their wingers were weak in their defensive decision making. Hicks, Donald and Stewart must be used.
9. We must pressure Shephard and not give him any time - he is susceptible to mistakes and is far from comfortable as yet.
10. Dunley must come on after 15 mins of each half to put pressure on their big men who don't move well laterally. Beaver and BK need to attack slightly wider as St G can leave gaps on the edges.
11-20. 1. We need to show guts and determination.

I am sure there is more but the bit in bold is what I would like to see.

If we can win this week it may be the boost to stand up to the likes of some of the clubs we are yet to face in the run home.

I was looking forward to the long-awaited taste of semi football and would hate the opportunity we have to be wasted!

Very constructive comments CW.

I would like to see the forwards have a real crack this sunday. Kite has a tendancy to go missing. It's not good enough to wait for Monas, Kennedy and Menzies to create something.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4