Get Lussick back to the bench ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Please get him back to where he is effective. 1 run for 10m.

Might struggle to knock Starling off though 90m in the first half.

Myles 33 tackles in the first as well.

We had 5 sets in the 1st 23mins so he would struggle to get many metres in that. I like his aggro in defence but felt like he was on the edge of going too far and doing something stupid

Had some better runs in the second half once the opposition tired. Much better suited to an impact bench prop.

But Vave and Starling both cracked 150 so going to be tough when Jake comes back for him to stay in the side.

Did he play tonight?

Actually, it was his lumbering (Lussick) that started the ball rolling with me about fitness. He may as well have been non existent after 5 minutes at marker.

The Rabbits would get the ball, run around our markers as though non existent, force our defensive line to retreat, play the ball fast, setting us completely back on our heels.

Frustrating.

Hang on, wasn't Lussick statistically our most potent forward weapon going into this game ??

In that shocking first 20 minutes, Lussick put on 2 big hits while others were falling off tackles or simply allowing opposition forwards to easily push through the line, fall to their bellies, and then get straight up for quick play the balls.

Let's not forget a few horrible missed/ineffective tackles by Stewart in that same period. One in the lead-up to the first try where Griswald just walked over the top of him, the arm grab for the hooker's second try. Or the bad miss by Lawrence in the first try, where their hooker went over despite having 4 Manly players having hold of him, and Lawrence slipped off the side as the hooker fell over the line.

Having said that, Lussick, like many of the forwards in that initial period, failed to control the ruck too often and didn't get up into a marker position to negate the roll on. It was amazing how often we had 3 players in a tackle, only to see their forwards push through and past them, and then get up and play the ball without any markers in effective position.

Having said that, Lussick, like many of the forwards in that initial period, failed to control the ruck too often and didn't get up into a marker position to negate the roll on. It was amazing how often we had 3 players in a tackle, only to see their forwards push through and past them, and then get up and play the ball without any markers in effective position.

It's something that the refs just seem to let go. They are so intent on looking at the defensive team that they allow players to walk/crawl/step through or sideways at the ruck.
It's a catch 22 for the defence when they're under the pump, do you hold on a bit longer and risk the penalty or stand your ground and risk the penalty or let them walk through the ruck and hope for the best?

Shocker from Brenton Lawrence in defence in the first 20 mins. Heaps of missed tackles, including the first one their hooker scored. Matai's a liability in defence as well.

He is not a lock ....

It's something that the refs just seem to let go. They are so intent on looking at the defensive team that they allow players to walk/crawl/step through or sideways at the ruck.
It's a catch 22 for the defence when they're under the pump, do you hold on a bit longer and risk the penalty or stand your ground and risk the penalty or let them walk through the ruck and hope for the best?
I agree with you about allowing attacking teams too much latitude to walk forward through the ruck. However, I was referring to legitimate Souf's technique during the first 20. I'm referring to Souf's forwards getting through the initial contact and not being held up by the first contact man. Their momentum allowed them to fall forward through the initial contact and often left two or three of our defenders hanging on around the waist and legs, which allowed them to get up and play the ball legitimately with two to three Manly players out of marker position.

Second half he came back off the bench and played well. A start he is not and a lock he is not.

If Jake is out again Myles to lock (great defense, solid but not damaging attack, very similar to Jake) and Starling to get back with BJ like 2014

Definitely missed jake and dce defense. Also loved the defensive work t red did in the sharks game.

I like mateo and vave and either starling/lawrence and api/brown off the bench.

All the forwards coming off the bench haved performed better. What ever fowards haved started have been mauled.

We also have buhrer to come back and he is good defensively

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7