George rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Forget his shape, his bulk frame, his happy smile - HE BENDS THE OPPOSITION'S LINE!

Horo, Richie, BJ are all great for their positional play and/ or speed but sometimes they can't bend the opposing line.
George can!

And so what, if it's only 15 minute stints?

He can carry four or five and still go forward.

globaleagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Both would be great to keep, I'd keep Rose 1st but that is up to the bean counters. Wolfman is a must keep

Plus, in the future wolfman will be moved into the forwards.

After all, that's where he defends now!

Lyon must be heading that way too coz most of the time that's who he follows ;)

Big George just confirmed on Foxspors Manly won't be offering him a contract for next year. He's looking elsewhere no takers yet.

As sad as it is to see a club favourite moving on if he wants to continue at the NRL level, it's been like this for some time with us letting go Menzies, Robertson and Kite (amongst many). Yet despite losing a wealth of talent and club figures, we're still powering along to another finals series, with no let up in sight.

Perhaps if the likes of Parra and Tigers were more honest with their retention, they'd not be in the positions they are in this season. You don't get the sense of any favourites at our club and that all believe that if they put themselves above the Sea Eagles team, we will not hesitate to show you the door.

Yeah nobody really wants to see him go but only the people with access to the salary cap $$$$ can really make that call. Seems like they have. The good thing about our team is that there isn't really too many that you would cut without some sort of second thoughts. I was hoping George might get a 1 year deal, but if the club reckon either Jake or Ligi are going to play enough part next year its hard to argue with them.

His go forward for us will be massive for us I always think the teams attack looks better with him on the field....if we get a run of possession with him going forward its usually points time...just a pity its not quite a long enough period of time maybe.

Honestly, I think we go with a core (props) of Lawrence, Fa'aoso, and give the younger guys a go next year.

King should retire or move on. Galuvao should retire or move on. Rose will be signed on decent crumbs at another club. Gower isn't Manly quality.

Maybe:-

08. Lawrence
09. Ballin
10. Fa'aoso
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Sao
16. Trbojevic
17. Symonds

and Chee Kam fills in if / when required.

bones said:
CAMBO said:
I just hope he gets a club

A club besides the Dogs storm or Souths.

Parra will sign him on $550,000.
It's crazy that Adam Blair gets that from the tigers and he does less than George. Then there is the millage from Rose's PR work.

Love Georgey but geez he must be one of the most overrated Manly players (when the same fans aren't completely underrating him). He's a fringe prop that does okay for us when called upon. He also happens to be a fan favourite & a good club man - factors that generally wouldn't come into consideration that much at the negotiation table.

I may be way off here but I'd say that him not getting a contact offer comes down to money. He signed his last contract when he was in career best form & was being talked up as a smoky for the Blues. Doubt Manly can reduce his contract enough to make it worthwhile from their PoV.

I'm with Ryan, fast-track the progress of Trbojevic & Sao into the top 17. Sao's shown some goods in his time at the club & Trbojevic is an absolute weapon already - that kid will go a long way in the game, we just need to make sure it's with Manly.

Ryan said:
Honestly, I think we go with a core (props) of Lawrence, Fa'aoso, and give the younger guys a go next year.

King should retire or move on. Galuvao should retire or move on. Rose will be signed on decent crumbs at another club. Gower isn't Manly quality.

Maybe:-

08. Lawrence
09. Ballin
10. Fa'aoso
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Stewart

14. Buhrer
15. Sao
16. Trbojevic
17. Symonds

and Chee Kam fills in if / when required.

We would be cannon fodder if that happens

Lawrence is a good starter, Fa'aoso could do that job but offers a lot more on the bench. Sao full of promise, but has only had 1 year against men and Trbojovic is huge potential but has only played a handful of games in NSW Cup, trying to get a full season out of an 18year old kid in the front row at NRL level isn't going to work, or be fair on him

King is vital next year for experience and leadership, and Gower is just the sort of player we need as well, does his job well when called upon.

If we ran with your front row rotation mentioned above there, we have a 1 season NRL player, an impact player and 2 complete rookies, we will get run over

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4