George Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's been improving with each game he's played in the top grade but, he needs to show more. In some respects, it's a little unfair to compare the GR of 3 years ago to the current because he's that much older now. However, the frustrating thing with George is, watching him back then it reminds you of how very good he was.

If only the penny would drop and he'd realise, he's everything that we need, right now and in the future. We're desperate for a big strong prop that can, not only bend the line but has the footwork to break thru. Someone who's experienced and calm under pressure. Also someone who's a great clubman, popular with the players, fans and sponsors.

There's just one little problem....the coach wants him to show the commitment to shed the excess kilos, that he probably feels are stopping him from regaining the old form. For whatever reason, he's been unable or unwilling to do it and finds himself in the position where, his contract may not be renewed.

It's all up to him because, he's playing for his Manly contract right now. When Fa'aoso returns, he'll be battling with Gower for his spot in the 17 and if he loses it, it's doubtful he'll have done enough. I've always been a big fan of his and would love to see him stay at the club. I just hope he does what he needs to do.

I thought George went well again tonight. We need his bulk, with King out for the season. Gower is a second rower. It was good to see him get on and make a long run, but disappointing he had to be replaced because of a blood bin. I'm sure he is a far better player than most of us appreciate.

George and Gower have copped a hiding on here from some at times, but they may be key players as the season progresses. Both are showing more value with each game.

For Gorgeous George, when the footy jersey no longer fits, a media career should.

Daddycool said:
He's been improving with each game he's played in the top grade but, he needs to show more. In some respects, it's a little unfair to compare the GR of 3 years ago to the current because he's that much older now. However, the frustrating thing with George is, watching him back then it reminds you of how very good he was.

If only the penny would drop and he'd realise, he's everything that we need, right now and in the future. We're desperate for a big strong prop that can, not only bend the line but has the footwork to break thru. Someone who's experienced and calm under pressure. Also someone who's a great clubman, popular with the players, fans and sponsors.

There's just one little problem....the coach wants him to show the commitment to shed the excess kilos, that he probably feels are stopping him from regaining the old form. For whatever reason, he's been unable or unwilling to do it and finds himself in the position where, his contract may not be renewed.

It's all up to him because, he's playing for his Manly contract right now. When Fa'aoso returns, he'll be battling with Gower for his spot in the 17 and if he loses it, it's doubtful he'll have done enough. I've always been a big fan of his and would love to see him stay at the club. I just hope he does what he needs to do.

I agree with what you said. It is a very good assessment of where George is now.
I know he has done his dash with tooves,but maybe a one year reduced contract ,say around 100,000 not 250,000 and see if he is really interested.
Put it back on him to have a go.

I hope Georgie Porgie says with Manly and i hope Sharna stays with George - she's magic. After footy, Lets have George instead of big Daryl Brohman who's about as funny as a train wreck.

Ritchie on 2KY today said looking like we'll have no room for George next year and most likely going to Tigers. The thought of no Georgie at Brookie is unthinkable. Imo King should be squeezed out - played a lot less footy.

Hate to say it, but I can do without George. Huge personality but rare that personality alone wins football games. For me, too much chance of overweight every year and not bursting with talent. I think we were great to him when he broke his leg. The club has to do what it has to do.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Hate to say it, but I can do without George. Huge personality but rare that personality alone wins football games. For me, too much chance of overweight every year and not bursting with talent. I think we were great to him when he broke his leg. The club has to do what it has to do.

Agreed on all points. He clearly is out of favour with the coaching staff for some reason or another. His on field performance is replaceable at a cheaper cost.

Budgewoi Eagle said:

g'day all,i suppose it depends on your definition of talent but george is a far more naturally talented footballer than say kite and king and i find it a shame that those qualities dont seem to be required.I personally feel that glen stewart looks like he is also overweight,slow and ponderous and gets only a fraction of the criticism levelled at george for the same reason.I dont think they come any bigger and fatter than kasiano but he seems to go alright, and i bet plenty here would have him if he were available.
cheers mike

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7