George Rose Rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=183822.msg271288#msg271288 date=1278060550]
It seems to me that with the departure of Quantum and the amount of unsigned players that we appear to be running into some financial difficulties. Trying to take games to NZ and PNG are all signs that cashflow is a major concern and so is our ability to compete.

Looks that way Mick, read on other post that Quantum sponsorship was a million/year. Thats a lot of coin to make up (mind you I'm up for a suncorp double header due to my location, selfish but why not)
[/quote]
and we all know how the bloke who got quantum and their million bucks on board was treated is it any wonder they have walked.

Ive given the bloke 6 months but ill say it we have gone from having one of the best ceo's in the game to one of the worst.

If the penn family ever gets the ****s and pulls the plug our club is ****ed

Cambo link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=183822.msg271290#msg271290 date=1278060754]
[quote author=mickqld link=topic=183822.msg271288#msg271288 date=1278060550]
It seems to me that with the departure of Quantum and the amount of unsigned players that we appear to be running into some financial difficulties. Trying to take games to NZ and PNG are all signs that cashflow is a major concern and so is our ability to compete.

Looks that way Mick, read on other post that Quantum sponsorship was a million/year. Thats a lot of coin to make up (mind you I'm up for a suncorp double header due to my location, selfish but why not)
[/quote]
and we all know how the bloke who got quantum and their million bucks on board was treated is it any wonder they have walked.

Ive given the bloke 6 months but ill say it we have gone from having one of the best ceo's in the game to one of the worst.

If the penn family ever gets the s**ts and pulls the plug our club is f**ked
[/quote]

I can see signs destined for the brookie hill being prepared in garages across the northern beaches

"Lowe must go"

Nate link said:
Cronk and Foran are a Premiership winning combination IMO

Nice sig there Nate. (/pedant mode: although it should be "I am become Choc, destroyer of teams"/)

And I'm still struggling to understand why Foran wouldn't sign a contract if he's agreed to terms for the last four months. We're stuffed if he signs with someone else and we're left looking for a 5/8 after all the good players have signed with other teams.

Cletus link said:
[quote author=Nate link=topic=183822.msg271338#msg271338 date=1278077068]
Cronk and Foran are a Premiership winning combination IMO

And I'm still struggling to understand why Foran wouldn't sign a contract if he's agreed to terms for the last four months. We're stuffed if he signs with someone else and we're left looking for a 5/8 after all the good players have signed with other teams.
[/quote]
Perception is often much easier to sell, then reality.

Flip link said:
In fact a quick search and here is the extract from the article i speak of on the ABC website.

Hodkinson's signature comes after the Bulldogs failed to lure Parramatta half Daniel Mortimer to the club that made his surname famous.

His halves partner at the Eels, Kris Keating, was also on Canterbury's radar but has said he is keen to stay put.

The move rules the Bulldogs out of making a bid for Melbourne's Cooper Cronk should he be released as part of the Storm's salary cap fire sale.

Manly coach Des Hasler said there was no added urgency to finalise Hodkinson's Sea Eagles halves partner Kieran Foran's new deal.

Kiwi international Foran has agreed to a four-year extension in principle but is yet to sign.

\"It's going along so there's no urgency, there's no panic,\" Hasler said on Tuesday.

He said the decision would be a weight off Hodkinson's shoulders.
I think I just worked out the catch. It says he agreed to terms but doesn't say which club he agreed to terms with.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=183822.msg271216#msg271216 date=1278040489]
In fact a quick search and here is the extract from the article i speak of on the ABC website.

Hodkinson's signature comes after the Bulldogs failed to lure Parramatta half Daniel Mortimer to the club that made his surname famous.

His halves partner at the Eels, Kris Keating, was also on Canterbury's radar but has said he is keen to stay put.

The move rules the Bulldogs out of making a bid for Melbourne's Cooper Cronk should he be released as part of the Storm's salary cap fire sale.

Manly coach Des Hasler said there was no added urgency to finalise Hodkinson's Sea Eagles halves partner Kieran Foran's new deal.

Kiwi international Foran has agreed to a four-year extension in principle but is yet to sign.

\"It's going along so there's no urgency, there's no panic,\" Hasler said on Tuesday.

He said the decision would be a weight off Hodkinson's shoulders.
I think I just worked out the catch. It says he agreed to terms but doesn't say which club he agreed to terms with.
[/quote]

True :)
Or maybe he has agreed in principle to an extension, he just hasn't agreed on the amount of money he gets for it. ???

Yeah, but he definitely wants to play footy somewhere for the next 4 years. For money.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6