[Resurrected] George Rose immensely proud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
no it's just my boyhood idol ;-)

I loved the way he would dive headfirst into the shins of oncoming forwards, then set up a nice backline move next play.

eagle, my point was in defense of specific gestures, causes, whatever. you can't do everything in one go. of course, you only have to look at who gets picked in the indigenous side, and also who is in the nrl all stars, to see that the ethnic dividing line is not really a 'racial' one if that means genetics. think of the pacific islanders brought across as virtual slaves (indentured plantation labourers) and mixed into the australian underclasses in the 19-20th centuries after the irish convict supply ran dry. and the chinese and other economic migrants, etc. It's all there in the names and cultural heritages across both teams.

'Race' is really culture, who you identify with, what stories you were told, what names people called you as a kid, etc. The indigenous team is about some kind of pride for aboriginal culture/heritage/identity and not some counter racist racism. I think most people jag that. It certainly seems to work in that vein.

anyway, eagle, a team of indigenous and maori and pacific islander heritage stars vs the anglo white guys would be like watching fish get shot in a barrel, no? :) we already get enough of that with soo....

Sorry for an old thread, but couldn't help noticing Big George getting his face all over town in relation to Tim Tszyu's much-hyped fight against Tony Harrison. George is CEO of No Limit Boxing, I get the impression he set up his own company along with his brother and sounds like they are doing very well indeed.
Of course the idea of promoters making a fortune from other people getting their brains a bit mashed is not without conflict, but still it's nice to see an ex-Sea Eagle premiership winner going on to bigger things, well done George.

Sorry for an old thread, but couldn't help noticing Big George getting his face all over town in relation to Tim Tszyu's much-hyped fight against Tony Harrison. George is CEO of No Limit Boxing, I get the impression he set up his own company along with his brother and sounds like they are doing very well indeed.
Of course the idea of promoters making a fortune from other people getting their brains a bit mashed is not without conflict, but still it's nice to see an ex-Sea Eagle premiership winner going on to bigger things, well done George.
He’d be making big dollars and good on him. Not my idea of a sport but to each their own.

Goerge, my favourite player

Attachments

• George Rose.jpg
    George Rose.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4