George Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ditto!

If it wasn't so important AND frustrating it would be funny!

The inmates are officially running the asylum
and I'm going to bed.

When I heard tonight he got let off I just had to laugh (what else can you do?? Cry probably). What an effing joke. Kingy basically stands his ground, George Burgess throws a swinging arm....which connects!! Nothing.

This year is important to Souths because its Sam Burgess's last. Might be their best crack at it with him there... Officials will carry them as far as they can, then its up to them to win. I expect this kind of stuff to happen all season

Well at least the NRL is consistent.... Consistently inconsistent!

How many NRL fans did they actually research to determine we are all idiots who will blindly support any decision they make no matter how inane?

It's just like Greenturd's position that the forward pass for the Rorters try in the GF may not have been forward because the refs were in a better position. Hmm, a better position than any number of 18 television cameras and motion/physics experts? Sounds probable but on further exploration you have to ask ... "Seriously what were you thinking when you said that?" But I guess It's no worse than saying the Bulldogs Board are probably in the best place to determine if they are over the cap or not.

Unfortunately I am no longer surprised at all by our idiot officials and I fear it will not improve any time soon. Not only are they disenchanting the fans of the game today but more so the possible demise of the game in the not so distant future.

That Souffs V Tigpies match was the most spiteful I've seen for a couple of years, and yet NO-ONE loses any matches for illegalities.
Yet, an incident that NO-ONE saw during the run of play gets Jason suspended.
This is justice 2014-style.

King spends a week on the sideline. For very little IMO.

The Melbourne guy may be allowed to play next week for almost crippling someone and the other two in the tackle don't even get cited. These tacklers (all three) should be suspended for 12 weeks to clamp down on the way Melbourne tackle, work a bloke onto his back and wrestle.

Burgess gets off.

Hmmm! Hard to understand. :huh:

They are targeting pop culture for a fleeting moment, they should be targeting long term prosperity.

This crowd should be investing in touch footy, or we should, because that is where we are headed. Actually I might throw some coin at that now.

I run this site through my passion, I love league and have for the longest time.

In the mid 90's we whinged about Scott fulton, in the late 90's super league. Then we were upset with our roster and lack of success, now with the abolition and ruin of our game.

Still the best game in the world but laws being made by people who have never drawn a drop of sweat on the field or understand what both it's combatants or fans want

Manly should have challenged King's charge. The hypocrisy of the NRL is breath taking. How the hell are those dizzle players not banned for that tackle? So sick of the double standards that run our game.

I have no problem with Burgess gettin downgraded, Tedesco was falling quickly and extremely low when contact was made, accidental thing rather than any intent and I remember us having a couple of people not charged because of that in the past.

Kings suspension is a joke though, club playing the safe game not challenging that one

Burgess' down-grade has a base of 75 points, and with 20% loading, it brought the charge to 90 points. Burgess however gets 25% off for entering an early guilty plea, meaning he finishes with 67 points.

errr..I've been driving for 11.5 hours so I am a bit fuzzy...but

If you plead guilty....you shouldn't then get 25% off for then getting a charge downgraded.

"I plead guilty to this charge!"

-ok 25% off the charge

"I appeal the charge!"

ok -successful and therefore more % off!

?

Lord Eagleton said:
This year is important to Souths because its Sam Burgess's last. Might be their best crack at it with him there... Officials will carry them as far as they can, then its up to them to win. I expect this kind of stuff to happen all season

If anyone has been reading my posts of late you'll note I am rapidly becoming disillusioned with the state of the game.

I apologise for the negativity BUT this is just more of the same.

I won't buy into the Burgess argument, didn't see the game and couldn't care but fair dinkum the Jason King week off.......this ****e is just ruining the game, as @Dan has said "get some shares in touch football" as this is where League will be in 5 years.

There's no doubt the game is as fast as it's ever been (which is what they want) but there's also no doubt in my mind they are manufacturing results through penalty counts and 50/50 decisions.

For Greenturd to come out and say that pass in the GF was kosher is the icing on the cake....me and 49,999 other Manly fans and maybe 35999 Roosters fans ALL saw it was metres forward.

Maybe it's time for me to go away and have a holiday and forget the game for a while....funny I am doing just that!!

But don't worry, I haven't gone off the deep end and will still be a fan of this great club.

When Todd Greenturd is where he is, Manly will continue to get the short end of the stick.

Kingy may have gotten off. Manly didn't want to contest the charge.

Hard to blame the nrl, et al for that.

Isn't it?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
globaleagle said:
errr..I've been driving for 11.5 hours so I am a bit fuzzy...but
How many times have I warned you against posting while driving :dodgy:

It's just a lot of trouble with the damn laptop! Hard to see over.

IIRC from listening to the MMM call on Sunday, even Bill Harrigan said it was a nothing incident after seeing the replay. When a guy who is regarded as one of the best referees in the past 30 years says there was nothing in it, and the on-field refs don't even worry about it and neither obviously did the video refs, how does the NRL then rule that Kingy gets suspended for a week?

About the only person at the time who would have thought anything was wrong with it would have been David Morrow on the ABC (he seems to think anything Manly is wrong).

As for the NRL judiciary system, its gone past becoming a joke. It IS a joke.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2