General NRL chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mario Fenech has spent more time spruiking the game of rugby league – 22 years – than he did playing it.

The mighty "Maltese Falcon" finishes up at the NRL on Wednesday.

He has spent two decades as a Community and Sponsorship ambassador for the NRL after joining the governing body in 1996 - the year after he finished his 15-year playing career with stints at the South Sydney Rabbitohs and North Sydney Bears being the pillars.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/12...-fenech-signs-off-after-37-years-in-the-game/

Former NRL star Manu Vatuvei has scored an impressive knockout victory on his professional boxing debut, destroying David Letele with a series of shots capped by a vicious uppercut.
The 32-year-old former Warriors winger, who holds an NRL record as the only player to score 10 tries in 10 consecutive seasons, was simply too strong for his outmatched opponent in the first round.

For want of a suitable section to post this, I figured the general one to be the most appropriate for this little bit of trivia.

Recently at the Leagues Club, I found some Tooheys New coasters which had sayings by several former NSW Blues Origin players. Imo the best ones were:

If you're not dreaming about winning, you're dreaming - Greg Alexander
(at first glance I thought this said "if you're dreaming about winning, you're dreaming...)

The only posts you should be focussed on are the goals - Ryan Girdler

Only with teamwork does the team work - Steve Mortimer

All very true! I believe there's one by Beaver but I was unable to get it.

For want of a suitable section to post this, I figured the general one to be the most appropriate for this little bit of trivia.

Recently at the Leagues Club, I found some Tooheys New coasters which had sayings by several former NSW Blues Origin players. Imo the best ones were:

If you're not dreaming about winning, you're dreaming - Greg Alexander
(at first glance I thought this said "if you're dreaming about winning, you're dreaming...)

The only posts you should be focussed on are the goals - Ryan Girdler

Only with teamwork does the team work - Steve Mortimer

All very true! I believe there's one by Beaver but I was unable to get it.

Wait a minute, I thought I was the only one who posts in this thread!

(lol)

Was there one that said: "Run f*&% ya!" - Kieran Foran

Knights centre Tautau Moga will front a club disciplinary committee in the next fortnight with the possibility of one of rugby league's heaviest individual fines being meted out after he pleaded guilty to assaulting a taxi driver on Boxing Day.

Moga was in Newcastle Local Court on Thursday where he escaped having a conviction recorded for slapping a taxi driver twice after a day at Newcastle races last December.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/21...y-board-hefty-fine-after-taxi-driver-assault/

DID GREEN GET AWAY WITH OBSCENE GESTURE

It was a rare brain snap by one of the NRL’s good guys but Blake Green can count himself lucky he escaped the wrath of the NRL’s match review committee after flipping the bird to a sideline official.

The incident occurred late in the first half of last week’s 34-6 loss to Wests when Green contested a loose ball with Tigers player Luke Garner. He gave the touch judge the one-fingered salute after he ruled a Tigers tackle restart.

Tigers winger Corey Thompson went on to score on the back of the extra set.

The match review committee decided against charging Green because of a precedent in 2017 where a similar infringement was let go.

Brisbane Broncos CEO Paul White said the club would continue to support Roberts through his off-field rehabilitation. No penalty would be imposed by the club.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/07/roberts-escapes-club-sanction-despite-drinking-incident/

Part of me says, he is a young guy who should be able to go out and cut loose, he didn't hurt anyone etc etc

But.....he is currently injured and meant to be rehabbing and he is a guy with known problems........I think the Broncos should have handled this differently

Part of me says, he is a young guy who should be able to go out and cut loose, he didn't hurt anyone etc etc

But.....he is currently injured and meant to be rehabbing and he is a guy with known problems........I think the Broncos should have handled this differently

Seibold has far more important things to consider ... and that is his own ego .... Seibold wants a winning football team more than he wants to worry about Roberts health or long term future ....

Yeah early doors but Bennet make Seibold look silly atm.

Seriously though, I think Seibold is a good coach, Broncos just have 3 issues atm.

1.They do have a young brilliant pack, but it has no leaders, letting go of Mcguire after losing Thaiday and Sims was an error
2.They need a halfback to stear the team around, Milford should be playing what is in front on him, not worrying about the team
3.Boyd........atm waaay out of form, probably make the big call and swap him and Isaako

C83AE314-FA54-425F-8C6C-9135034B8FC0.jpeg
On a slightly different note for this on Facebook there is quite a funny page, worth a like I reckon

There’s a bit of talk about coaches taking advantage of the refs not blowing the whistle this season. The game is in a tough sport with the evolution of wrestling, the refs are damned if they do and damned if they don’t police it.

An idea I have had for a while is that the refs should increase the 10m the more wrestling that is going on. I personally like to see a longer 10 kept (some refs only bother with 8) as it opens up space for the faster players. With more space between teams there could theoretically be less dominant tackles and more momentum for ball carriers to play the ball quicker.

As long as the defensive team wrestles the refs should shuffle backwards and increase the 10m. They have to be willing to blow offside penalties but these are far less subjective and allow the ref to call out players in advance rather than being reactive.

Brisbane's Kodi Nikorima won't play in Thursday's NRL grudge match against South Sydney, with coach Anthony Seibold giving the long-time Broncos halfback a chance to "ponder his future".

Teenager Tom Dearden will debut in place of Nikorima, who has been linked to an immediate move to the Warriors.

"He also has some decisions to ponder around his future, decisions that are not easy to sift through, and that may affect his family," Seibold said.

"It will give Kodi the time and space to think through his decision."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4