Gen Y players young, rich, selfish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon it is a deadset nothing article. 16 clubs with all those young players and he comes up with 3 possibilities then has to revert to RU for examples. Take any population and you are going to get tryers, bludgers,hot-heads, selfish, caring individuals etc. For another The Who song I'd go with "The Kids are Alright".

ManlyBacker said:
I reckon it is a deadset nothing article. 16 clubs with all those young players and he comes up with 3 possibilities then has to revert to RU for examples. Take any population and you are going to get tryers, bludgers,hot-heads, selfish, caring individuals etc. For another The Who song I'd go with "The Kids are Alright".
And I'll dedicate Acid Queen to Andrew Webster.

Ryan said:
bob dylan said:
Not reading the article.

But while ever clubs pander to the players bad attitudes will prevail. Instead of bending over backwards to meet every stupid demand put forward by managers the clubs should make an offer. if the players dont like it, tell hem to move on.

Under the current climate not one player will ever accept any first offer, because they know, providing they have some real playing ability, a better offer will be tabled at the next meeting.

I think coaches are worse, well ours was.

Obviously, I don't know any of the details, but what I read into the Foran saga:-

1. He demanded that Liam Foran be signed by us (which I think is good thing mind you, I totally rate the kid);
2. He demanded Andrew Johns be signed on as a halves coach;
3. He demanded Matt Orford be signed on as a halves coach;
4. He wanted his manager to play the whole thing out in the media;
5. He wanted the club to say nothing about anything;
6. He openly said he was considering leaving.

I'm sorry, but he was accomodated in many, many area's, and still thought he was above the rest of the team, and the brand.

This is my opinion - he is a wonderful, wonderful player, but a self indulged, selfish little bastard.

In my opinion, we need players wanting to commit whole-heartedly, and without question to our club. Look at Cooper Cronk's negotiation. It was clear all the way through that his heart, loyalty and passion was with his fellow team-mates, coaches and club.

Sorry guys, I know that's harsh, and again, I don't question his playing ability. But FFS, just get on with the job.

Agree. From what I've seen he's a bit of a Diva.

And you know he demanded all this stuff how Ryan ? By reading it in the paper ?

And how was Cronks situation so clear when he was weighing up a big Titans offer ?

Ryan said:
bob dylan said:
Not reading the article.

But while ever clubs pander to the players bad attitudes will prevail. Instead of bending over backwards to meet every stupid demand put forward by managers the clubs should make an offer. if the players dont like it, tell hem to move on.

Under the current climate not one player will ever accept any first offer, because they know, providing they have some real playing ability, a better offer will be tabled at the next meeting.

I think coaches are worse, well ours was.

Obviously, I don't know any of the details, but what I read into the Foran saga:-

1. He demanded that Liam Foran be signed by us (which I think is good thing mind you, I totally rate the kid);
2. He demanded Andrew Johns be signed on as a halves coach;
3. He demanded Matt Orford be signed on as a halves coach;
4. He wanted his manager to play the whole thing out in the media;
5. He wanted the club to say nothing about anything;
6. He openly said he was considering leaving.

I'm sorry, but he was accomodated in many, many area's, and still thought he was above the rest of the team, and the brand.

This is my opinion - he is a wonderful, wonderful player, but a self indulged, selfish little bastard.

In my opinion, we need players wanting to commit whole-heartedly, and without question to our club. Look at Cooper Cronk's negotiation. It was clear all the way through that his heart, loyalty and passion was with his fellow team-mates, coaches and club.

Sorry guys, I know that's harsh, and again, I don't question his playing ability. But FFS, just get on with the job.

Point six is definitely true but I don't know about the rest, I don't know how you can say "he demanded........". Those are strong statements to make but we don't actually know that he "demanded" anything. Can you really blame the kid for considering following his premiership winning coach? I think it's perfectly rational to have been considering joining Des.
From what you're saying a player should sign the first offer they get and be thankful they even get a contract in the first place. That seems unfair to me.

Guys, I supplemented what I said with the comments about not knowing anything, I just came up with an opinion as the articles came out.

Exactly mate, based on articles which are hardly something to hang him on

If everything in the papers was accurate we certainly wouldn't have our fullback still playing for us

Cameron said:
Volley said:
Ahh, a good old fashioned Gen Y whinge.

Fact is, every generation thinks the generation following them will end up destroying the world.
Gotta agree I have worked alot with gen y and it comes down to how you manage them, if you set clear expectations, take a coaching approach to constructive feed and follow thru with consequences for non compilence they are fine. But then again the kids I deal with are getting paid 7 - 18 bucks an hour not 100k

Volley said:
Ahh, a good old fashioned Gen Y whinge.

Fact is, every generation thinks the generation following them will end up destroying the world.

Cameron said:
Just the bit on our players Duck Creek on 2gb continuous call told Hadley there are apparently a few manly players who have agreed to stay but a scared of telling des they are staying and not joining him at belmore interesting.

Also a rumour about a current nrl player and a tv exec having a secret same sex affair

Cronk and Hartigan?

No mate hartigan has retired from news ltd. I will say this though as a practicing hetrosexual I would have sex with a man before id have sex with John Hartigans partner.

Yeah I was a bit rough on Cronk, he seems like a classy guy. He wouldn't stoop that low at all.

Haha, I concur with your last sentence there. 100%.

Ridgey was the bigest, most self indulgent bastard and that is what got us to most of the nineties' highs.
It's the on field performance that matters and nothing else. His own Team mates hated him, but the respect of his ability by them was potent on the field.:p (Plus Bozo was in the sheds waiting for them :p:p)

I don't buy into the Diva argument - the enablers are the ones who create the Monsters. It's only logical to ask for the world, as no one will ever offer you more in a Contract than you asked for, in my experience as a Contractor. It's up to the Employer to negotiate to a more manageable agreement.

But the Gould method is still available to any Coach - good to see Gorgeous George got some of the message :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6