Garricks performance at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Attack is always very good, but defensively his positioning can be terrible and contact is not great....he played much junior footy at centre, but with the changed attacking shape of the modern game, needs to learn when to push up and defend square as seems often to the side almost like a cover tackle position which gives all the power to the attacker

I noticed tonight that Saab was getting spread passes in closer on the right and not on his wing. That was an interesting tactic.

In the two tries Parra scored down that side in the 1st, I'm failing to see how our fans are blaming Garrick.

1st one we defended well in that set. They shift left and Saab read it perfectly and had Harper wrapped up until he got a miracle offload out to Gutho who just spread it to Sivo who is unstoppable that close. That was more of a hustle issue and lack of urgency, as soon as Harper was wrapped the other defenders should've jumped on that to secure the tackle for the changeover. Garrick positioned himself well on that shape and Saab jammed in with good timing, just poor hustle to not secure the tackle.

2nd one was Saab's fault. It was man on man marking and Saab just didn't trust the inside that Garrick already had covered and that slight misstep gave Sivo the space once he got the ball and once again too hard to stop that close to the line. Plus Saab turned around too slow. Garrick's fault there really??

Leave garrick in the centres i can see him coming to far in as a winger leaving wing exposed.Look when the play is heading to there side in defence dce,Garrick & saab just need to communicate better.

Given the quality of ball play these days most teams edges are vulnerable. Even south’s opened up Storm multiple times the other night. The days of keeping teams to single figure score lines are going to be pretty rare.

Can 't see any gain in the most likely switch of Garrick and Tommy Talu and in the present playing circumstances and if it was even a consideration .
Even less with the prospect of Faulalo or Parker if there was a vacancy there .
More like Paulo back to the wing and then Talu moving to centre .

If we played a descent sliding defence like some sides play i.e roosters,Penrith,Brisbane.melb,maybe this wouldn’t be happening to us.How hard is it what are the defensive coaches doing for training.

All their wingers are the same, particularly the Roosters, and especially Tupou. Penrith not so much but they did against us.

It's interesting that we score most of our tries when wingers from the opposition team get caught in a 2 on 1 or similar. Silver tails fans go around "high fiving" everyone about the lead up play that causes the overlap. But when it happens to us it's our wingers fault.

Go figure.

In the two tries Parra scored down that side in the 1st, I'm failing to see how our fans are blaming Garrick.

1st one we defended well in that set. They shift left and Saab read it perfectly and had Harper wrapped up until he got a miracle offload out to Gutho who just spread it to Sivo who is unstoppable that close. That was more of a hustle issue and lack of urgency, as soon as Harper was wrapped the other defenders should've jumped on that to secure the tackle for the changeover. Garrick positioned himself well on that shape and Saab jammed in with good timing, just poor hustle to not secure the tackle.

2nd one was Saab's fault. It was man on man marking and Saab just didn't trust the inside that Garrick already had covered and that slight misstep gave Sivo the space once he got the ball and once again too hard to stop that close to the line. Plus Saab turned around too slow. Garrick's fault there really??
How dare you actually watch the tries with an analytical eye. Don't you know conceding tries to left wingers = Garricks defence is 💩

Garrick looks to be someone always trying improve his game. I remember it wasn't that long ago he was getting ragged dolled in attack, yet we don't see that now. I suspect he will be working extra hard and hopefully forming a more cohesive defensive unit with DCE and saab.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8