[Resurrected] Garrick general news thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

wow

Someone hung onto my 'old men Muppet' pic for all these years!!! (which of course isn't showing up. lol)

And bad luck Ruben.

So...probably getting some good odds for Manly this week!

Paige always reminds me of a dickhead mate of mine ... funny story:

We always have a serious golf weekend away one weekend a year. One year we went to Canberra ... He says his new girlfriend will be in town for work and is it ok if she tags along for the game ... not to play mind you just to drive the buggy ... she is hot. We all say ok.

She does this for the first six holes, drives the buggy always begging my mate for a hit "no this is serious stuff I want to beat my mates" was the response. Anyway, we forced him to let her have a hit on par 5, if the shot was crap then he can hit and take over.

Guess what, 280 straight down the middle. Rest of the game she KILLS it ...

Mate chuckles and comes clean after a few ridiculously good hits ... she's a local pro (golfer that is) he hired for the day for a laugh.

We laughed, had beers and joy.

Bit of a step up but good a time as any to give Weekes a go at full back . Would not surprise for Koula one and wing then to Smalley but Weekes really has to be given a go sooner or latter and has been in the main squad all season , Should have enough confidence and game system knowledge to fit in O K at the back .

wow

Someone hung onto my 'old men Muppet' pic for all these years!!! (which of course isn't showing up. lol)

And bad luck Reuben.

So...probably getting some good odds for Manly this week!
Yes mate - thank you. .. can't claim it myself.. just keep it in the archive for appropriate times like this!

He's been playing with groin strain for the last month or more. Time to rest up Sandwich. He's been a real trooper as has Jake through all this mayhem. I'd like to hope the club can get it's sh*t together over the summer but seriously, given our history since Arko stepped away, even when we win a premiership it was still media turmoil and in fighting. Good luck Tony Mestrov you're going to need it.
Just found out it’s actually a shoulder injury that’s put him out for the season. I’ll put the screenshot I got from Instagram below.

Attachments

• 8DF3B806-F03D-4129-91C2-3AD41964EB94.png
    8DF3B806-F03D-4129-91C2-3AD41964EB94.png
    451.9 KB · Views: 66
Koula will be 1.

Smalley to wing

I don't think we have any other options. Other than trying Taupau at 7, and pushing DCE into the centres, Parker to hooket, Croker to 6 and Foz to 1.

Well, could be an opportunity to force some changes and selections many fans have been asking for. Yes, Des will probably still take the most conservative approach, but we can hope.

I’d prefer to put Weekes at 1 and Koula stay on the wing. The season is done so I’d prefer two guys with big futures get a run, as opposed to a guy like Smalley who probably never would have played FG if it wasn’t for the rainbow jumper.

I’d prefer to put Weekes at 1 and Koula stay on the wing. The season is done so I’d prefer two guys with big futures get a run, as opposed to a guy like Smalley who probably never would have played FG if it wasn’t for the rainbow jumper.
@Snake Haven't seen too much of Smalley, but whenever I've watched him over the years, I've always been impressed and was surprised he never really made it. Just wanted to know what I'm missing, your thoughts mate?

That’s a good point with Smalley , As Weekes has more potential than Smalley on the games I’ve seen them both play , But as we know Des will most likely go for Smalley

@Snake Haven't seen too much of Smalley, but whenever I've watched him over the years, I've always been impressed and was surprised he never really made it. Just wanted to know what I'm missing, your thoughts mate?
Great out of yardage but not the best when defusing kicks and is not overly quick for a winger. I can see him doing an admirable job but he is competing for spots against other wingers who are taller, faster and safer.

Just when things couldn't possibly get any worse...they do! The last month's been horrendous and now we've lost 2 of our most consistent players who've put 100% into every game. We're sure going to miss Jake and Reuben :(

Never mind one Chinaman, we must've run over a family of them!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4