Garner or Sirro OR both ????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’d like to see Siro in the 13. I’d also like to see Jake get more of a rest and rotate him with Aloiai and co in the front row. We are squeezing the lemon too hard with Jake. He will be more effective with an extra 10-15 mins rest.

I’d like to see Siro in the 13. I’d also like to see Jake get more of a rest and rotate him with Aloiai and co in the front row. We are squeezing the lemon too hard with Jake. He will be more effective with an extra 10-15 mins rest.
If Siro goes to 13 and plays 80 mins, it means we have Marty, Paseka, Aloiai, Jake and Keppie for 160 mins in the front row. That's 32 mins each. There will be some unhappy campers...

I agree re Jake, although I suspect if he had more help in the middle in terms of sharing the defensive load, that would make a big difference to his 80 min performance. Last year he was a bit of a lone ranger in defence.

If Siro goes to 13 and plays 80 mins, it means we have Marty, Paseka, Aloiai, Jake and Keppie for 160 mins in the front row. That's 32 mins each. There will be some unhappy campers...

I agree re Jake, although I suspect if he had more help in the middle in terms of sharing the defensive load, that would make a big difference to his 80 min performance. Last year he was a bit of a lone ranger in defence.
I don’t want sirro playing 80 mins at all. He needs to be rotated. You could put Ola, Aloiai or Paseka in that role for 20 mins. I think we need more rotation in our forwards.

The way the game is going, I think there will be less forwards playing the full 80 - at least if they want to stay effective.

I also think Keppie might miss out on the starting 17, although, I could be wrong.

I don’t want sirro playing 80 mins at all. He needs to be rotated. You could put Ola, Aloiai or Paseka in that role for 20 mins. I think we need more rotation in our forwards.

I also think Keppie might miss out on the starting 17, although, I could be wrong.
You might be right with Keppie - he seemed to regress in 2020. Then again, the whole team did. I'd still have him on the bench though as I see a ton of upside in him.

I'm really keen to see how Sione Fainu comes on next year.

You might be right with Keppie - he seemed to regress in 2020. Then again, the whole team did. I'd still have him on the bench though as I see a ton of upside in him.

I'm really keen to see how Sione Fainu comes on next year.
Yeah. It’s not a slight against him; I still see potential, it is more trying to get the balance right with the way the game is going and my desire to see Olakau’atu get a slot on the edge (and possibly rotate in the middle if needed).

Sione is the wild card. His build reminds me of Joe Galuvao, if he can play like he did then we are in for a treat.

Garner is much better than Siro in attack.

I would go left field and offer Brad Parker for Garner. Surely they take it if we've given Garner a 2022 offer.
No way Garner is better in attack. Absolutely not. Having said that, Garner has by far the better tackling technique, and is defensively much stronger. We need both players

Garner is much better than Siro in attack.

I would go left field and offer Brad Parker for Garner. Surely they take it if we've given Garner a 2022 offer.
Parker will also struggle to get a run in our backline this year. I believe Tigers were after him last year before he re signed with us??? It might not be as far left as you think and probably a good solution for all!

Parker will also struggle to get a run in our backline this year. I believe Tigers were after him last year before he re signed with us??? It might not be as far left as you think and probably a good solution for all!
Cheers robbo. Left field in terms of bit of a manly favourite and hasn't really looked like being dropped for years. Now walker & suli will have mortgages on the centres jumpers (you'd think) so I can't see value in Brad unless he becomes a 2row or winger...

I like peter parker but feel like he isn't salary cap value now and we may as swell get something for nothing.

w
No way Garner is better in attack. Absolutely not. Having said that, Garner has by far the better tackling technique, and is defensively much stronger. We need both players
Have you seen the lines Garner runs? He is miles better in attack and an ex-centre. He is fast and mobile and still some size.

I rate Siro but he is not the player we signed him to be. He was marketed as an ex-five eighth with silky ball skills who has a big body so can play second row. Do you think that Sironen's 'cut inside unders run and never look to even pass the ball to Suli' is good attacking? It was a centra lreason for why Suli & Garrick has a poor season, they were starved of ball, IMO.

He has now transitioned into a tough runner with the odd good offload and a great defender. That is the mould of a player who has lost his x-factor and is simply doign the position he has (somewhat) been given... at an average rate of play.

I would rather have DCE/Foz/Schu put the man through gaping holes with the lines he runs.

w

Have you seen the lines Garner runs? He is miles better in attack and an ex-centre. He is fast and mobile and still some size.

I rate Siro but he is not the player we signed him to be. He was marketed as an ex-five eighth with silky ball skills who has a big body so can play second row. Do you think that Sironen's 'cut inside unders run and never look to even pass the ball to Suli' is good attacking? It was a centra lreason for why Suli & Garrick has a poor season, they were starved of ball, IMO.

He has now transitioned into a tough runner with the odd good offload and a great defender. That is the mould of a player who has lost his x-factor and is simply doign the position he has (somewhat) been given... at an average rate of play.

I would rather have DCE/Foz/Schu put the man through gaping holes with the lines he runs.
I think you are basing your entire opinion of Siro on his 2020 season. Over a much longer period, he has shown excellent line running (Again, Suli and Garrick being "starved of the ball", didn't have much to do with Siro, but more to do with manly's gameplan I.e. our playmaker did not want the ruck being stuck on our right side). He was on Feddie's radar for the Blues, and has already played rep footy for City for several years. He has had an injury-prone career, but when fully fit, breathes fire. Garner indeed knows how to hit a hole, but has only played a couple of seasons in 1st grade and whilst he could potentially be a better player, he hasn't shown over an adequate period of time that he is a better attacking player than Curtis Sironen. That said, he hits like a mofo, and I would absolutely love him to return to manly

Last edited:
A swap might be a good option in a year. I think backrow is a position we have covered right now.
We still need a replacement for Thompson - a hard working, tough as nails tackling machine. We have Gauc for x-factor, particularly in attack, but Garner will do wonders for our backrow defensively. He's miles better than Gosiewski, Davey, and Parker

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4