Garner or Sirro OR both ????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The way I see it Garner wants to come home but is contracted for 2021, and Tigers won’t release unless we give them Curtis.

This is purely based on what I’ve read on Twitter so could be absolute bull****.

So,

Do we trade Sirro and pick up Garner now ??

OR

Wait 12 months and have them both??

Seems unlikely we’ll have both in 2021.

Thoughts

The way I see it Garner wants to come home but is contracted for 2021, and Tigers won’t release unless we give them Curtis.

This is purely based on what I’ve read on Twitter so could be absolute bull****.

So,

OR

Thoughts
Keep Siro for 12 months then swap for 2022. I don't think we have both either this year or next!

I don't think the difference between them is that great .. but Garner probably has the more improvement in him ... either way ... It is easy to say swap Siro ... but what if Siro doesn't want to go ..

And I think we have need/room for both of them ...

So,

OR

Thoughts
Keep Siro......

If a swap doesn’t happen now, it may not happen fullstop. A year is a long time (esp. in NRL contracts), so recruitment strategies/needs will change by this time next year. I say swap them now, if we can’t have them both.

Siro would be still on some decent coin at Manly and doubt that the Tigers would match this . Manly probably still have some cap space for Garner with out even considering letting Siro go , and could invariably even offer Garner more money to switch . Have not actually noticed any indication that Garner definitely wants out but no doubt if he is offered an improved contract from Manly this would certainly be an inducement to leave . Already have Siro , Hamole , Jet Ski and Davey for the back row and even Ben Turbo . Maybe not that essential to recruit him .

So,

OR

Thoughts
Both this year for a fabulous offseason

I'm not so sure Siro would want to return to the Tigers, after the way he was treated previously. He's adopted our culture and is a happily settled Manly boy now. I know money talks but I highly doubt the Tigers will offer a better deal to lure him.

As for Garner wanting to come home, if he can't get a release for another year so be it. Meanwhile a lot can happen in a year.

It all depends on how Siro feels. Who would want to go to crap club like the tigers!! No chance for a premiership in the next few years . Haven't seen much of Garner , but is a junior so he's heart should be in it.
Given their respective family association with the club, I can see why both Curtis and Pooch may want to finish their careers at the Tigers. But yeah, Tigers are a loooong way off ever competing for the title.

How novel!

I wonder what the salary differential is. If Manly aren't prepared to offer Curtis a new contract beyond 2021, it may be that Curtis is the one who will be agitating for a change for next season if he can secure a 3 year deal elsewhere.
Its not novel!
If he wants a 3 year contract, that’s fine. But he needs to complete his existing contract unless his employer is prepared to release him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4