• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Perry was much better than King today.  Why?  As far as i could see he didn't give away any penalties.  It took forever for King to get off players.  Very poor.  He needs his 2009 form back and quick.

Matai looked more composed which i think is a good sign.  Mature game, good year so far.

Bailey well done!  Maybe his spot is off the bench.

T Rex was slow for a while and then picked up. 

Foran was excellent.  Great hitups and plays.
Hodkinson was going good too, although his kicking still needs some work.  That tiny kick was a bad option when he should've drilled it down the park for touch towards the end.  Played well apart from that.

Big Joe was great!  Probably our best forward on the park.  Kite was energetic again, good sign.

Watmough... needs a hand transplant or something.  I don't know anyone else who drops the ball more. 

I'm glad we won, was looking shaky in parts

Reading this thread and looking at the stats there appears to have been two different games?
Metres
Anthony Watmough (163)
Tony Williams (134)
Jason King (118)
Kite (96)
Perry (93)
Matai (93)
Galuvao (48)

Errors
Watmough (5)
G Stewart (3)

Penalties against
Kite (2)
Perry (1)
King (0)

Since i didnt see the game i like to get all the info out there

King gave up the first 2 penalties from memory, in consecutive sets for lying too long on the tackled player. He did quite well apart from that I thought.
Watmough did make ground but had the ball jolted out a lot. Williams was not responsible for any defensive failings so far as I could tell and continues to improve, he is not at his peak potential yet by any means.

Fluffy link said:
Penalties against
Kite (2)
Perry (1)
King (0)

Something not right here. King gave away two identical penalties...back to back. Marched Warriors up the field.

Both King and Watmough gave up a couple of penalties each.  

Watmough also had 6 dropped balls and 5 missed tackles.  

No, until he gets his hands to work Bellamy has more than him to chose from, and they don't get on.  On his current form he is no certainty.  Good for us if he's not. 

It seeems to me that todays game is important for the sole reason that we won while building. Dont forget that to win ugly when your combinations or skill levels are not 100% is a great way to build a season. Drizzle do it every year ( bastards ! )

Defense is building & is not unlike our 2008 early season defense (online notwithstanding) there are some good signs.

Attack is finding its way still, but signs are we can make metres, kick metres and while finishing off is still not great, all the basics are there except for last tackle options. They will come as Hoddos confidence builds.

Our forwards are doing OK but not great and thats a good thing, we dont want to rise & peak too early in the engine room. Im even OK with chocs (doh) hands and missed tackles so long as he builds towards his past form later on. His metres were good despite the errors. Kite looks like he could relive his past leadership form if he really wants too. Gift needs a to have a future rest planned for, which is where Galavao or Bailey will hopefully figure mid season. Ballin did 80.

Have you noticed how the commentators dont have critical words for our halves ? They are not trying to win the game on individual brilliance, they play for the team. These two will do very well & are being coached very well. Hoddo with 38 tackles, Foran with 100 metres today. One ball defensive player player still learning the trade at top level and one line busting ball runner not over playing his hand.

For all money our backline should be bloody ordinary. Our main strike weapon shot. One winger gone early. The proposed 5/8 shuffled back to centre while we have to redevelop our monster centre back to the wing where he underperformed previously. Our predicted weak points are doing OK. Farrar is handling it so far so good. T-rex is doing better than I thought he could do at centre and Mattai isnt clutching his neck every tackle.

Dont want to put the black mocka on us so assessment = so far so good.

Ben Farrar is helping out the halves alot too.... He needs to stay at fullback... what a swap he's been. Bani didn't get a run for the cowgirls saturday night

To be fair on a choc a few of those drops were from good hits that punched the ball from his hands.  Not much could be done.  The others were just a result of his feet hands but h does handle the ball a fair bit so it is bound to happen, just wish he could reduce them a little. 

Watmoughs hands have been shocking for years, the guy just can't hang onto the footy. He goes through patches where he won't drop any and he looks like the best forward in the NRL, then you have days like today. His defensive lapses are more of a concern.

Jatz Crackers has  point and i agree,the commentators dont seem to have critical words for our halves,maybe they are excited as we are to see a new young combination get a go,its about time they gave us some more respect,im sick of hearing gus and co etc etc fox etc rabbit on about how marvellous this teams halves or that teams halves are.BTW i think foran was more the ball player today,seemed to take more control out there than hoddo today,maybe this was the game plan........

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6