GAME DAY THREAD: Manly Vs Souths [Round 2 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lord Eagleton said:
Just watching the replay on Fox1 now. Ray Warren is a jibberer. He's going on about doing bronze medallions at manly beach (we dont care about that Ray). And his verbal hand-jobbing of Greg Inglis every time he touches the ball is cringe worthy. This old fella needs to be put in a home and kept away from a microphone

Also his incessant rambling on about Ch9 show advertisements during the game calling is damn annoying too :mad:

Jethro said:
Lord Eagleton said:
Just watching the replay on Fox1 now. Ray Warren is a jibberer. He's going on about doing bronze medallions at manly beach (we dont care about that Ray). And his verbal hand-jobbing of Greg Inglis every time he touches the ball is cringe worthy. This old fella needs to be put in a home and kept away from a microphone

Also his incessant rambling on about Ch9 show advertisements during the game calling is damn annoying too :mad:

I thought tony mokbel was actually playing!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
simon64 said:
There was no way it should have been awarded for not getting off the tackled player though. He was there no longer than any other tackle in the game
Souths were on the rack. Holding down a player after a team has made a line break is a penalty every day of the week, and can also result in a sin-bin for professional foul. This time the penalty was the right call, can't see why that's in question really.

It is SER8. My point was Foz wasn't held down any longer than any other player in the previous 75 minutes. The flop, however, was worthy of the penalty.

It was a bulls**t penalty just like 70% of the penalties in most games. Subjective , selective and most times a lottery.

simon64 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
simon64 said:
There was no way it should have been awarded for not getting off the tackled player though. He was there no longer than any other tackle in the game
Souths were on the rack. Holding down a player after a team has made a line break is a penalty every day of the week, and can also result in a sin-bin for professional foul. This time the penalty was the right call, can't see why that's in question really.

It is SER8. My point was Foz wasn't held down any longer than any other player in the previous 75 minutes. The flop, however, was worthy of the penalty.

What was different was that Jayne called held very early and was screaming move now for a fair while.

The flop was equally bad but they happened all game, burgess was probably the worst offender

At halftime Killer shook hands with everyone of his Players, waited for each to go off - what a classy Captain :angel:

At the end of the game, Choc went and shook the pocket Ref's hand - didn't see if he did the same with The Echidna :D

I have been following the team for 40 years and I would say "sir" killer is my all time favourite. Hard, skilful, always calm under pressure and above all a good sport.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7