Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ummm, is it a Chinese page ?
No @Ryan, But it does contain lots of semi-amusing anti-Manly collateral like this.
342722269_793233475470412_7644618516863184060_n.jpg

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Are alter-egos allowed in Sivertails Dark Mode? If so, I might come in as @eagles4death from time to time. Please forward me the appropriate invite @Jethro I am guessing the experience will be something like a virtual thrash version of Eagle Rock.
Heavy Metal Christian GIF by To Live A Lie Records
Done :thumbsup:

Ryan

Journey Man
Are alter-egos allowed in Sivertails Dark Mode? If so, I might come in as @eagles4death from time to time. Please forward me the appropriate invite @Jethro I am guessing the experience will be something like a virtual thrash version of Eagle Rock.
Heavy Metal Christian GIF by To Live A Lie Records

Change it to eagles4resuregence :giggle: ! That's all we want - "make Manly great again"...the time between contender-ship is way too long now.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
However, a bunch of them will be absent because they will be posting in the dark thread instead, right?

I try and stay off LU for Manly games, for obvious reasons, but it would definitely be an option if our normal GDT became a ghost town.

Ryan

Journey Man
However, a bunch of them will be absent because they will be posting in the dark thread instead, right?

People will post in both, but keep their more "vigorous" comments in the Dark thread. Not going to make everyone happy - but people have been calling for heads for eons about others comments in and around the GDT and gameday posts/threads. To the point, they've stated they integrate with the site (or certain people) less.

We just can't win.

• People detest the negativity so much they integrate and contribute less (and state such).
  • People then complain / attack when a mechanism is suggested to reduce the negativity & experience.
  • people get attacked personally for being labelled overly negative / positive
  • people then get upset when those overly negative frustrations are reduced / removed

So wtf do people want FFS?

We've become a cesspool of judgment, abuse and criticism towards each other, rather than the damned footy team (and that bores the smack out of me). I had an idea to create a medium where like minded posters can go to vent their spleen, where people who hate reading that can avoid being involved (ALLLLL a matter of damned choice - be involved or don't). It's an idea that I thought would make people god damned happy.

EDIT: apologies for my frustration, it's not directed at you.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
So wtf do people want FFS?

We've become a cesspool of judgment, abuse and criticism towards each other, rather than the damned footy team (and that bores the smack out of me). I had an idea to create a medium where like minded posters can go to vent their spleen, where people who hate reading that can avoid being involved (ALLLLL a matter of damned choice - be involved or don't). It's an idea that I thought would make people god damned happy.

EDIT: apologies for my frustration, it's not directed at you.
To just live and let live... on BOTH/ALL sides.

Who cares if you get passionate and vent about this or that? And who cares if others want to moan about moaning and negativity? And who cares if Joe Bloggs calls out for somebody to have a date with a cement truck??? Answer. Only those who want to make it an issue for themselves. And there's nothing wrong with choosing to make something an issue for ourselves and engaging in a dialogue around it. It's as valid as ignoring somebody's comment.

I just don't see how this suggested move is going to add value to the forum, though I acknowledge and respect your proactive efforts to think laterally.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
To just live and let live... on BOTH/ALL sides.

Who cares if you get passionate and vent about this or that? And who cares if others want to moan about moaning and negativity? And who cares if Joe Bloggs calls out for somebody to have a date with a cement truck??? Answer. Only those who want to make it an issue for themselves. And there's nothing wrong with choosing to make something an issue for ourselves and engaging in a dialogue around it. It's as valid as ignoring somebody's comment.

I just don't see how this suggested move is going to add value to the forum, though I acknowledge and respect your proactive efforts to think laterally.
There's good, long term posters that no longer contribute on here.

The back and forth is for the most part interesting, but the way one person views it isn't the same for another.

If this ends up being a way that posters stick around, isn't that a good thing?

Who knows if it will work, but @Ryan is trying something to see if it benefits the site, the posters who need to vent, and the posters who want to escape that.

Always value your insight @HK_Eagle

For me, sometimes a little bit of Dark Mode is just what I need...

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
There's good, long term posters that no longer contribute on here.

The back and forth is for the most part interesting, but the way one person views it isn't the same for another.

If this ends up being a way that posters stick around, isn't that a good thing?

Who knows if it will work, but @Ryan is trying something to see if it benefits the site, the posters who need to vent, and the posters who want to escape that.

Always value your insight @HK_Eagle

For me, sometimes a little bit of Dark Mode is just what I need...
As another poster mentioned... posters come and go. If some posters don't like the way certain people express themselves here, and decide to leave, then cool... it seems they have worked out for themselves that perhaps this forum is not the right vehicle for them. I have no issue with that. We still have a vibrant community willing to share.

If posters want to create a "dark thread" to share certain things that don't necessarily fit elsewhere, then fine. I can't imagine what it is some want to share there that they cant already share? I vent and swear my a$$ off during the GDT. If I overstep the mark, based on feedback and my own reflection, I simply put my hand up and own it (apologise). I really don't take it personally when certain people get upset about my "negative venting" posts, nor do I bother getting upset with posts I don't agree with. I counter them or ignore them. Simple.

It's the variety and colour that makes a forum. No, we don't want it ridiculous vanilla rainbows, and no, we don't want people bullying or attacking others personally. Those things happen occasionally, but mostly, we have these vigorous debates around contentious issues. I have no problem with the dialogue we are sharing around this topic now. I personally don't agree with the proposed split GDT as I'm concerned it dilutes the group and gives us less to bounce off on game day. That said, if people want it, I'm willing to let it run and see how it goes.

And thank you for the acknowledgement @NREagle.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The more I think about it, it's just another wedge to drive between like minded people.....just coming from the opposite direction from @Mark from Brisbane and his ilk.

Having to ask to be allowed to be accepted to a different part of the community???

No thanks, just on principle.

What happens when an "accepted" poster starts saying stuff the group doesn't like.....we get another even darker thread?

Adz

Reserve Grader
If people want a dark game day thread I have no issue with it,go ahead.
I don't have any desire to leave the forum,I just want to have nothing to do with the game day thread and so I avoid it.
I just got sick of the same posters posting the exact same crap every single week,it was boring as bat****.
However,if that makes those same posters feel better,then good for them.
I also got sick of the same posters who seem to just have agendas to bag the coach etc...every chance they get and refuse to acknowledge anything positive the team does etc..
For me,just avoid the game day thread if you have a problem with it,beats me how people can say they can see everything going on in a match when they spend 15 minutes or more looking and typing on their phone.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18