Game Day Thread (Dark Mode)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member
An exclusive invite only game day thread now?
Isn't footy suppose to be about inclusiveness and supporting our team through thick and thin?

People who choose to participate in this site need to understand that not everyone holds the same opinions, and that's ok. The rainbow jersey saga proved that, and we made it though that despite this place being a fuking $hitshow. But the GDT is what's going to break us apart?

I rarely participate in the GDT because I actually just want to watch the game, but segregating the threads into positive & negative, and one being invite only, is a terrible idea and probably the beginning of the end. Can't everyone just play nicely?

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Everything is as it always was. You just get to choose if you want to read / view / experience a more critical view.

Empowering by being given choice isn't a restriction, it's a benefit.
Introducing something new, seems by definition, a change. That is, everything is not as it always was. My issue is with the concept (or perceived need for) not the process. But that's by the by now.

But I still don't see the point. Coz if I understand your initial post properly, you want to address the concerns of people who feel that the site has become too negative. But only it seems, on the Game Day Thread. Does this mean all the negative things that are said on say, the DCE thread or the Seibold thread or the Penn thread etc etc don't matter? Or is not really a GDT vent, it's actually a place where you can vent about anything? If so, it's just a General Dark Mode thread.

Either way, let me be clear again, I don't care how negative people are as long as it isn't a personal attack (altho I'm not a big fan of snide comments either but I'm sure l'd survive).

Maybe it's coz I'm an old fart but what you're suggesting and the way you described the two groups, one vanilla and the other the MA rated posters etc, just made me think of some kind of school yard - the cool kids and the nerds thing and just seemed a bit silly.

Anywayz, it seems it's going ahead, so more "empowerment" to you.

rj90

Yeah, Nah.
Tipping Member
But I still don't see the point. Coz if I understand your initial post properly, you want to address the concerns of people who feel that the site has become too negative. But only it seems, on the Game Day Thread. Does this mean all the negative things that are said on say, the DCE thread or the Seibold thread or the Penn thread etc etc don't matter? Or is not really a GDT vent, it's actually a place where you can vent about anything? If so, it's just a General Dark Mode thread.

Extremely valid point!

Ryan

Journey Man
Introducing something new, seems by definition, a change. That is, everything is not as it always was. My issue is with the concept (or perceived need for) not the process. But that's by the by now.

Either way, let me be clear again, I don't care how negative people are as long as it isn't a personal attack (altho I'm not a big fan of snide comments either but I'm sure l'd survive).

Maybe it's coz I'm an old fart but what you're suggesting and the way you described the two groups, one vanilla and the other the MA rated posters etc, just made me think of some kind of school yard - the cool kids and the nerds thing and just seemed a bit silly.

Anywayz, it seems it's going ahead, so more "empowerment" to you.

No, it's the GDT, then all the during game and post game threads that are created and last like X players is Y for example. So it's a consistent thing.

Anyways the thread seems to be going pretty well so far. It's young, but it's vibrant and healthy, and will get pretty fun during games.

There's already differing views on Siebold haha in it, but we are taking everyone's view as they are. I personally think Siebold (please don't howl me down everyone) is okay .

Mark from Brisbane

ā€œ Boomer still Boomingā€
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Iā€™m pretty much against altering the GDT.

It is what it is , and if you donā€™t like it you can just ignore it ( like I have until the one last Saturday ).

Whilst itā€™s not my scene to post 50 times about play 1 being **** , of kick 2 being crap , or letā€™s sack player XXXX , some enjoy that and as I say if you donā€™t you can just ignore it.

However , I would like to see a MEGA bitch & whinge thread , where posters can let loose in any way they wish , and if you post in that thread and get death rided for doing so itā€™s your own fault.

But I just hate seeing a myriad of completely negative threads coming out after every loss , Sack the coach , sack the captain , etc etc etc. So in my opinion lumber all these into one and if you enter you do so at your own risk.

It then leaves the rest of the threads for every day discussions , news , team selection ideas etc etc.

And not suggesting at all that there couldnā€™t be robust discussion in any of these either.

Not sure if Iā€™m the leader of the ā€œ gang of 5ā€, and in fact not sure who the other 4 actually are if thatā€™s the case.

Iā€™m also of the view that if my thoughts are in the minority , and everyone thinks thatā€™s the case , then Iā€™ll delete my account and say farewell.

As Iā€™ve said many times , itā€™s only a game , I enjoy watching the game , I enjoy the banter pre game , but Iā€™ve ceased to enjoy the doom & gloom after almost every game , because even if we win itā€™s never by enough.

Anyway it is what it is but o donā€™t think we should be segregating members into groups that only banter with each other.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I hate the concept. We can be far more self-assured in who we are, and far more accepting of how others are. Surely we can navigate our differences without some silly apartheid system.

Not sure if this post gets in the rainbow or dark side thread šŸ¤”
To use a military term, maybe its in the No Mans Zone area.

Ryan

Journey Man

It is what it is , and if you donā€™t like it you can just ignore it ( like I have until the one last Saturday ).

Whilst itā€™s not my scene to post 50 times about play 1 being **** , of kick 2 being crap , or letā€™s sack player XXXX , some enjoy that and as I say if you donā€™t you can just ignore it.

However , I would like to see a MEGA bitch & whinge thread , where posters can let loose in any way they wish , and if you post in that thread and get death rided for doing so itā€™s your own fault.

But I just hate seeing a myriad of completely negative threads coming out after every loss , Sack the coach , sack the captain , etc etc etc. So in my opinion lumber all these into one and if you enter you do so at your own risk.

It then leaves the rest of the threads for every day discussions , news , team selection ideas etc etc.

And not suggesting at all that there couldnā€™t be robust discussion in any of these either.

Not sure if Iā€™m the leader of the ā€œ gang of 5ā€, and in fact not sure who the other 4 actually are if thatā€™s the case.

Iā€™m also of the view that if my thoughts are in the minority , and everyone thinks thatā€™s the case , then Iā€™ll delete my account and say farewell.

As Iā€™ve said many times , itā€™s only a game , I enjoy watching the game , I enjoy the banter pre game , but Iā€™ve ceased to enjoy the doom & gloom after almost every game , because even if we win itā€™s never by enough.

Anyway it is what it is but o donā€™t think we should be segregating members into groups that only banter with each other.

Well, that's exactly what's happened mate. It's just the mega bitch and whinge thread is in conversations now, and not open to the public , so the rest can be team selections, news and ideas. All very sanitised, light and happy.

Like I say, the GDT is already pretty robust hehe. And better there, than visible here in the public forum.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Your obsession with trying to get other posters to change their posting style is nothing short of breathtaking.

Last season, and now into this season, you were literally at the point of arguing with "centrist" posters, if they dared have a negative comment or two....and given the way we've been going, who could blame them??
Except for your good self, obviously

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No, it's the GDT, then all the during game and post game threads that are created and last like X players is Y for example. So it's a consistent thing.

Anyways the thread seems to be going pretty well so far. It's young, but it's vibrant and healthy, and will get pretty fun during games.

There's already differing views on Siebold haha in it, but we are taking everyone's view as they are. I personally think Siebold (please don't howl me down everyone) is okay .
Ok, now you're just freaking me out Ryan. I'm gunna have to brace for the feedback from my mates at the pub when I tell them that a footy forum was described as young, vibrant and healthy.

But I still don't understand how a supposed GDT thread PLUS post game threads that are created isn't just the whole forum. Coz technically, every thread that is created after a game, is a post game thread.

Your example of the new thread mentions Seibold and that you are taking everyone's view as they are. How is this different to the existing Seibold thread? Then you ask people not to howl you down coz you support Seibold. This seems to be counter to why you think this new "dark mode" thread needs to exist. So how is this "a consistent thing"?

I still don't see the point. And it just feels like another forum.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok, now you're just freaking me out Ryan. I'm gunna have to brace for the feedback from my mates at the pub when I tell them that a footy forum was described as young, vibrant and healthy.

But I still don't understand how a supposed GDT thread PLUS post game threads that are created isn't just the whole forum. Coz technically, every thread that is created after a game, is a post game thread.

Your example of the new thread mentions Seibold and that you are taking everyone's view as they are. How is this different to the existing Seibold thread? Then you ask people not to howl you down coz you support Seibold. This seems to be counter to why you think this new "dark mode" thread needs to exist. So how is this "a consistent thing"?

I still don't see the point. And it just feels like another forum.
Then just continue as you are right now. You don't have to take part in the GDT (Dark mode) and nothing changes for you. It's that simple. The forum here will continue on as it always has.

You don't have to be part of it. In fact, being so against it, I'd recommend you DON'T be part of it.

If it doesn't affect you, you don't WANT it to affect you, then why would you allow it to? Stick with your status quo. You've stated your opinion, everyone knows where you stand, and we get it.

It's in "conversations" so you don't even have to refer to it, as it won't be present and in your face. It's being discussed here because it's just come into existence, and people are joining as they join. This thread will drift off into the nether like all the others at some point as well.

Mark from Brisbane

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well, that's exactly what's happened mate. It's just the mega bitch and whinge thread is in conversations now, and not open to the public , so the rest can be team selections, news and ideas. All very sanitised, light and happy.

Like I say, the GDT is already pretty robust hehe. And better there, than visible here in the public forum.
So enlighten me , am I now the leader of the ā€œ Gang of 5ā€, and if I am , who are the other 4 ??

Ryan

Journey Man
So enlighten me , am I now the leader of the ā€œ Gang of 5ā€, and if I am , who are the other 4 ??
I'm not sure what you're talking about ? Why are you directing that question at me, Mark? Get I'm the easy target again, but maybe address the person who brought that up???

I've always been one of your biggest advocates and supporters. I haven't and won't say a bad word about or to you.

Mark from Brisbane

Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm not sure what you're talking about ? Why are you directing that question at me, Mark? Get I'm the easy target again, but maybe address the person who brought that up???

I've always been one of your biggest advocates and supporters. I haven't and won't say a bad word about or to you.
Sorry , thought this may have been a topic on the private thread, and wasnā€™t suggesting you created it but thought youā€™d answer truthfully.

Iā€™ll just let that one be fly through to the keeper then.

Carry on as you would.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Are alter-egos allowed in Sivertails Dark Mode? If so, I might come in as @eagles4death from time to time. Please forward me the appropriate invite @Jethro I am guessing the experience will be something like a virtual thrash version of Eagle Rock.
Heavy Metal Christian GIF by To Live A Lie Records

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Then just continue as you are right now. You don't have to take part in the GDT (Dark mode) and nothing changes for you. It's that simple. The forum here will continue on as it always has.

You don't have to be part of it. In fact, being so against it, I'd recommend you DON'T be part of it.

If it doesn't affect you, you don't WANT it to affect you, then why would you allow it to? Stick with your status quo. You've stated your opinion, everyone knows where you stand, and we get it.

It's in "conversations" so you don't even have to refer to it, as it won't be present and in your face. It's being discussed here because it's just come into existence, and people are joining as they join. This thread will drift off into the nether like all the others at some point as well.
Yes Ryan, I understand I don't have to participate. The thread does not affect me, the perceived need (which I clearly don't believe is necessary) is what bothers me. I would still like to read what some of the people that have joined (or invited themselves to) have to say but won't on principle, not because what they might say will offend me.

But I've just realised what a silly waste of time this is. I was having fun on this forum, until I wasn't. Bugger!

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yes Ryan, I understand I don't have to participate. The thread does not affect me, the perceived need (which I clearly don't believe is necessary) is what bothers me. I would still like to read what some of the people that have joined (or invited themselves to) have to say but won't on principle, not because what they might say will offend me.

But I've just realised what a silly waste of time this is. I was having fun on this forum, until I wasn't. Bugger!
There is always the "I hate Manly" page on Facebook as an alternative @Seagles68 ē™»å½• Facebook

Ryan

Journey Man
Sorry , thought this may have been a topic on the private thread, and wasnā€™t suggesting you created it but thought youā€™d answer truthfully.

Iā€™ll just let that one be fly through to the keeper then.

Carry on as you would.
No worries mate. that forum isn't about talking behind anyone's back (or forum posters). I couldn't think of anything worse. All it's about is footy, full stop. Footy, footy, footy.

If anyone had a go at someone personally no matter who or why, I'd be asking Jethro to take care of that.

Please everyone understand straight up, it's not a bitching platform about people.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18