LiveBlog GAME DAY - Manly v Knights Round 9,2015 [1291569]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They'll be strong, this is a very very tough game and I have no idea why we are favourites
They do have a very quick back line, but this is the first game all year that I feel really confident of a win. If Mateo and Starling are back, then I think this could be the start of a run.

Off the subject, I know, but this came thru on FB.
They know where I live & who I support.;)
image.jpg

• 9 May 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Peter Peters is a director of the Sea Eagles and Manly Leagues Club
Clubs are made to pay

MANLY GETS NO COMPENSATION AFTER FORAN’S TEST INJURY
MANLY loses a star player such as Kieran Foran for six weeks because of representative football and receive no compensation or relief in the salary cap to enable the club to source a replacement. The system stinks. With State of Origin almost upon us the competition can turn upside down because of injuries to milliondollar-a-season players.

The clubs take all the risk. There is no downside to the ARL or NRL.

The Kieran Foran injury last Sunday in the Australia v New Zealand Test highlights the problem.

Foran has been troubled by a hamstring injury all season and suffered a tear in

Peter Peters the opening minutes of the Test. He carried on, although he was obviously a passenger in the second half.

The sweet taste of victory for Foran with the Kiwis has turned terribly sour.

He is out for up to six weeks, leaving the teammates he is leaving at the end of the season in a hole.

Manly are already reeling from injuries and backrower Tom Symonds will play fiveeighth in tomorrow’s Mother’s Day clash with Newcastle at Brookvale Oval.

Manly will pay Foran for his time on the sidelines. Our rehabilitation staff will work on to get him back on the field as soon as possible.

There is no downside for the NZ Rugby League.

They don’t need Foran until November when the Kiwis tour England.

OUT FOR ELBOW TOUCH

STEVE Matai will miss tomorrow’s match because he touched the referee on the elbow in the win over Melbourne two weeks ago.

There was no malice in the gesture and it was little more than a glancing touch.

Touching a ref is rightly a no-no but it seems there’s one rule in the NRL and another in representative football.

There were two incidences of players touching the referee in the Australia v New Zealand Anzac Test.

Nothing was done during or after the match.

CHEERS FROM GREATS

SOME of the greatest players to wear the maroon and white will be cheering on the Sea Eagles from “Has Been Hill” at Brookvale tomorrow.

More than 35 members of the growing Golden Eagles will gather at Manly Leagues Club before the game and walk to the ground with fans to cheer on Geoff Toovey’s side against Newcastle.

The Golden Eagles are the official old boys group strongly supported by the Sea Eagles and number almost 400 after being formed just a year ago.

Co-patrons Steve Menzies and Ken Arthurson are delighted with the progress being made by the association.

Mums of the players will join the group before the match as part of the Mother’s Day celebration.

MALCOLM REILLY CUP

MANLY and Newcastle play for the Malcolm Reilly Cup.

The great English forward played in Manly’s first two premierships and in 1997 coached Newcastle to its first title – with a last-gasp win over Manly, captained by Geoff Toovey.

There will be no under-20s game, with the surface kept in top order for the big game.
Gates open at 12.45pm with kick-off at 2pm.

Thinking of testing out the family hill tomorrow, anyone know if taking a 3 year old is viable?

It's funny that we are relying on starling and mateo. Neither of these players would even have got a run in the 2007 to 2013 sea eagle teams.
Nor would Jake T. - he was only 13 in 2007!

Nothing but class on the hill. Everything is done in the best possible taste.

So Funny, Ms Cupid Stunt :giggle: Along with Gizzard Puke :sick:
We were just talking about Kenny Everett last night, as the UK Elections were winding Up.
He and Russ Abbott were my favourites when I lived in the UK in the 80's :rofl:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8