Gallop's firey letter to Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Gallop's firey letter to Des
Article from: The Daily Telegraph
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25561962-5016360,00.html

By Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson

May 31, 2009 12:00am

DAVID Gallop has fired off an angry letter to Manly, complaining about coach Des Hasler's attack on referee Matt Cecchin after last Sunday's controversial loss to the Titans.

We're told Gallop described Hasler's behaviour as "the worst sportsmanship'' in all his time as NRL chief executive. The letter was addressed to Manly CEO Grant Mayer after Hasler went dangerously close to a $10,000 fine. We're told the Manly coach has exchanged several heated phone calls with the NRL boss since it arrived. "The game is professional, the officialdom isn't,'' Hasler said. ``It's not good enough. Again the game was decided by a junior referee. David Gallop has got to show some leadership.'' In the letter, Gallop warned that a repeat outburst would cost the club a $10,000 fine.

wat about the second story BE

Gallop's firey letter to DesArticle from: Font size: Decrease Increase Email article: Email Print article: Print Submit comment: Submit comment By Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson

May 31, 2009 12:00am

DAVID Gallop has fired off an angry letter to Manly, complaining about coach Des Hasler's attack on referee Matt Cecchin after last Sunday's controversial loss to the Titans.

We're told Gallop described Hasler's behaviour as "the worst sportsmanship'' in all his time as NRL chief executive. The letter was addressed to Manly CEO Grant Mayer after Hasler went dangerously close to a $10,000 fine. We're told the Manly coach has exchanged several heated phone calls with the NRL boss since it arrived. "The game is professional, the officialdom isn't,'' Hasler said. ``It's not good enough. Again the game was decided by a junior referee. David Gallop has got to show some leadership.'' In the letter, Gallop warned that a repeat outburst would cost the club a $10,000 fine.

THE reaction to last week's revelation in this column that Sea Eagles co-owner Max Delmege and his son Brett lunched at Otto with sex shop owner Con Ange obviously stirred up old Max. The two Delmeges verbally abused Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn in front of embarrassed Titans boss Michael Searle at Skilled Stadium last Sunday in a jam-packed corporate area. The abuse from Brett Delmege involved the word "dog'' and threats of "bring it on''. Hardly the behaviour expected from shareholders of any business, particularly at an official function. The pair were told to move on by Gold Coast Titans officials ... just like The Daily Telegraph blog this week, with 85 per cent saying Delmege should get out of the club.

And then there's the fourth story in that same article, Cliffy:

REG Reagan has been stood down by The Daily Telegraph for his pre-match State of Origin form guide next week. And no wonder, given his eerie tongue-in-cheek comments on fullback Brett Stewart in last year's guide, the Manly star now defending sexual assault charges. "Is again in doubt after re-injuring his problem calf while trying to climb through his neighbour's bedroom window, naked, at 3am Sunday morning. Stewart told Manly police he was simply chasing possums. The RSPCA have taken over investigations.''

Bad sportsmanship, "dog" behaviour, climbing through bathroom windows ...

Irony in the identity of the attackers? And who do attacks reflect on again?

It is very poor form that words should be exchanged between owners that embarrassed the hosts at Skilled Park.

And Gallop, if that is the "worst sportsmanship'' in all your time as NRL chief executive, then you need a shovel's worth of concrete and harden up. You have a had a bullseye on anything Manly, so enjoy it while we return the favour.  :mad:

The telegraph seem to be on a Max agenda as well

I am sure Penn would have played his part in any scenario that played out, I doubt he stood there silent

I would've thought that the coaches who DO get the 10k fine from blaming refs would be more guilty of bad sportsmanship. 

Sportsmanship... this coming from a piece of crap lawyer?

Another day of Footy, another Video ref shocker, Dogs and Idris once again on the receiving end of a dud call

can anyone tell me what has Gallop ever done that was positive for the game.

I think its time to retire Gallop and build your legal practice.

eggson link said:
I would've thought that the coaches who DO get the 10k fine from blaming refs would be more guilty of bad sportsmanship. 

Sportsmanship... this coming from a piece of crap lawyer?

lol.  Logically you're 120% correct, eggson. Well spotted.

Gallop is so easily seen through.  He lost it because of his fragile ego - Hasler turned the heat directly onto Gallop - saying that Gallop needed to show leadership... which he does. His kneejerk response was totally predictable.

Glass jaw.  Ego out of control.  Unhappy to take what he freely dishes out to others.

Even though Cecchin 'did nothing wrong' I heard they are now going to get the junior ref out of the way for the closing stages of each half. Might have heard it on radio.

Right you are, SER

http://rugbyleaguelive.com/Articles/5278/2009/05/30/Senior_referees_to_be_in_charge_for_the_crunch_moments.aspx

Senior referees to be in charge for the crunch moments

NRL referees coach Robert Finch has reacted to controversial finishes to two games last weekend by tweaking the dual referee system to give experienced officials more control.

In games where one referee is considerably more experienced than the other, the senior official will now take control of the game for the final minutes before halftime and fulltime.

“One of the things out of last weekend was the fact that we need to take [inexperienced referees] out of the situation when the heat is on,” Finch told 2GB’s Continuous Call Team.

“We’re looking to use the senior referee to set up the game up for a longer period, bring him in for shorter periods then finish off the half as well.”

Last weekend, referees were criticised for important decisions late in the draw between the Eels and Rabbitohs on Friday and in the Titans’ one-point win over Manly on Sunday.

Despite the criticism, Finch said the two-referee system has improved the flow of the game this season and will benefit the NRL even more in the future.

“I think going forward as these young referees get more experienced it’s going to be a great boon for the game.”

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4