Future Stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

razor

In tomorrow's NSW V QLD Under 16's State Of Origin Series there will be 5 Manly Juniors representing NSW and they are:
1.Albert Hopoate (Fullback)
6.Kaeo Weekes (Five Eights)
10.Filimaua Filimaua-Tau (Prop)
11.Ben Trbojevic (Second Row)
12.Josh Schuster (Second Row)
Keep an eye on Albert Hopoate and Ben Trbojevic
You can live stream the game from 5:50pm on the 12 June 2017 as a curtain raiser match to the State of Origin game 3

Half the spine and half the forward pack good stuff boys keen to see Ben and Albert, especially ben i also am interested in weekes.

Albert Hopoate, the next talented son of John, in sights of rugby league and union clubs

ALBERT Hopoate, the talented brother of Bulldogs star Will, is in the sights of the Australian sevens team for a possible Olympic campaign as part of rugby’s bid to steer the sought-after teenager into a 15-man future.

The year 11 student has attracted major interest from league and union after demonstrating freakish talent in each code.

The son of John Hopoate will play in the NSW under 16 league team on Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium, having dominated for Manly in the Harold Matthews competition.

It comes a week after he played for the NSW schoolboys rugby union team in the state championships, where he gained selection on the wing in the Australian schoolboys rugby side to play New Zealand in October.

With talents similar to his brother, Hopoate may choose to follow Will into an NRL career but Australian rugby is pushing hard to keep him and national sevens head coach Andy Friend has met Hopoate and his family.

Friend had been tipped about Hopoate’s potential last year by respected schoolboys coach John Papahatzis, who coaches Hopoate in the St Augustine’s first XV.

Papahatzis has a distinguished track record in schools rugby, having helped develop talent such as Matt Giteau in Canberra and also coached the Australian schoolboys team.

“In the words of Papa he’s one of the best schoolboy footballers he’s seen since Joe Roff, and he has seen a lot of good footballers,” Friend said.

“I respect Papa so when he says something like that there’s obviously an interest. And apparently Albert had made a comment that he was interested in going to an Olympic Games and a Commonwealth Games, and there is only one code in which you do that.

“Once I heard that it was obviously ‘lets have a chat’. He is obviously a great young player and if he has a desire to achieve that it was definitely worth talking with him.

“That’s where we have left it at this point in time but everyone is after his services I believe.

“That’s the beauty of where we are at with sevens now, though. It is offering this opportunity that other codes — as much as they’d love to — just can’t emulate.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...s/news-story/9de46673a4806d32190a63a05fd8fe1c

Hopefully he stays, he is a weapon. I think he could a better centre than lyon or matai. Schuster is a gun a hear, apparently he is better then ben turbo in seecond row but should find out tonight. Kaeo Weekes on the other hand, he is a year young turning 15 this year and has been selected at starting five eight

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2017/07/08/nsw_under_16s_enter_.af_juniors_sg-ball_news.html

Hopefully a match highlight will be posted here
http://www.nswrl.com.au/juniors/under-16.html

875152f747b235f9cf677e5362c0420f

Ben Trbojevic is rated as highly as his brothers and is one of five Manly players in NSW’s under 16s team — the most representatives from any NRL club and a Sea Eagles record.

Trbojevic joins fellow Sea Eagles Albert Hopoate, the son of former Manly and NSW winger John, Joshua Schuster, Filimaua Filimaua-Tau and Kaeo Weekes in Brad Fittler’s team.

Manly’s head of football, Bob Fulton, said it was a strong reflection on his club’s recently overhauled junior pathways.

“The revamped structure is paying dividends for our young players as well as the club,” Fulton said. “There is now a greater focus on player development.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=94911ef373b0a361c0d66ea48bc2c509-1499811478

In tomorrow's NSW V QLD Under 16's State Of Origin Series there will be 5 Manly Juniors representing NSW and they are:
1.Albert Hopoate (Fullback)
6.Kaeo Weekes (Five Eights)
10.Filimaua Filimaua-Tau (Prop)
11.Ben Trbojevic (Second Row)
12.Josh Schuster (Second Row)
Keep an eye on Albert Hopoate and Ben Trbojevic
You can live stream the game from 5:50pm on the 12 June 2017 as a curtain raiser match to the State of Origin game 3
12th of july

Here is Freddy Filtlers assessment of the NRL under 16 team, from NRL.com

1. Albert Hopoate (Manly Sea Eagles)

He’s been in our system for a long time; obviously I played with and against his dad. He’s a pretty special kid who recently made the Australian Rugby Union and for his age at the moment he’s very strong and fast, so he’s got a big future in the game.

2. Cooper Jenkins (Newcastle Knights)

A really strong runner, I love these type of players up in Newcastle, the current kids who you know they’re going to come down and perform, they just run hard and do everything right. He’s really impressed me during the Harold Matthews and I think he will do really well.

3. Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights)

Bradman Best has pretty much been the best player in his age group. He’s been a champion sprinter, beach sprinter, footballer, everything, he’s just been the ‘best’ so this is the next part of his progress and I’m looking forward to see how he goes.

4. Aaron Schoupp (Illawarra Steelers)

I haven’t really gotten to see a lot of Aaron Schoupp as he was injured most of the year. I noticed he made the Australian under-15s last year and he’s a good kid from down the south coast. I have a liking for people down that way, I don’t know why, a lot of my friends from Rugby League come from down that way and I enjoyed playing with them and enjoyed them off the field so he looks like he’s pretty similar to that and I hope he goes alright tomorrow.

5. Max Feagai (Illawarra Steelers)

He’s got a twin who is exactly the same; I had to make one of the hardest phone calls I’ve ever had to make to tell Max he was in and Matt that he was out. Max is pretty tough, a big kid that has been dominant for Illawarra, they didn’t go as far as they should have but he’s just a really big and strong athlete and I hope he gets in a bit of space tomorrow as it would be great to see.

6. Kaeo Weekes (Manly Sea Eagles)

He’s the only kid who is a year young, and he’s really crafty and fast. He’s got a good kicking game, I think in the under-16s kids haven’t kicked enough at this age, so if he gets that right, he will be a handful and he’s very fast, so hopefully a little show and go is on the cards and I don’t think they will stop him if he gets through.

7. Thomas Demeio (Cronulla Sharks)

Young Thomas, the halfback from Cronulla, he will direct us around. They all listen to him, he knows what he is doing out there, he’s a fantastic goal kicker, he’s a good general play kicker, and a tough little kid so he plays hooker/halfback. He’ll play halfback for a majority of the time and he’s one to watch, if things go right then he will play a big part in the game.

8. Samuel Hughes (Parramatta Eels)

He’s a big boy and a pretty quiet kid, I’ve been watching him play for Parramatta, he’s a handful. I’ve got to say he’s one of my favourites, it’s hard to gravitate towards a few but the fact is he doesn’t say much but you know he means business so I can’t wait to see him play.

9. Jed Edwards (Parramatta Eels)

Jed knows most of these kids, he spent a couple of years living on the Gold Coast and he’s a fantastic little hooker. He’s only little at the moment, it’ll be interesting, they’ve got some big boys in the Queensland team, so if he can handle the defence he does the attack easily, he’s definitely a player of the future.

10. Filimaua Filimaua-Tau (Manly Sea Eagles)

Here’s a mouthful - Filimaua Filimaua-Tau – I just call him Fili. Manly had two really good front rowers and out of all the selectors he ended up getting the jersey. He plays good minutes and is a really nice kid, he’s a big fella so he’s going to have to take us forward and work pretty hard through the middle. I look forward to watching him.

11. Ben Trbojevic (Manly Sea Eagles)

I’ve been watching Ben for a few years, obviously the relation to Tom and Jake. I watch him down at the Mona Vale Raiders – my son plays for that club – he’s been outstanding at that level and I hope he gets the ball, he’s a quiet kind of kid playing in the back row so I just hope he gets the ball, he’s an absolute handful, he’s got to be 6’1” or 6’2” already. If he wants it, he will make it.

12. Josh Schuster (Manly Sea Eagles)

He’s the standout, he’s got all of the skills, the size, and it will be interesting how he handles the occasion. He’s a real nice kid, a good team bloke, and they all like having him in the team and hopefully we get him some good ball and we’re not tackling all night so I’m keen to watch him.

13. Jaron Purcell (c) (Newcastle Knights)

He’s our captain, he won the game for the Knights in the Grand Final by scoring a try in extra time, he just doesn’t stop and he keeps going and going and going, much like our assistant coach Danny Buderus. He has a simple attitude, anything you tell him to do he does, and he pushes everyone hard so I’ve been really happy with how he has gone this week.

14. Tyler Field (Parramatta Eels)

I’ve been watching Tyler for a couple of years now, he plays up an age and is super fit, super skilful. He’ll get a go in the centres, we’ve talked to him about playing different positions and he’s our versatility option. He never seems to panic so I’m a real fan.

15. David Hollis (Parramatta Eels)

Your typical, tall, country front-rower. He’s gone and cut his sideburns off for some reason which is really odd, but he’s quite a character, I’ve watched him play for Parramatta and he goes pretty hard so he doesn’t let many blokes get over the top of him.

16. Harry Croker (Newcastle Knights)

We’ve had his brother in the system and Harry is exactly the same, he’s got this work ethic and such good manners that run throughout their whole family. He’s great around the club, he works hard and he knows what he is doing, he’s a really good player so I wish him all the best.

17. Blake Dowel (Illawarra Steelers)

All the selectors put Blake’s name forward, once again all our front rowers are pretty quiet (except for big Dave), he’ll get some time on the field, there are some big fellas in the team and he’ll be good for us.

18. Kobe Rugless (Sydney Roosters)

Kobe is from the Eastern Suburbs, I watched him play in the Indigenous under-16s this year and he absolutely killed them. He’s a real tough kid, great mentality, just goes and goes and goes. I’ve always thought if you have a good 18th man that keeps pushing everyone at training and sets the standard, then you’re going to have a pretty good footy team and he’s done that this week.

13+ upwards having a trial run vs Roosters, Bears and Eels as we speak today, at Nolans Reserve

Wow excited by next gen coming through. Cant wait too see all turbos playing together in maroon and white :) anyone know if replay will be shown anytime on fox?

Hopefully he stays, he is a weapon. I think he could a better centre than lyon or matai. Schuster is a gun a hear, apparently he is better then ben turbo in seecond row but should find out tonight. Kaeo Weekes on the other hand, he is a year young turning 15 this year and has been selected at starting five eight

I have heard a few times as well that Ben is very good and Shuster is better. Always hard to tell at this age but both could well be playing together as a lethal pairing backrow in 5 years time.

Shuster just sensational what hands and skills and just to stay alive and get back into it.

Youtube highlights on its own

HOPPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 all locked up less than 2 mins to go, Qld field goal bounces around in goal and hoppa breaks out past 4 to put Best away who is lightning quick

Very high quality match. NSW looked bigger and stronger but Qld was quick and skillful.
Best of the Manly boys were Hoppa and Schuster. Two others caught the eye: Bradman Best from Newcastle, and the Illawarra winger. Both are very big and fast.

NSW win by a wonder try in the last minute, as A Hopoatd evades three tackles IN HIS OWN goal Area, runs half the pitch and offloads to winger who scores. Come On !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8