Furner blasts officials after Manly loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When you aren't a very good team (like Canberra) you really need the 50/50 calls go your way to win - so I can understand his frustration.

Of course Manly won the penalties , they were at home. Its common knowledge and stats are there to show evidence all teams, stay on side and are much more disciplined when they play at their home grounds. The don't tackle as high, they play the ball better just about every time, and keep their hands out of the ruck

That's sarcasm just in case you havn't picked that up, the refs are spineless and part of adjudicating what they see fairly and honestly is determined by the crowd, and the notes they keep on players of course

Problem is coaches and officials only whinge when they lose, so it will never be fixed

Not surprising that Furner didn't point out that Manly had some line ball passes judged as forward whereas his mob got a way with a few shockers.
Must be one of the few times this year Manly has won the penalty count. Anyone know the stats on this?

I agree with the posters who called Canberra for getting away with forward passes and the Dugan 'try'. Just how long can one lie on your back without it being called held? His momentum was stopped, the ball was up and it was let go until he wrestled and eventually got it to ground. It was never in the one movement. That was a disgraceful call. As well, the blatant forward passes which were let go and the walking off the mark by them. A metre or two nearly every tackle. Furner shouldn't bleat. If they can't beat Parra next week he should be sacked.

If I was a Raiders fan I would have been unhappy with the refs too to be honest.

But they were up off the defensive line so fast all day today and I think it stifled our attack so it helped them plenty too ( when it was not costing penalties ). We were never gonna get pinged for inside the 10 cause our defence sat back & lacked sting yesterday & was marched down the field all day by the big Raiders pack.

But being honest we got some 50/50's yesterday ...and possibly needed them... just my opinion.

Furner should blast his teams performance after the Manly loss . If they were good enough they would have won.

The refereeing was poor but both sides were subjected to it. If we had of lost Toovey would have been doing the same thing.

So the question is and always has been - is the game rigged like WWE (wrestling)?

I for one do not think so but I can understand someone presenting a case for the affirmative.

Alan Jones did it while he was associated with Souths and referee Bill Harragin. Jones obviously lost and rightly so.

Look at our game last week against the dogs and look at the penalty count. We won of course but it could be argued that the dogs were the favoured side. (I even thought referee Suttor should have received the dogs player's player last week and said so based on his interpretation of penalties.)

Des Hasler last year said that the game is played by professionals but officiated on by amateurs after what some may say were bad calls. (I am paraphrasing of course and I for one don't agree. I wouldn't be a referee for any amount of money it is too hard. At best you can only please 50% of the crowd and worst you can alienate 100%.)

The question I suppose is this, do certain teams get the 50 / 50 calls more than others as the current referees probably grew up favouring a West, Dogs or Brisbane and subconsciously do they want these child-hood teams to win?

Dugan's "try" was already tackled & shouldn't have been given. Compare it to how quickly the other ref called another Raider held up over the line later.

What about the knock on call against winger George Tafuna from that charge down kick he dropped. Who did that favour? The ball went backwards by a mile.

Sick of coaches, players, whoever saying the refs lost them the game.
If your good enough you should be able to take officialdom out of the equation.

There is no way the results of the game are rigged.
If the game was rigged then Manly would never win a premiership because we have no TV crowd drawing appeal like the battling Westies Parra,Dogs,Tigers or the mass crowd appeal of Saints,Souths,Newcastle,Broncos. Those teams would always be up the top and featuring on the major games of the round. The game is rigged for the Broncos TV appeal that is why they get Fri night every week similarly most Sydney Fri nights will feature Saints,Dogs,Tigers,Parra.

The refereeing was bad all day.

The couple of 50/50 calls in the last 15 minutes went Manly's way, but geez we were hard done by more than a few times during the match.

Decent refereeing and Manly win by 18-20 points not just 6.

If we didn't bomb 5 tries in the first half the refereeing wouldn't have been questioned. Canberra were kept in the game by Manly dropping the ball all first half. The game got close and Manly got the 50/50 calls. It evens itself out in the end. We all remember some games in recent years where Manly have been absolutely raped by the refs.

I think we received more penalties for inside the 10m from the Raiders yesterday then we've received collectively for every other game this year. Really need to examine the footage to see if the Raiders were particularly bad in that area, or the refs were looking to get them because I'm sure if they tried they could penalise every team in the comp at least 20 times each for either not getting back the 10m or going to early.

Has anyone seen a good replay of Lussicks pass to Choc? I was almost in line with it in the Jane Try Stand and it looked at worst parrallel with the line markings. Not forward. I couldn't get a good look at the replay so was wondering if I was right or just getting old and blind.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4