Funny Rumours

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
What are some of the best rumours we have heard of recent years involving players coming to manly.

* Someone saw Willie Mason at the Mall and assumed that he was in negotiations with Manly.

* Aaron Moule was a pretty funny story. People almost cried when he backed out.

When I was living in Brisbane in the mid eighties there were strong rumours that Wally Lewis & Gene Miles were going to Manly in a deal brokered by Kerry Paker due to his friendship with Bob Fulton

Oops just saw the recent years bit ;)

The Joe Williams saga was also pretty amusing.

I remember people drueling over

6.Walker
7.Williams

or was it

6.Williams
7.Monaghan

Dallis Rennie, was that him?

Didnt we dodge a bullet by not signing Williams. Useless gimp he is!!!!

it seems that way with a lot of players Garts

Moule over Lyon/Bell/Matai???
Williams over Monaghan/Orford???
J.Monaghan over Lyon/Bell???

That Lewis Miles one wasnt a rumour, they were pretty well locked in and pulled out at the last minute

I remember when MSE where deleting every player rumour on there for a while, so I and one other "unnamed" silvertails Icon kept putting up Braith Anasta! and they kept taking it down lol that was hilarious, wasnt it Wheel !! oops.....

That Joe Williams one was a beauty.

Matt Orford Rumours where tops for a a few months prior to him coming to Manly.

I remember when MSE where deleting every player rumour on there for a while, so I and one other \"unnamed\" silvertails Icon kept putting up Braith Anasta! and they kept taking it down lol that was hilarious, wasnt it Wheel !! oops.....

:blush: :blush: :blush:

I remember last year someone saw Asotasi leaving our leagues club in a suit LOL.

I started one a few years back that Manly were signing Eion Crosson. A few of the natives bought it, and it got deleted from the official site within about 40min :D

Lewis broke his signed contract with Manly, he admits this himself at sports luncheons.... he had signed, got a bigger offer then told Manly "I'm not coming so what do you want to do?" they let him go. At least he had the decency to return his signing fee.

I reckon the best rumour from the last 2 years was that Matabelle was dumping us and becoming an administrator on the Rooters site.

Wally Lewis and Gene Miles has signed for Manly for 88 but when Brisbane announced their entry they were allowed to break contract and play with them again.

A few years late Zinzan Brooke was signed but was allowed to stay an All Black to win the World Cup, by Graham Lowe!!! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4