Funny how a super win can leave you feeling empty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
Loved the ferociousness of the win, however, I'm feeling empty and melancholic after it; the send offs and the possible suspensions; the retaliators and the possible suspensions; the injuries and the weakening of the team; even the sloppy play at times didn't make for a super spectacle... but all in all, the boys shoved it right up the oppositions tail pipe and gave them nothing. I applaud the intent and brutality of this team. Whoever is left on the park next week they will show they are still premiership contenders.

You are looking at it all wrong. This win should see us sew up second spot and two bites in the finals (it would have to be a massive turn-around in F&A for this not to happen). It was a game where I had my doubts about our ability but despite a huge disadvantage through injuries we won easily. We probably lost more through Glenn being sent off than them losing Blair but we held the game and deserved a bigger margin. We have terrific depth almost no matter what the outcomes and dumb decisions and citings by the panel. I haven't felt this confident this close to the finals in a long time (and I can be pretty pessimistic some times).

captainskin said:
Loved the ferociousness of the win, however, I'm feeling empty and melancholic after it; the send offs and the possible suspensions; the retaliators and the possible suspensions; the injuries and the weakening of the team; even the sloppy play at times didn't make for a super spectacle... but all in all, the boys shoved it right up the oppositions tail pipe and gave them nothing. I applaud the intent and brutality of this team. Whoever is left on the park next week they will show they are still premiership contenders.

Before i read any other comments.

Great post.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7