Fun Idea, Virtual Fantasy NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Right, so I think given we don't have NRL for a while, likely at least 3 months, I was going to see if there was a good game simulator out there to try and simulate the games, given current stats, might be a bit hard, so instead I think I might just start writing fantasy game reviews.

I.e. a break down of each game of the round and who won, and then tally everyone into tables. If we do that each week we could end up with quite a fun little game that we can play.

If anyone wants to get involved that would be great if we could break the games up to ease the load that would be great. The aim won't be for Manly to win all of them as well, lets try based on the first two rounds to make a few predictions.
Some mid-season trades may even occur

Anyone interested let me know and we can start this round.

Or if anyone else has this or wants to get it as well, might be a good way to source outcomes rather than random musings of me

Ah, nice idea! We have a big game against the Raiders tomorrow! I've got time at present @;)
so happy to 'attend' that game and write a report?
Or I might let someone else do Manly, I wouldn't be able to remain dispassionate, I might have a go at tonites big game of Storm v Souths instead :)

Ah, nice idea! We have a big game against the Raiders tomorrow! I've got time at present @;)
Or I might let someone else do Manly, I wouldn't be able to remain dispassionate, I might have a go at tonites big game of Storm v Souths instead :)
Can we just say that Latrell has done a hammy and won't be back for the rest of the year? :) I have a pretty good idea of what will be said and I'm a bit over it.

Happy for you to take either. In the mean time I am seeing if there is a basic simulator we can use, and anyone who wants to tally the score and ladder

Happy for you to take either. In the mean time I am seeing if there is a basic simulator we can use, and anyone who wants to tally the score and ladder
The original RL team manager was free and came with an editor. I think I still have a copy somewhere and could put on a cloud drive. But someone would need to update the team lists and player abilities for 2020.

The original RL team manager was free and came with an editor. I think I still have a copy somewhere and could put on a cloud drive. But someone would need to update the team lists and player abilities for 2020.
Might be worth it seeing if we could build that out, could be a fun group project. I can probably host it if we need to

we could also do something like
and just use their predictions, however I think it would be more fun to set some parameters and simulate say 50 games between each team and then use the average

we could also do something like
and just use their predictions, however I think it would be more fun to set some parameters and simulate say 50 games between each team and then use the average
Might be a bit ambitious (would also need exactly 16 players or teams), but could do a fantasy draft with all available players and then play out a simulated season (maybe with a couple of trade periods thrown in).

Might be a bit ambitious (would also need exactly 16 players or teams), but could do a fantasy draft with all available players and then play out a simulated season (maybe with a couple of trade periods thrown in).
I mean that's fine too, I am seeing if I could leverage a rugby simulator and tweak the scores a little there is a rugby league one I found it lets you define the teams in the comp but not specific games so your season doesn't match up

Hmm happy to do except I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do! I don't have steam, I can look at the forecaster and basically do a report of the match as I see it (!) not sure if that's what you have in mind?

Hmm happy to do except I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do! I don't have steam, I can look at the forecaster and basically do a report of the match as I see it (!) not sure if that's what you have in mind?
Basically just write a match report with and give it a score happy for you to make it up with the outcome you want or thought of.

From there if anyone who would be good at stats say an accountant.... @Clint or someone else good with numbers like @Ryan maybe they could look at this

and give an updated ELO rating for season 2020, if they do that I can start to calculate most likely outcomes of games

Basically just write a match report with and give it a score happy for you to make it up with the outcome you want or thought of.
Got it, the match is nearly finished I'll post the report shortly ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6