Fullbacks ranked ... TOM only #4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Turbo is top two. Teddy's defence is outstanding. But as each week passes opinions will change.
Reece Walsh will move up the pecking order, and I have a high opinion of Edwards, AJ Brimson and Gutho. Take Gutho out of that match last Thursday night and we win by 40 points.

Because I'm in the mood, Id go

1.Turbo
2.Tedesco
3.Latrell
4.Papy
5.Edwards
6.Gutherson
7.Drinkwater
8.Brimson
9.Walsh
10.Kennedy
11.Savage
12.Miller
13.HTF
14.Laurie
15.CNK
16.Sloan
17.Perham

I would concede Tedesco as no#1, purely because he just has been consistent year in and year out....very few injuries.

But then Tom as a minimum has to be #2.

In terms of the best 'on their day'. Tom destroys the others hands down. No-one has the skillset and dynamism that Tom has. I think Pappi could be a similar player in time....definitely not now!

Pretty dumb poll to have at this time of year. What's it even based on - 2 or 3 rounds of NRL? or 2022 season? Or the World Cup? or... ???
Manu could be rated top and Sualii up there as well and they aren't even fullbacks.
I think Tedesco has slipped a little, especially in pace, but still a strong tackle breaker etc.
However.... I wouldn't swap Turbo for any of them.

I tend to agree with he ratings myself, love what Turbo brings "when fit" ;) but can acknowledge the qualities of those rated above and near him

I would love Tedesco (but he is at the tail end of his career).

Hindsight says Gutho is an awesome FB. But maybe just maybe the captaincy has brought more out of him. He is ultra competitive, and seems to have an uncanny knack of holding a potential try scorer up

Sonic plays for Melbourne so I care not for him.

Edwards is brilliant, but lets see how he goes behind a bit of depleted pack this year.

The best completely depends on you parameters. Past success, current form, best game/season, worst game/season, injury history, potential injury future, past/current/potential skill set. It's so convoluted it's not worth thinking about.

The one thing I know is I wouldn't swap Tom for any other current fullback.

Do we even know the metrics used to compile the list?
I wouldn’t stress about it too much.
Tommy’s our boy and none of us would swap him for anyone on the list.
When we go deep into the year (hopefully all the way) and he stays on the field for the season, Fox can revise who the best FB in the game is.
Furthermore Tom proved his also one of, if not the best centre in the game during origin, his utility value only is insane, can play anywhere in the backline, halves, would in my opinion also make an awesome edge forward and has proved he could even play up front (calm down, not saying anywhere in the middle is his thing) just sayin is there anything our Tommy can’t do.
Screw Fox and the list it’s got no credibility, that’s self evident.
Metric system is: Paul Kent’s view + Braiths view - Buzz’s view x Hoopers view divided by Crawleys view = (insert fox developed list here). Lol

I think whoever compiled the list used a range of variables of which games played in 2022 would have played a major factor in the overall rating. Turbo played just 7 games in 2022, Trell played 17, Teddy 24, Edwards 25, Papenhuyzen 12.

Whoever compiled the list would have used a myriad of stats to rank the players, probably the usual SC stuff, along with suspensions and injuries. Trell got hit with a ban after his hit on Manu, however, that was 2021.

Now saying all that, it’s just conjecture and Turbo didn’t even rate in the Top 50 most marketable sports stars, which is absolute BS.

As an example, my NSW backline for Origin would be:

Tedesco
Papenhuyzen
Mitchell
Turbo
Campbell Graham
Luai
Cleary

And, yep, as Mitchell suggested, QLD would be ‘sh..ting themselves

I think whoever compiled the list used a range of variables of which games played in 2022 would have played a major factor in the overall rating. Turbo played just 7 games in 2022, Trell played 17, Teddy 24, Edwards 25, Papenhuyzen 12.

Whoever compiled the list would have used a myriad of stats to rank the players, probably the usual SC stuff, along with suspensions and injuries. Trell got hit with a ban after his hit on Manu, however, that was 2021.

Now saying all that, it’s just conjecture and Turbo didn’t even rate in the Top 50 most marketable sports stars, which is absolute BS.

As an example, my NSW backline for Origin would be:

Tedesco
Papenhuyzen
Mitchell
Turbo
Campbell Graham
Luai
Cleary

And, yep, as Mitchell suggested, QLD would be ‘sh..ting themselves
Love the origin backline, 4 FB‘s & a centre on the wing……works for me…….Gutho or Edwards could easily make the backline all FB’s, thing is, stretch is killing at the moment, hope we close him out sat.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4