Fullback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I found this really interesting and thought others might too. I'm sure someone else will publish it but I can only do the link.
It also highlights the huge defensive aspect we were missing without Tommy.

I found this really interesting and thought others might too. I'm sure someone else will publish it but I can only do the link.
It also highlights the huge defensive aspect we were missing without Tommy.

And the $64,000 dollar question is ...

Should he count and line up the defence from ...

a) The play the ball outwards ... or
b) The wing inwards

Is that why you were a forward? 😉🙃

Nah, I was a show pony, fullback or wing ..

But it is a topic I have had a few arguments about over the years .. especially in touch footy teams with rah rah players..

Nah, I was a show pony, fullback or wing ..

But it is a topic I have had a few arguments about over the years .. especially in touch footy teams with rah rah players..
So which do ya reckon? (Trying to win the $64,000)

And the $64,000 dollar question is ...

Should he count and line up the defence from ...

a) The play the ball outwards ... or
b) The wing inwards
I think it depends on the quality of the middle defence. With a strong middle defensive unit, I would argue that he should count and line up the defence from the wing inwards.

Wing inwards , unless a side has some damm good slide defence . Lot easier to cover in the ruck area surrounds , out wider just so much more ground gain on offer and harder for a retreating defence to reorganize

Yes sorry I always was and still am from inside to out. Just quicker for a fullback or anyone organising the defence to count from what is in front of them or next to them to out. Might be a millisecond to divert the eyes out and then back in - but any time in defence is precious

I would have said "inside to out", simply because "inside" is where the ball currently is and where the earliest threat might develop. If it travels to "outside" your FB can trail it and the defence gets a couple of seconds to hopefully slide and adjust (Manly not so great at doing this).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4