Fullback - MANLY Dream Team 60th birthday celebrations in 2006

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
MANLY'S Dream Team will be chosen as part of the club's 60th birthday celebrations in 2006 .

Silvertails will go through the process of selecting the best team via website polls. Each position at a time.

So which players would you suggest to be eligible for ...........Fullback?

Bob Batty
Ron Willey
Graham Eadie
Dale Shearer (could be winger as well)
Matthew Ridge

IMO Stewart hasn't done enough yet to be mentioned alongside those

I agree totally with The Wheels candidates.For me Wombat is a shoe in,with Turban Head a very close second.

If the selectors hadn't cut Yogi rogers after just one bad game he would have been a superstar. All he needed was a second chance and a bit of encouragement.

It is a pity he is not around now because Dessie would have kept him in the team for months before dropping him.

Well Des persisted with Jye for a half a season so you are probably right Tookey

Tookey....you could send Rogers a chrissie card signed by Dessie, with a request to Yorgen for a come out of retirement call up. :p

Wombat is the man.

- Regular Australian fullback for years;
- Touted by RLW as the best player in the world in 1979;
- Loyal servant to Manly for over a decade;
- 4 premierships, 2 GF runner-up;
- Reliable goal-kicker;
- Destructive in attack and dependable in defence;
- Good bloke

The closest rival would be Ridge:

- Great defender;
- Awesome goal-kicker;
- Great organisational skills from behind the line; but.......

- Average attacker;
- Not with the club for the time that Wombat was;
- He's a Kiwi for god's sake.

So our poll will include

Bob Batty
Ron Willey
Graham Eadie
Dale Shearer
Matthew Ridge

Any requirement to add anyone else?

Well Des persisted with Jye for a half a season so you are probably right Tookey

if Dessie persisted with "one hit up" king for the season as well then Yorgen would have played at least half a season in firsts. he probably also would have given brendan reeves a run for full back in the NE days as well.

Wombat is the man by a street, with Ridge a good second though Wheel's list contains the candidates needed.

Stewart has a lot to do to live up to the greatness of the other two though he might just be up to it. Time will tell.

I wasn't around for Eadie, and I grew up loving Ridge, but how good was Shearer! He's my first recollection of ANY fullback in rugby league, and he could pretty much do it all. Consumate performer and wonderful talent.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2