Full Strength Team looking ahead?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Assuming Suli leaves, Fainu is found not guilty sooner rather than later and we sign Bullemor, this would be my team next year.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Foran.
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Fainu
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Paseka
16. Taupau
17. Bullemor/Walker

I think Paseka and Taupau off the bench after 20 or so minutes they could be much more destructive than starting them, Walker on his day is quality but I can't see him getting in that 13 ahead of Harper/ Hank Scorpio. Wingers are untouchable at the moment. Schuster and Haumole incredible. Jake at lock is solid as they come. Only selection headache could be at hooker with Fainu, Lawton, Croker, Cust all vying for that position. Halves and the tall blonde bloke with the funny last name shouldn't have any worries either.

Any changes you would make ????

Not sure about Sipley. Noted he did not get a second stint last night. In short don’t think he played well last night against a strong pack.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

18. Brad Parker
19. Andrew Davey
20. Toafofoa Sipley
21. Lachlan Croker
22. Christian Tuipulotu
23. Ben Trbojevic
24. Zac Saddler
25. Tolutau Koula
26. Kurt De Luis
27. Cade Cust

Leaving our shores: Jorge Taufua (retired), Moses Suli (Dragons), Morgan Boyle (unsigned), Jack Gosiewski (Sharks).

Promoted to top 30: Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake

2022 will be a chance to tweak the run on side a little bit. Fainu wont be available until August 2022. That's assuming he is found not guilty of the charges. I would be tempted to shift Schuster out into the centres, and start Lawton as hooker. Schuster in the centres could be an absolute revelation in attack, and his defence is first class. I think Davey in the backrow would work well, with Bullemor on the bench. Keppie is also still in the mix obviously. I cant really find a spot for Parker, unless he goes into the backrow rotation perhaps?

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Schuster
5. Garrick
6. Foran.
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Lawton
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Davey/Keppie/Bullemor
13. Jake
14. Walker/Croker
15. Paseka
16. Taupau
17. Davey/Keppie/Bullemor/Parker

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Manase Fainu
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Curtis Sironen

18. Brad Parker
19. Andrew Davey
20. Toafofoa Sipley
21. Lachlan Croker
22. Christian Tuipulotu
23. Ben Trbojevic
24. Zac Saddler
25. Tolutau Koula
26. Kurt De Luis
27. Cade Cust

Leaving our shores: Jorge Taufua (retired), Moses Suli (Dragons), Morgan Boyle (unsigned), Jack Gosiewski (Sharks).

Promoted to top 30: Sione Fainu, Kaeo Weekes, Alec Tuitavake
Squad looks great but I think Weekes and Tuitavake stay as development players. Bullemor a very good chance to come in (29), and I think we will recruit another back from outside the squad as well (30)

Would love a fullback alternative:
Caleb Aekins, Adam Cook, Dale Copley, Josh Dugan, Albert Hopoate, Tex Hoy
Are available.

Honestly, bring Albert Hopoate home (we need bargain basement contracts).
Dale Copley could be worth a look. He provides cover for fullback, centre and wing. It would be a big call to bring Albert Hopoate back in to the Manly fold, but could be worth a shot as well (risky). Copley on a 2 year contract with club option for the second year would be far less risk. It would also send the right signal to Koula that he is in the mix for that role as well.

Would love a fullback alternative:
Caleb Aekins, Adam Cook, Dale Copley, Josh Dugan, Albert Hopoate, Tex Hoy
Are available.

Honestly, bring Albert Hopoate home (we need bargain basement contracts)
Love the idea of a fullback alternative however none of those names inspire me!
Many say koula/weekes are just that, yet des hasn't given them a look in as yet.
A winger/fullback with pace to replace Funa is what I believe we need. Our new style can't accommodate slow wingers..

01. Turbo
02. Saab
03. Tui/Koula (part of our long term plans, blood one of them, and work on them)
04. Harper
05. Garrick
06. Foran
07. DCE
08. Aloiai
09. Fainu
10. Paseka
11. Smole
12. Schu
13. Jake

14. Walker/Lawton
15. Bullemor
16. Marty
17. Sipley/Keppie

Dale Copley could be worth a look. He provides cover for fullback, centre and wing. It would be a big call to bring Albert Hopoate back in to the Manly fold, but could be worth a shot as well (risky). Copley on a 2 year contract with club option for the second year would be far less risk. It would also send the right signal to Koula that he is in the mix for that role as well.
I am a big Dale Copley fan - our family has been close with him for years..... Dale however does get injured a lot and you never ever get to see all his talent. If he wasn't so injury prone he is great cover for the backs.

He
Not sure about Sipley. Noted he did not get a second stint last night. In short don’t think he played well last night against a strong pack.
I'm a fan of sips but defs had a shocker last night. Got hooked for that offload on tackle one that went wrong I think

Assuming Suli leaves, Fainu is found not guilty sooner rather than later and we sign Bullemor, this would be my team next year.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Harper
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. Foran.
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Fainu
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Schuster
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Paseka
16. Taupau
17. Bullemor/Walker

I think Paseka and Taupau off the bench after 20 or so minutes they could be much more destructive than starting them, Walker on his day is quality but I can't see him getting in that 13 ahead of Harper/ Hank Scorpio. Wingers are untouchable at the moment. Schuster and Haumole incredible. Jake at lock is solid as they come. Only selection headache could be at hooker with Fainu, Lawton, Croker, Cust all vying for that position. Halves and the tall blonde bloke with the funny last name shouldn't have any worries either.

Any changes you would make ????
If suli is to leave we will definitely need to bring in another centre into the squad. Tuipolotu is our only cover if it happens. I'm not including Koula as I think personally he would be best on the wing

Turbo
Garrick
Walker
Harper
Saab
Foran
DCE
Taupau
Lawton/Fainu
Paseka
Olaka
Schustr
Jurbo
Fainu/Lawton
Keppie
Aloiai
Sipley
Cust
Parker
Funa
Weekes
Tuipulotu
Koula
De Luis
Copley (just spectulating)
Bullemor (just spectulating)

Thanks & Goodbye
Suli
Siro
Boyle
Gosie
Taufua
Croker

Side note;
Copley would be a handy pickup. Its kinda traditional for Manly to have a QLD center/back (Steve Bell, Danny Moore, Chris Close) whom ends up winning a GF with Manly.

Bring back Albert Hopoate....NO WAY!
I'd rather Bailey Simonsson, Sam Verills and Nicho Hynes

does anyone know if Lachlan coote still gets about in the ESL and does he still go ok. very dufty like
he might want a last go at it and would be worthy if he was close to his old form. the attacking game would suit him these days.

If suli is to leave we will definitely need to bring in another centre into the squad. Tuipolotu is our only cover if it happens. I'm not including Koula as I think personally he would be best on the wing
Be nice to pick up a classy centre with a step and line break, not sure where from thou, and at what price

does anyone know if Lachlan coote still gets about in the ESL and does he still go ok. very dufty like
he might want a last go at it and would be worthy if he was close to his old form. the attacking game would suit him these days.
It was announced a few weeks ago that he's leaving St Helen's to move to Hull KR.

Let's just say that everyone who is currently off contract this year doesn't get extended, and also assume Fainu remains in the wilderness - how do we look ?

Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Harper
Saab
Foran
DCE
Taupau
Croker
Paseka
Schuster
Haumole
Jurbo

Sipley
Aloai
Lawton
Keppie

Depth Backs
Suli
Tippytoes
Koula
Weekes

Depth Halves
Cust
Humphries

Depth Edge Forwards
Burbo
Suli
Davey

Depth Middle Forwards
Davey
Sione Fainu
De Luis
Tu'itavake

So not the worst position as far as top 17 goes. No different from this year really.

We go to market for some backrow depth. We also need to plan ahead for Foran / DCE and look at halves depth. I don't see Schuster playing 6 to be honest, he is going to get bigger and stronger and settle into that edge forward role. We need a succession plan there.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8