Front Row Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's difficult to rate these things. Mostly I am swayed by long service and overall impact to the club. However this time I put in a vote for Kevin Ward as he really impressed as a prop toiling over a season, and in my memory as one of the greatest when he flew back from freezing England to play in a GF scorcher in 1987.

Quote from Rex Mossip protesting the possibility of his local beach becoming becoming clothing optional:

"The last thing we want around here is to have male genitals rammed down our throats every Saturday morning"

Go you good thing Rex.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
I can't believe that John O'Neill isn't top of the list. I rate these guys not only by their Manly form but also by their standing in the international game - which was fair dinkum then.

O'Neill turned a soft pack into a Premiership heavyweight, back in the days when there was no video replay and the gloves were off for the first 20 mins of each game. It was warfare and he was the toughest hombre. Bull and Mossop played back in the days when you wouldn't put a player younger than about 24 on the field as he woulld be bashed out of the game.

I have just checked this poll and I am astounded that O'Neill is only currently ranked 3rd. With no disrespect to either Carroll or Roberts who currently lead this poll neither of them were anywhere near the class of O'Neill. We won our first premeirship off the back of O'Neill. Wether Carroll or Roberts can make the same claim is debatable.

I guess this is the problem with running a poll. If you never saw O'Neill play it would be difficult to cast a vote for him. I never saw Mossop or Bull play and accordingly they did not get my votes although I would not be surpised to hear that Roy Bull gets a starting spot at the naming of our best team ever.

For those that have not yet cast their vote I urge you to Vote 1 - O"Neill

Written & spoken by Corso Pete on behalf the John O'Neill is our best ever prop society

[/quote]

Well said & I agree whole heartidly.

Pete you are slowly turning into a silvertail, you are now making sense in the forum and also now taken to flying to games by plane (although it is in cattle class).

If you happen to graduate to flying Qantas (business class even better) to Brisbane/Melbourne/Townsville next season in leiu of Jet Star/Virgin you will have to abidicate your Rocker ties and heritage.

Remember we are the Silvertails, we eat the oysters the rest eat the shells. 8D

I think it is fairly obvious that a poll like this is going to be skewed towards "modern" players, especially given that it is an internet poll on a website that we are told has a narrow target demographic. Basically the majority of us would be under 40, so memories of 60's and early 70's are going to be hazy at best, or based on hearsay.

This is reflected in the composition of the team so far. The only "old school" players are Irvine, Fulton and Reilly. Fulton is an obvious choice given that he is an Immortal, so whether you saw him play or not is irrelevant. Irvine was probably picked on sheer weight of tries which would stand the test of time, whether you were witness to them or not. Anyway his next closest rival was Hoppa which would have been an embarrassment had he made the team. Reilly probably got through based on hearsay, which is fine because from all accounts he was a good player.

Therefore if O'Neill gets through that's great because plenty of good judges who saw him play rate him as one of the best. I just voted based on those players I saw play regularly, with the exception of Fulton whom I only have shady memories of, and mostly in his Eastern Suburbs days.

Be interested to see how the side we pick compares to the "official" side.

Pete you are slowly turning into a silvertail, you are now making sense in the forum and also now taken to flying to games by plane (although it is in cattle class).

If you happen to graduate to flying Qantas (business class even better) to Brisbane/Melbourne/Townsville next season in leiu of Jet Star/Virgin you will have to abidicate your Rocker ties and heritage.

I have only ever flown Jetstar once, and it will be the only time. Business class is a wank, perfect for all you Silvertail tossers.

Us rockers are more than happy to be at the back of the Boeing Bus, I have no problem flying Qantas, they are happy to feed you. I was on Virgin flight back from Cairns last month and I had to pay $5.00 for a friggin sandwich. It has never bothered me on 1 hour flights but heck you would think on 3.5hour flight they could feed you. Next time I will take my own sandwich.

My rocker heritage is never in doubt and I will never convert to your dark side. I am happy to wave to you all as you check in through Wanker class as we rockers queue, waiting for seats row numbers 17-36 to be called to the gate.

Interestingly though I have noticed that Matabele after being wined and dined is now showing a much more supportive side to his persona. Maybe the tide is turning in the other direction?

[quote author=The Wheel]

I have only ever flown Jetstar once, and it will be the only time. Business class is a wank, perfect for all you Silvertail tossers.

Us rockers are more than happy to be at the back of the Boeing Bus, I have no problem flying Qantas, they are happy to feed you. I was on Virgin flight back from Cairns last month and I had to pay $5.00 for a friggin sandwich. It has never bothered me on 1 hour flights but heck you would think on 3.5hour flight they could feed you. Next time I will take my own sandwich.

My rocker heritage is never in doubt and I will never convert to your dark side. I am happy to wave to you all as you check in through Wanker class as we rockers queue, waiting for seats row numbers 17-36 to be called to the gate.

Interestingly though I have noticed that Matabele after being wined and dined is now showing a much more supportive side to his persona. Maybe the tide is turning in the other direction?

[/quote]

It is amazing what a free lunch can do for one's sense of perception. There is no such thing as a free lunch by the way - may be there were some 'strings attached'.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4