Front page NRL's website:

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
With the penalty count 9 to 4 today, have a look at the current front page of the NRL website:

“Broncos stun Sea Eagles

Brisbane flex their premiership muscles with an impressive 18-10 win over Manly in a perfect tune-up for next Saturday night's home final against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium”

Impressive?? It’s like they had the news script written a week ago !

What nothing about the shock horror disgrace and think of the kids over Thaiday's tackle that nearly put Kite in a wheelchair. How surprising.

The funniest part will probably be the article following the headline with the coach's comments saying it wasn't that impressive or something

Just listen to both Gus and Rabs. The latter pointedly made the claim that Gallen may wish to reconsider his appraisal of the Eighth Wonder of the World's premiership chances after that performance.

When we beat them in round 12 by 34-10, they were missing Croakey, the Golliwog and 'Dutch Courage' Hodges. When they beat us today, with all the hype over the Plateglass Kid's farewell they could only beat us by 18-10. The 'experts' tipped them to towel us. We had four players unavailable through suspension, plus King, Wolfman and Hoppa Jr injured. Which was the more impressive losing performance?

Blake said:
Was anyone in here actually 'stunned' that we lost???

I was stunned we were within a bull**** video ref decision of winning. If that was the Bonkos it would have been given a try. Benefit of the doubt on the offside if it was them.

Front story now changed to:

"Nervous wait for Broncos

Brisbane must sweat on an injury to fullback Josh Hoffman and a potential judiciary call for Sam Thaiday after holding out a depleted Manly to secure a home final against the Warriors next Saturday night"

Duff said:
Just like against melbs in '08, you can sometimes walk away from a loss with a win.

I agree, the last time I walked away from a loss with a smile ear to ear was the loss to Melbourne at Brookie in '08. We know what happened after that now don't we?

Brisbane played a reserve grade team and nearly lost. If they play like that next week they will be creamed by the Warriors then get the Dragons or Tigers...That's going to be Awesome!!

Bongos wont have that idiot who upended Kite next week. Dangerous and driving. The Warriors should win.

The NRL & Judiciary most probably won't see it that way DSM.

Yeah, it's funny, when I first read the front page summary I was also incredulous until I realized it was most likely a lazy piece of journalism. I too was all smiles after this "loss".

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6