From Wests Tigers Official Site Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
A few things about Manly:-

1. Bomb the hell out of Donald and Stewart. Stewarts confidence will be down after last week and if we can pepper him with a few early ones it will put him off with his game.
2. Attack the edges. Which we already do, manlys centres got stood up big time last week.
3. Markers have to work. Our markers have to be really quick, and aware for manly. Especially with watmough, (although he plays close to the fringe) and Dunley when he comes on. He always makes metres outta there.
4. Kennedy. He will run at Prince and benji all day. We need our centres to help them out big time.
5. Oh...and hold the ball.

--------------------

That kick-off that Hornby dropped... there was something about Patty's kick that from the instant it left his boot, I knew it was going to be put down.

More of the same please Pat.

This post has been edited by sober_siddhi on 4 May 2005, 01:26 PM

Magpie Nick Posted: 4 May 2005, 03:30 PM

--------------------------

Manly don't seem to do any fancy stuff, just work it up the field through their forwards and then Witt and Monaghan come into play. If we dominate their forwards, should be an easier task seeing some are out and backing up, and keep them in their own end, we should get the upper hand.

--------------------

i'm surprised we didn't use more bombs against the dragons

--------------------

Heart, Faith, Steel
In Sheens We Trust

http://www.mockparliament.com

tim1980 Posted: 4 May 2005, 03:47 PM

Can anyone actually believe how well Shayne Dunley is doing now at the Sea Eagles. Week in week out he looks dangerous. Turn the clock back 5 or 6 years, and I truly thought he was a very ordinary player at Balmain! I remember one game very clearly where he must have put in 5 chip and chase kicks for himself, without regathering a single one!! Good luck to him, he has turned his game around and is now an important member of their team. If I remember right he came over from Manly with Adam Nable who played a bit of hooker for Wests Tigers in our inaugural year I believe.

----------------------------------

Yeah, they play a very no frills type, safety first game, which is what we should do as well.....I wanna see more patience this game, let the forwards slog it out, let our guys get the upper hand, if they play like they did against Saints theere will be no ifs about it, they will dominate, then let the backs go, in good field possy.

--------------------

Manly play smart and make the majority of there good attacking metres from penalties and than apply the screws. Brisbane were disciplined as we must be

--------------------

seeing that half there forwards are injured, one suspeneded, some backing up--we should dominate their pack pretty easily--especially the way patty and skando stood up last week--not to mention heingo, o'neill and laffranchi, as well as galea coming back

--------------------

Hold the ball and we win easily. Simple really., not easy though.

Our Forwards really did stand up last week, thye were playing like they did in the roosters & dogs games earlier this year!!!!

its important that these forwards lay a good foundation for us this week, then our little men can run riot out wide!!!

--------------------

the kittens online album
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3528595093

------------------------------------

QUOTE (tim1980 @ 4 May 2005, 03:47 PM)
Can anyone actually believe how well Shayne Dunley is doing now at the Sea Eagles. Week in week out he looks dangerous. Turn the clock back 5 or 6 years, and I truly thought he was a very ordinary player at Balmain! I remember one game very clearly where he must have put in 5 chip and chase kicks for himself, without regathering a single one!! Good luck to him, he has turned his game around and is now an important member of their team. If I remember right he came over from Manly with Adam Nable who played a bit of hooker for Wests Tigers in our inaugural year I believe.

I still reckon he's a mug. He's no Rob Farah for sure.

If I'm not mistaken, Dunley went to Manly from the Tigers, then to Parra, then back to Manly?

Joel Posted: 5 May 2005, 11:12 AM

International

Group: Members
Member No.: 285

Location: VB Original Ale. Out now. Try it, buy it and love it.

QUOTE (jirskyr @ 5 May 2005, 10:50 AM)
QUOTE (tim1980 @ 4 May 2005, 03:47 PM)

I still reckon he's a mug. He's no Rob Farah for sure.

If I'm not mistaken, Dunley went to Manly from the Tigers, then to Parra, then back to Manly?

Dunley - Manly/Balmain/Parramatta/Manly.

Well they don't sound like Brain Surgeons, talk about stating the bleeding obvious.

I hope they bomb Stewart all day because he hadn't dropped one all year till Friday night. Prefer to take our chances that way rather trying to stop Prince, Benji, Whatirua close to the line.

yeah keep kicking to stewart fellas, hes as slow as and cant change direction!!!!!

or better yet push him towards his wingers as they are even slower as well!!!

Maybe they are bringing along a set of light for the ground to get into stewy eyes. That and 15,000 supporters to put the pressure on.

Big difference between lang on a friday night and brookie on a sunday arvo.

Sounds like they are giving our forwards no respect - good, they will underestimate, and be suprised if we play ok or well

They just sound like a typical buch of one-eyed supporters - good luck to em I say.

In addition to Fluffy's points, the wind at Brookie doesn't swirl around stadium style like it did at Lang.

Fow anybody that was up there on Friday night, was it as obvious at the ground as it was on TV?

I was there SDS and it wasn't overly windy at the ground although we were only 2 seats from the fence so we may have missed it, I think it was more the quality of the kicks that put Brett under pressure - very high (they almost brought rain), well directed with a good chase.

Thanks Wheel, the first kick that Brett dropped did seem to change direction pretty suddenly when it was dropping which made it look pretty windy out there. Even still, it was one that he would normally eat for breakfast. He'll come back strongly for sure on Sunday IMHO.

I did get the same impression SDS. Some kickers when they are on are able to create this effect - well so it seems.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4